One of the most frequently happened issues of iTunes is its connection with iOS devices. And related reminder such as iTunes error 0xe8000084 or error 0xe80000a, they are both reporting a warning that iTunes could not connect to this iPhone or iPad.
When you try to update your iPhone X to the latest iOS 13.4 with iTunes, suddenly you meet an instant files deletion or new files appearing, or also experience the drop of internet connection speed, then an “unknown error occurred (0xe800008a)” will pop up as you see. This is the real scenario actually to be. But why will this error happen?
Reasons behind iTunes Error 0xe8000084
It can be caused by a number of reasons including:
- Your iTunes version could be outdated so your iPhone or iPad becomes incompatible with it.
- Conflicts between processes running in your system background.
- Poor network between your iPhone or iPad and iTunes.
- A damaged USB cable or port that makes it difficult for iTunes to recognize your device.
- Incorrect download of iTunes or incomplete component files
Whatever the reasons for iTunes error 0xe8000084 or error 0xe80000a, they may be annoying and persistent, but repairs are available. How to fix iTunes error 0xe8000084 or error 0xe80000a? In this article, You can easily get rid of this error and we will show you how to solve it for good.
A warmly remind: Before you try the following tips, try another USB cable or port to exclude hardware problems.
Part 1. Fix iTunes Unknown Error 0xe8000084 in One Click
Firstly, if you are a user chasing quick and effective solution to fix this urgent error, we highly recommend you to choose a trusted helper iMyFone TunesFix. It is praised by many users that TunesFix is the best solution during all the methods they have tried before——easy, workable and no concern at all. Let’s find out what it can do for you!
- Specially repair iTunes Connect Error: Scan and auto-detect the issues like error 0xe8000084 or error 0xe80000a then fix in one click.
- Quick program and within 2 or 3 minutes your iOS devices can be fixed to normal.
- 100% safe repairing and you won’t loss a single KB of files while using TunesFix.
- Boost iTunes performance with a single click, enable your iTunes updating to the latest version.
- Uninstall iTunes completely and also erase the data traces of iTunes installation files.
- Repair 100+ iTunes problems automatically.
Apart from a single repairing iTunes connection issues, it can do a lot more than that:
More iTunes Errors and Issues TunesFix Can Solve:
- Fix iTunes Install/Update Issues: including error 2503, 2, 127, 126, iTunes/iTunesHelper was not installed correctly, Apple Mobile Device Service failed to start, insufficient privileges, etc.
- Solve Backup/Restore Errors: such as error 14, 3194, 39, 3212, 2009, 3004, etc.
- Repair Other iTunes Problems including error 1004, 1611, 4005, 3014, 9006, iOS update errors, iOS restore issues, etc.
You can permanently get rid of the error in one click by following these steps:
Launch iMyFone TunesFix and it will automatically detect your iTunes and necessary components. If your iTunes or components are damaged, you can choose to repair it.
After repairing, please check your iTunes can connect to your iPhone or not. If not, follow the steps below.Then you will be directed to the homepage. On this page, you can see all the options available to fix your iTunes issues. Click “Repair iTunes Connect Issues” mode.
- Click on “Repair” to start the process. Once this is done, your iTunes will work properly.
Part 2. Try Uninstall/Reinstall iTunes and Related Components
As the reasons we have discuss above, one of the main causes is that incorrect download causing iTunes lack of some component files. In this case, you can totally uninstall iTunes then re-download again.
For Window 10 User:
You can manually uninstall the main components files of iTunes, here we will list each component to you and explain how you can remove them.
The components files you need to remove:
- Apple Application Support
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Software Update
Click on Start > Settings > Apps & features and click on the above features.
For Mac User:
- Right-click the iTunes.app file in the Applications folder and click Get Info
- Click the padlock icon and enter your Admin Password
- Expand Sharing & Permissions and set "everyone" to Read & Write
- Drag the desktop iTunes icon to the trash
- Type Activity Monitor into Spotlight and launch the app
- Find iTunes Helper and remove it
Navigate to Library > Preferences and remove files with "com.apple.itunes" at the beginning
Part 3. Try Manually Fix iTunes Error 0xe8000084 on Windows
If the pc you are trying to connect your device to has a windows operating system, here’s how you can solve the error 0xe8000084. You can fix the error by using the following steps:
- Connect your Apple device to the PC and quit iTunes.
- Pressing “Alt + Ctrl + Del” keys on your keyboard at the same time and choose Task Manager.
- Once Task Manager is open, sort the processes by Image Name and kill every process that starts with “Apple”. In order to kill a process, simply right click on the process and select “End Process” or “End Task”. Make sure to end the “AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe” process in order to complete this step.
- Open the Run command by pressing “Win + R” keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- When the Run command appears, Copy and Paste the following command in the text box.
- If your operating system is 32-bit, copy and paste this command: “%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe”.
- If you are using a 64-bit operating system, copy and paste this command: “%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe”
This method is only applied for the windows system and the operator should have knowledge about computer nature. It contains around six steps but actually you might need to do more if your original setting is different. For those who are not familiar with computer operation, this method is not a perfect fit for you.
This article has introduced 3 ways to help you fix iTunes error 0xe8000084, you should have a basic understanding of this issues.
It is very common that "your iPhone can’t connect to iTunes" this situation happen and pop up related error code, so that is why we recommend you to install iMyFone TunesFix this powerful software to as your safeguard. You can fix 99.99% common issues in one click also improve your iTunes performance by regular updating version and cleaning up cache. Install now to get the free examination for you iTunes!