"How to factory reset phone with broken screen" should always be on your mind when disposing of an iPhone with a broken screen. Many people who neglected to factory reset their broken-screen iPhones later faced with the following data security concerns:
- Unauthorized breach, sharing, or transfer of public or private information.
- Impersonation, identity theft, and character assassination.
- Unauthorized use of personal information such as credit/debit card details, date of birth, social security number, names, etc.
All these aforementioned concerns are preventable, and the preventive measure to take shall be discussed in the following paragraphs.
Two Solutions to Factory Reset Phone with Broken Screen
"How to factory reset an iPhone with broken screen" cannot be fully discussed without giving sound tips/solutions to solving the problem. We've discussed two ways to discuss two ways to factory reset an iPhone with a broken screen in the following paragraphs.
Solution 1: How to Factory Reset Phone with Broken Screen Using iCloud
Factory resetting an iPhone through iCloud’s Find My iPhone feature has always been a good way to prevent data breach especially for missing or stolen iPhones. This service is also suitable for erasing iPhones with broken screens. However, before this could work, you’ll need to have enabled your Find My iPhone iCloud feature on the iPhone before the screen broke.
Hence, if your Find My iPhone is enabled, you can follow this steps to factory reset your iPhone:
Step 1Visit www.iCloud.com, and log in with your Apple ID.
Step 2Click Find My iPhone > All Devices.
Step 3Select the screen-broken iPhone, and select Erase iPhone. This would perform a factory reset on the device.
Solution 2: How to Factory Reset Phone with Broken Screen using iMyFone Umate Pro
iMyFone Umate Pro is easy to use iPhone erasing tool that supports the erasure of all forms of iOS data on all iOS device. It is better than simple factory resetting on your iPhone with 100% unrecoverable feature. With this program, you don't have to worry that your iPhone data will be recovered. It can wipe all your screen-broken iPhone data without any hitch. So you can use Umate Pro to reset your iPhone to factory setting without the need to enable Find My Phone feature on your iCloud.
Furthermore, it can erase traces of deleted files, private fragments, caches, cookies, business files, credit/debit card details, passwords, website history, app fragments, media files, private messages, and all other types of iOS data.
- You can permanently erase iOS data on iPhone via iMyFone Umate Pro. This feature is available to every model of iPhone and versions of iOS.
- With Umate Pro, all data erased are 100% unrecoverable, and can’t be recovered using any recovery tool.
- You can wipe private and personal data using Umate Pro "Erase Private Data" mode.
- Wipe third-party app data from your iOS device using Umate Pro. This feature would ensure that all third-party apps and their fragments are erased completely from your broken iPhone.
- Erase all types of iOS data at any security level, and you will have no fear of data breach or privacy compromise.
How to restore broken iPhone without iTunes Using iMyFone Umate Pro:
Step 1Download and install iMyFone Umate Pro on your PC/Mac. Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 2Choose "Erase All Data" mode, and click "Erase" button.
Step 3Choose a security level and click "Erase Now" tab.
Step 4Type "delete" in the box, and click "Erase Now" Tab again to confirm.
Once you’re done with this steps, all your iPhone data will be permanently erased and cannot be recovered. Please, ensure you follow the backup guide we shared in the below tips section in order not to lose your data.
Two Ways to Backup iOS Data Before Factory Resetting iPhone
Once you've made up your mind to factory reset your broken-screen iPhone, it’s pertinent to back up your recent files before erasing your phone storage memory. We've shared two ways to back up your iPhone: iTunes and iMyFone TunesMate.
#1. How to Back up iPhone with Broken Screen via iTunes
If you choose iTunes to be your backup method for a broken-screen iPhone, then you should follow these steps:
Step 1Launch iTunes on your PC/Mac, connect your iPhone to your PC/Mac and trust the computer on your iPhone. Learn how to trust a computer on iPhone with a broken screen.
Step 2Select your iPhone from the top bar on iTunes window.
Step 3Click "Back Up Now".
Step 4To check if iTunes backup is successfully completed click Summary. Look under Latest Backup to observe the date and time.
#2. How to Back up iPhone with Broken Screen via iMyFone TunesMate
A better method of backing up a screen-broken iPhone without iTunes is via iMyFone TunesMate. This computer-based software can help you to freely transfer your media files from a screen-broken iPhone to a Mac or Windows computer.
TunesMate offers the following key features in iOS data transfer:
- Two-way Data Backup: back up data either from iPhone to computer or from computer to iPhone.
- iTunes Library Restorable: restore previously damaged or corrupted iTunes library.
- Support all data type backup: back up all kinds of iOS data or media file such as music playlist, podcasts, audiobooks, photos, videos, etc.
Step-by-step guide on screen-broken iPhone backup with iMyFone TunesMate:
Step 1Download and install TunesMate on your computer, and connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 2Click "Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes" tab to scan your device.
Step 3Click "Start" tab to transfer your media files to computer.