Accidents happen every day. Your iPhone might get infected by virus, fall down and break, or you delete some important data by mistake. When such accidents happen, there is a chance that you may lose precious iPhone data documents, pictures, videos and contacts. Since you can’t stop accidents from happening, the only option available to you is to backup your sensitive data so that it can be recovered in case of an emergency. But most people don’t backup their data regularly and hence when these accidents do occur, they need a data recovery tool to help. This article provides you with the top 5 data recovery tools in the market.
Before we begin, let’s look at the elements that make a good data recovery tool. This will help you make the right choice when choosing a program. These elements include:
- A good data recovery tool will be easy to use, with simple user interfaces.
- It will give users the ability to recover a lot of different file types.
- It must have a good and functional preview feature for selective data recovery and make sure you are recovering the right data.
- The data analysis and scanning time should also be quick to ensure that you don’t spend too much time scanning the iPhone.
With the above criterion, you can easily choose a suitable data recovery tool from the ones listed below.
Top 5 iPhone Data Recovery Softwares You Need to Know
1 iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery (iOS 11 & iPhone 7 Supported)
iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery or iPhone data recovery for Mac is one of the top-quality data recovery softwares for iPhone which can recover various data no matter how you lost them. You can recover files through 4 data recovery modes (Recover from iOS Device, Recover from iTunes Backup, Recover from iCloud Bacup and Smart Recovery) with ease. There is also a preview function available which allows you to check the data that you want to recover.
- More than 22 file types can be recovered such as text messages, photos, contacts, history on WhatsApp/WeChat/Skype/Kik, notes, voice memos,etc.
- 4 data recovery modes are available: Smart recovery, recovery from iTunes & iCloud backup or without backup file.
- Allows users to preview the recoverable data before recovery.
- Supports to fix iOS system issues covering iPhone black screen of death, white screen of death, iPhone stuck in recovery mode and other problems.
- Supports the new iOS 11 and various iOS devices such as iPhone 7/6s Plus/6/5s/5c/5/4s/4 and more.
- Supports 22+ file types, even some relatively non-mainstream apps, such as Voice Memos and Kik messages.
- Smart Recovery mode is perfect for beginners who don’t know how to start recovery.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Trail version of this software has limited functions.
- Personal License for Win: $49.95
- Personal License for Mac: $49.95
How to Use iMyFone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery
iMyFone D-Back iPhone data recovery provides you 4 modes to get back your lost or deleted data on iPhone or iPad. If you haven't made any backup before deletion, choose "Recover from iOS Device" mode to recover lost data directly from device without backup. If you have a relevant iTunes or iCloud backup file, which may contain the missing data, then choose "Recover from iTunes Backup" or "Recover from iCloud backup" to extract the missing data from backup file without restoring the iPhone. Or you can simply choose "Smart Recovery", this program will smartly scan your iOS device, iTunes backup or iCloud backup according to your selection about how you lost the data.
Step 1. Choose Recovery Mode
Download iMyFone D-Back onto your computer. Then launch the software and choose a suitable recovery mode on the left panel.
Step 2: Select the Lost File Type
After that click on “Start” and check the file types you want to retrieve. You may need to connect your iPhone to computer , if you choose recovery directly from iOS device mode.
Step 3. Preview and Recover Lost Data
When the scanning is complete, the files that were restored will then be displayed on the program window. Click on the file tab and see what has been restored. After that you can mark on each data you want to save on your computer and click on “Recover” button.
2 Wondershare Dr. Fone for iOS
This tool is one of the best in the market. It can recover all of your precious data from iTunes backup, iCloud backup and also from iOS devices. It supports all the new and old iOS devices so no matter which iOS device you are using, just connect your iPhone with your computer and start retrieving your data.
- Supports nearly all iOS devices.
- Recovers your messages, contacts, videos, images, call logs and apps’ data.
- Easy–to-use interface.
- Simple to use.
- Compatible with all iOS devices.
- You cannot preview all of your files before recovering them back and the cost of the program is a little expensive.
- Personal License for Win: $69.95
- Personal License for Mac: $79.95
3 iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery for Mac
This iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery for Mac is a high-grade data recovery tool and it is hard to beat its features. It provides in-depth scanning to help you in finding your different deleted files which you want to recover.
- Easy to use.
- Easy to recover iPhone files from iTunes and iCloud backup.
- Simple user interface.
- Variety of file types can be recovered.
- Takes time to scan devices.
- Personal License for Win: $69.95
- Personal License for Mac: $79.95
4 iMobie PhoneRescue
This PhoneRescue is another best iPhone data recovery software through which you can recover your lost videos, photos, messages, call logs and much more. The software supports both Mac and Windows computers.
- Supports more than 20 file types.
- 3 data recovery modes are available.
- User-friendly interface.
- If your lost data is overwritten then you cannot recover it back.
- Personal License for Win: $49.99
- Personal License for Mac: $49.99
5 WinAVI iPhone Data Recovery
This iPhone data recovery tool only allows its users to recover photos and contacts.
- Supports all Windows OS.
- Simple and user-friendly interface.
- Fast and secure data recovery.
- Only supports old iPhone versions.
- Personal License for Win: $59.95
- Personal License for Mac: $59.95
6 To make it clearer, here is a Comparison Table of all the 5 tools:
Supported File Type
|iMyFone D-Back (compatible with iOS 10.3)||Up to 22 file types including text messages, photos, contacts, messages on WhatsApp/WeChat/Skype/Kik, notes, voice memos, etc.||$49.95||4 different Recovery Modes|
|Wondershare Dr. Fone for iOs||Up to 19 different file types including messages, contacts, videos, images, call logs and apps’ data||$69.95||3 different Recovery Modes|
|iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery||Up to 19 different file types||$69.95||3 Recovery Modes|
|iMobie PhoneRescue||Up to 20 different file types||$49.99||3 Recovery Modes|
|WinAVI iPhone Data Recovery||Only photos and contacts||$59.95||1 Recovery Mode|