Most of us enjoy capturing photos or taking videos for good memories. It is easily that our iPhone/iPad will be fulled with photos. However, some of them may not be good enough but occupy much space. Here comes the need to delete photo library from your iPhone so you have more space for new photos.
However, some users need to permanently delete photo library from iPhone as there may be private info in photos. Manual deletion may not make it achieve. But you find find the way here.
Part 1 Traditional Methods to Delete iPhone Photo Library
When it comes to understanding the process of being able to delete photo library from iPhone systems, it can seem quite confusing. However, you typically have three main options to pick from.
1 Via Photo App
You can usually do so via the Photo App itself. This is very easy to do.
- You simply head into Photo app.
- Next, you need to tap the Albums tab. In there you can see all of your albums.
- Tap ‘All Photos’ and then hit ‘Select’ to begin making choices.
- Tap one or more of the photos which appear. You’ll see checkmarks on the photos that you select.
- Then, once selected, tap the Trash icon. Select ‘Delete X photos’ and allow the process to go through.
2 Through iTunes: Delete Photo Library according to Albums
Another option is to use iTunes. To learn how to delete photos from iPhone photo library via iTunes, you simply need to:
- Connect your iPhone to the PC via USB cable. Then, head into iTunes. Inside, select the device icon on the Devices list.
- Choose ‘Sync Photos’ and allow the process to carry out.
- Then, choose ‘Select Albums’ and pick the albums you wish to remove.
- Hit ‘Apply’ to delete.
Part 2 Best Method to Delete iPhone Photo Library
Manually deleting photo library from iPhone cannot permanently delete photos. It is still possible to retrieve. To permanent delete photos library, it requires the photos to be overwritten. You may not do so by yourself. But you can have some tools to help you. You can consider iMyFone iPhone Photo Eraser or iMyFone iPhone Photo Eraser for Mac which is the most effective iOS data eraser to permanently delete iPhone data.
Applied with advanced overwriting technologies, it can promise photos are completely gone. With iMyFone iPhone Photo Eraser;
- You can delete all your photo library from iPhone/iPad once instead of one by one.
- You can permanently delete photo library from iPhone/iPad, 100% unrecoverable.
- You can find out the previously deleted photos which are still under the risk of recvoery and completely make them gone. No trace of recovery will be left.
So how can we permanently delete photo library from iPhone/iPad?
1. Connect your device to computer using the USB cable launch iMyFone Umate Pro.
2. Choose 'Erase Private Data' tab and hit 'Scan' button.
3. When it finishes, you can preview and select photos to erase.
4. Click "Erase Now" button and type "delete" into the box to confirm and continue.
Wait for it to finish and your photos will be completely gone with no chance of recovery. If you need to erase previously deleted photos, you can go to "Erase Deleted Files". The steps are similar.
Magical Features of iMyFone iPhone Photo Eraser
However, this tool also offers various other features besides showing you how to delete photo library from iPhone and similar Apple products. It also provides you with easy access to brilliantly useful features.
- Photo Management
- You can thoroughly clean all invisible photo cache from iPhone/iPad once. Also, other junk files, like iTunes cache, corrupted files, crash logs and more will be cleaned as well.
- You can make photo backup on computer and losslessly compress your iPhone photo library to save 75% photo storage. No visible quality of photos will be damaged.
- Or you can export photo library to computer. You can also choose delete photos after export.
- Third-party Apps Eraser
- You can permanently delete WeChat and WhatsApp messages and attachments. It supports to find out data of multiple WeChat accounts.
- You can find out previously deleted WeChat data and completley delete them.
- You can permanently delete private fragments produced by third-party apps, like WhatsApp, WeChat, Snapchat, Viber, Kik, Line, etc.
- Media Management: Videos, movies, audio books, etc. can be backed up to computer and deleted from iPhone in bulk.
- iOS Data Eraser: You can selectively select private data or deleted files to permanently delete, like messages, call log, contacts, etc.