When it comes to getting rid of our iPhone or replacing them, it helps to clear off old files. You don’t want to be passing on your iPhone with photos from business projects, wild nights out, or worse!
As such, many of us choose to learn how to delete photo library from iPhone for good. Whether it’s to get rid of old photos no longer needed or to clear your iPhone for selling/passing it on, solutions do exist.
Make sure that you use this guide to help you delete photo library from iPhone for good.
Part 1 Traditional Methods to Delete iPhone Photo Library
When it comes to understanding the process of being able to delete photo library from iPhone systems, it can seem quite confusing. However, you typically have three main options to pick from.
1 Via Photo App
You can usually do so via the Photo App itself. This is very easy to do.
- You simply head into Photo app.
- Next, you need to tap the Albums tab. In there you can see all of your albums.
- Tap ‘All Photos’ and then hit ‘Select’ to begin making choices.
- Tap one or more of the photos which appear. You’ll see checkmarks on the photos that you select.
- Then, once selected, tap the Trash icon. Select ‘Delete X photos’ and allow the process to go through.
2 Through iTunes
Another option is to use iTunes. To learn how to delete photos from iPhone photo library via iTunes, you simply need to:
- Connect your iPhone to the PC via USB cable. Then, head into iTunes. Inside, select the device icon on the Devices list.
- Choose ‘Sync Photos’ and allow the process to carry out.
- Then, choose ‘Select Albums’ and pick the albums you wish to remove.
- Hit ‘Apply’ to delete.
Part 2 Advanced Method to Delete iPhone Photo Library
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is one of the most effective tools on the market for easy photo management – and permanent erasure, too. If you don’t wish to pass on your iPhone with any key photos still left, even just the footprint, then this is the perfect solution.
iMyFone Umate Pro is regarded as all-in-one solution for space saving and private protection. You can choose to compress, simply delete or permanently erase photos. Permanently erasure is especially necessary when you want to pass your iPhone.
To completely erase photos, it could not be any easier, genuinely. All that you need to do is shown below.
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable provided. Once there, you simply need to run iMyFone Umate Pro. If not, download it and then run the software accordingly.
2. Click 'Erase Private Data' tab and hit 'Scan' button. Double click Photo item and you can preview first.
3. Check unwanted photos and hit 'Erase Now' button. Type 'delete' into the box to confirm and hit 'Erase Now' to start the process.
Part 3 Magical Features of iMyFone Umate Pro
However, this tool also offers various other features besides showing you how to delete photo library from iPhone and similar Apple products. It also provides you with easy access to brilliantly useful features that will allow you to;
- 1-Click free up space for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. iDevice would be filled with much useless files such as cookies, history, caches, corrupted files, temporary files, etc. when time goes by. It is hard to get them off your iPhone since there is no option on the device for that. But iMyFone Umate Pro can perfectly get rid of them easily. Besides, photos, large files and apps can be mass managed at one click. Backup and preview will be applied first for mistakenly deletion.
- Erase deleted files which are simply deleted on your iPhone. Simply deleted files are still possible to be retrieved with the latest recovery tools. The erasure function here makes the simply deleted files really ‘deleted’, zero chance of recovery. No worry for privacy concern!
- Erase private data that was left behind, too. If you are getting rid of an iPhone, then removing all private data is vital – it’s easily done simply by using the features provided. Then, you can be sure that all passwords, PINs, messages, cal history, contact and the like are truly wiped.
- Erase all data and files with just one click. This allows you to run through your iPhone to either wipe it or to include new information and data. This makes it much easier for you to keep your iPhone free of clutter and private details. If you want to keep better care of your iPhone, then start off here – it’s the easiest way to reduce excessive data.