The iPad white screen is a common occurrence that can be caused by all kinds of different things including hardware failure, damage to the device and modifications to the operating system including jailbreaking. When the device is exhibiting this problem, it can be quite difficult to fix it, especially when you don’t know what to do.
The following remedies can help you overcome this problem and get your iPad in good working order.
- Tip 1. Hard Reset iPad to Fix iPad White Screen
- Tip 2. Pressing Three Buttons to Fix White Screen iPad
- Tip 3. Using a Third-party Tool to Fix iPad without Data Loss
- Tip 4. Restoring iPad using iTunes for iPad White Screen of Death Fix
- Tip 5. Putting iPad into DFU Mode to Fix iPad White Screen Problem
1 Hard Reset iPad to Fix iPad White Screen
Press the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button together for at least ten seconds or until you see the Apple Logo appear. Your iPad restarts and functions normally again.
2 Press Three Buttons to Fix iPad White Screen
Press home button, up-volume button, and power button all together. Hold them for a few seconds or until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. When the logo appears, your iPad will reboot automatically and functions normally.
3 Using a 3rd-Party Tool to Fix iPad White Screen without Data Loss
If all else fails, you should consider using a 3rd party tool such as iMyFone D-Back to help you fix your iPad without having to restore it. The iMyFone D-Back iOS System Recovery Win or iMyFone D-Back iOS System Recovery Mac feature can be used to fix all iOS issues including the White screen, the black screen, a device stuck on the Apple Logo or a device stuck on recover mode without the risk of data loss.
The following are the primary features that make it unique and outstanding in data recovery category.
iOS System Recovery Software
- You can even fix iOS operating system problem, such as iPad stuck at Apple logo, loops in recovery mode, stuck on Apple logo without any data loss.
- It supports also the recovery of over 22+ file formats, such as photos, text messages, contacts, etc. making it easy for you to recover lost/deleted data from your iPad.
- It uses for different recovery technologies to find data and recover quickly.
- You can even preview the files that are recoverable from your iPad.
Steps to Fix iPad White Screen of Death with iMyFone D-Back
Step 1: Start iMyFone D-Back application. From the main interface, choose “Fix iOS System” option. Connect your iPad. Once the program detects the device, press the “Start” button.
Step 2: The program will detect your device and present you with the latest firmware for the device. Simply click on “Download” and wait for the program to download the firmware.
Step 3: iMyFone D-Back will begin repairing your iPad after the download is complete.
Step 4: soon after, the iPad will restart in normal mode with all your data intact.
4 Restore iPad using iTunes for iPad White Screen of Death Fix
- Plug your iPad into the computer and start iTunes.
- Hold the sleep/wake button and home button for approximately ten seconds.
- Free the sleep switch, but continue to hold the home button until a display appears, which reads, "iTunes discovered an iPad in recovery mode, you must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes."
- Click the “Summary” under the device icon from iTunes interface. Under the Backups section in the right screen, press the "Restore Backup" button.
- Choose the most recent backup file and begin restoring your iPad.
5 Put iPad into DFU Mode to Fix iPad White Screen Problem
DFU or Device Firmware Update Mode is another solution you can try to fix this issue. Follow these simple steps to do it.
- Plug iPad to your computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Switch off the iPad by holding the power switch.
- Press the home button and the power button for ten seconds. If you see the Apple logo, then you need to restart the process again.
- While holding the home button, let go the power button. If you see “Plug into iTunes” message, you need to restart the process again.
- If the iPad screen is black, then the device entered successfully into the DFU mode.
- iTunes will display a message stating that it detected iPad and will allow it to restore.
And we will appreciate it very much if you could leave a comment about the methods.