Did you recently buy a new iPhone, but the old owner didn’t remove their account from it? Are you thinking of selling your iPhone, but aren’t sure how to delete your Apple ID from the phone? If you are not sure how to get rid of the Apple ID associated with the account and start with a new one, there’s no need to worry. You can actually do this fairly easily.
The Full Guide to Remove Apple ID from iPhone/iPad
- 1. How to Permanently Remove Apple ID from iPhone/iPad
- 2. How to Remove Apple ID from iPhone/iPad in Settings
- 3. Remove Apple ID When You Have Wrong Apple ID in App Store
- 4. Remove Apple ID When Wrong Apple ID in iCloud or Find My iPhone
- 5. How to Remove the Previous Owner's Apple ID from iPhone/iPad
1. How to Permanently Remove Apple ID from iPhone/iPad
- It has several options, but its “Erase All Data” function allows it to permanently remove all of the data on an iPhone, including the account data (the Apple ID).
It is much safer than a factory reset as well, since you will be removing all of the data on your device and it will be permanently unrecoverable. This is great if you’re planning on selling your iPhone, since so one can steal your identity.
Steps to Permanently Remove Data from iPhone/iPad
Step 1. Download and install Umate Pro. Plug your device into your PC or Mac and launch Umate Pro.
Step 2. Click where it says Erase All Data on the sidebar. Click where it says Erase in the main window.
Step 3. You can now choose your security level. Type “delete” in the textbox to confirm that you are permanently deleting all of the phone’s data, beyond any chance of recover. After than, click Erase Now and the software will take care of the rest.
Lots of famous media recommend iMyFone Umate Pro to reset iPhone, including MacWorld, iPhoneinCanada, APPKED, etc.
Some of Umate Pro’s import features include:
- You can permanently erase all data without a trace.
- You can erase private data without chance of recovery, such as browsing history, photos, videos, contacts, messages, call logs, etc.
- You can delete fragments of private data that built-in apps leave behind, as well as third-party apps.
- You can permanently remove files that you manually deleted previously, but that are still lurking in your iPhone’s storage.
- You can delete large and junk files in just a few simple clicks.
2. How to Remove Apple ID from iPhone/iPad in Settings
This is one of the easiest ways to remove your Apple ID. Just do the following:
Step 1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings.
Step 2. After that go to Settings again, then General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
After that, your Apple ID should no longer be associated with this iPhone or iPad.
3. Remove Apple ID When You Have Wrong Apple ID in App Store
Is the wrong Apple ID associated with the App Store? This can happen if someone borrowed you device to make a purchase. The fix is easy:
- Launch the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and tap where it says Featured.
- Scroll down until you see the Apple ID that the app is signed into. Tap on it and then tap Sign Out.
- Now just tap Sign In and you can log in with your own account.
4. Remove Apple ID When Wrong Apple ID in iCloud or Find My iPhone
This is a little harder because you will need the password to the account. If you know it, then do the following:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap where you see the name and picture associated with the account.
- Go down to the bottom until you see where you can sign out, and tap Sign Out. You might be asked to delete the account from your iPhone. If so, confirm that you want it deleted.
- Now you will have to input the password. Do so, and then you will be asked if you want to keep certain data on the phone. That is up to you.
- Tap Sign Out. After that you can tap Sign In and log in with a new ID if you want.
5. How to Remove the Previous Owner's Apple ID from iPhone/iPad
If you don’t know the password and you need to remove the Apple ID from a previous owner, you will have to reach out to the previous owner to remove the Apple ID remotely.
Here is what the previous owner should do to remove Apple ID:
Step 1: Sing into iCloud.com.
Step 2: Go to Find My iPhone.
Step 3: Tap All Devices and choose the device which is to be removed.
Step 4: Tap Remove from Account.
Then you can turn the device off and on to set up with your own Apple ID.
However, if you cannot reach out to the previous owner, try 4 Tips to Remove Apple ID from iPad without Password >>
Useful Video on Removing Your Apple ID
If you’re still confused, here is a video that outlines how to remove your Apple ID from your iPhone, with plenty of details: