Updating your iPhone to the latest version is a process that should be filled with lots of excitement bearing in mind that it provides you with access to new features. However, at times things do not go according to plan. One such problem is when the touch screen does not work during the update. If you are faced with such an issue while updating your iPhone to iOS 12, this article will provide you with all information you need on how to fix iPhone update screen not working.
1. Restart Your iPhone
The first solution you should consider trying is restarting your iPhone. You can do this by following these simple steps:
Restarting Your iPhone X
- Start by pressing and holding any of the two Volume buttons and the Side button until a Slider appears on your screen.
- Swipe the Slider to turn off your device.
- Restart your iPhone X by pressing and holding the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
Restarting Your iPhone 8 and Earlier Models
- Hold the Side button until you see the Slider on the screen.
- Swipe the Slider to turn off your iPhone.
- Restart your device by pressing and holding the Side button again until the Apple logo appears.
2. Hard Reset Your iPhone
If restarting your iPhone did not work and iOS update screen not working, still, you can do a hard reset on it. This process has been proven to solve over 70% of most software issues faced by iPhone users. Here is how to perform a hard reset:
Hard Reset iPhone 6s and Earlier Models
- Press and hold the Home and Power buttons together until your iPhone turns black and the Apple logo appears.
Hard Reset iPhone 7
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons together until your iPhone turns black and the Apple logo appears.
Hard Reset iPhone 8 and iPhone X
- Quickly press the Volume Up button and then quickly press the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until your iPhone turns black and the Apple logo appears.
Note that this process takes about 20 seconds, so do not worry if it seems to take too long.
3. Restore your iPhone with iTunes
If the reboot was not beneficial, you can try restoring your iPhone with iTunes. Before that, remember to make a backup for your iPhone because restoring an iPhone will wipe all the data on it. You can do this by following these simple steps.
- Install and launch iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and tap on your device when it appears on the iTunes software.
- Select Restore iPhone… and allow iTunes to restore your iPhone.
- Wait until iTunes completes the process.
You can then restore the backup to your iPhone to get data back on iPhone. Doing this should fix the iPhone update touch screen not working problem when updating to iOS 12.
4. Fix iPhone Update Screen Not Working via iOS Repair Tool
If your iPhone's screen is still not working after updating to iOS 12, then you need the help of a third-party application. The best solution here is to use iMyFone iOS System Recovery. This simple-to-use software handles most iOS issues that occur in iPhones after new iOS version update.
iMyFone iOS System Recovery comes in three different modes – Standard Mode, One-Click to Exit Recovery Mode, and Advanced Mode, which have different uses depending on the problem you want to solve. For instance, the Standard Mode handles iOS problems like iPhone frozen or stuck in reboot, without leading to loss of data. Exit Recovery is a one-click quick fix for iPhone issues and does not affect your data. On the other hand, the Advanced Mode fixes the most serious problems.
Steps to Fix iPhone Update Screen Not Responding?
- Step 1 – Download iMyFone iOS System Recovery, install, and launch it on your computer.
- Step 2 – On the interface, click on Standard Mode to fix iOS 12 update screen not working without data loss.
- Step 3 – Connect your device to the computer and click the Start button to put your device into DFU mode so that the software can recognize your iPhone.
Note: if your iPhone cannot be recognized in DFU mode, try to put your device into Recovery mode.
- Step 4 – Download the latest firmware by clicking on the ‘Download’ button that will appear on the program.
- Step 5 – After downloading the firmware, iMyFone iOS System Recovery will start fixing the problem.
When this process completes, you should not experience the iPhone update screen not working issue again. Furthermore, you will still be able to access your data.
If the update screen on your iPhone does not work during installing iOS 12, you can solve this problem by restarting your device, doing a hard reset, or restoring with iTunes. However, if these methods fail, consider using iMyFone iOS System Recovery, which is a simple application that solves many iOS issues like when screen fails to work during updating to new iOS.