Are you suffering from the iPad white screen of death? If yes, then you would unquestionably want to know how to overcome the situation.
It is quite common for iPad to hang with the white screen due to the failure of a hardware component, repeated droppings, and modifications to the operating system. You can now solve the iPad white screen issue with the help of the remedies explained below.
- Tip 1. Hard Reset iPad to Fix iPad Screen White
- Tip 2. Pressing Three Buttons to Fix White Screen iPad
- Tip 3. Using a Third-party Tool to Fix iPad without Data Loss
- Tip 4. Restoring iPad using iTunes for iPad White Screen of Death Fix
- Tip 5. Putting iPad into DFU Mode to Fix iPad White Screen Problem
1 Hard Reset iPad to Fix iPad White Screen
Press the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button together for at least ten seconds or until you see the Apple Logo appear. Your iPad restarts and functions normally again.
2 Pressing Three Buttons to Fix iPad White Screen
Press home button, up-volume button, and power button all together. Hold them for a few seconds or until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. When the logo appears, your iPad will reboot automatically and functions normally.
3 Using a 3rd-party Tool to Fix iPad White Screen without Data Loss
If nothing else is working out, you can rely on a third-party tool such as iMyfone D-Back(Mac version or Windows version ) to fix your iPad system without restoring. The software application is efficient in fixing the iPad white screen.
The following are the primary features that make it unique and outstanding in data recovery category.
- You can even fix iOS operating system problem, such as white screen, loops in recovery mode, stuck on Apple logo without any data loss.
- It supports also the recovery of over 22+ file formats, such as photos, text messages, contacts, etc. making it easy for you to recover lost/deleted data from your iPad.
- It uses for different recovery technologies to find data and recover quickly.
- You can even preview the files that are recoverable from your iPad.
Steps to Fix iPad White Screen of Death with iMyfone D-Back
1, Start iMyfone D-Back application. From the main interface, choose “Fix iOS System” option. Connect your iPad. Once the program detects the device, press the “Start” button.
2, You have to download the new firmware to fix your iPad. The best thing about the program is that it will detect the device automatically and allows you to download the latest version suitable for it. All you have to do is press the “Download” button. Wait until the program finishes firmware downloading.
3, iMyfone D-Back will begin repairing your iPad after the download is complete.
4, Once the method is complete, your iPad will restart and achieves the state of normalcy.
- Your iPad updates to the latest iOS device.
- If you were using a jailbroken iOS, the process would restore it back to the default mode.
- If you are using unlocked iPad, you will continue to be in the same state even after fixing the iOS.
4 Restore iPad using iTunes for iPad White Screen of Death Fix
- Plug your iPad into the computer and start iTunes.
- Hold the sleep/wake button and home button for approximately ten seconds.
- Free the sleep switch, but continue to hold the home button until a display appears, which reads, "iTunes discovered an iPad in recovery mode, you must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes."
- Click the “Summary” under the device icon from iTunes interface. Under the Backups section in the right screen, press the "Restore Backup" button.
- Choose the most recent backup file and begin restoring your iPad.
5 Put iPad into DFU Mode to Fix iPad White Screen Problem
DFU or Device Firmware Update mode is another resort that you can choose to fix iPad white screen issue.
- Plug iPad to your computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Switch off the iPad by holding the power switch.
- Press the home button and the power button for ten seconds. If you see the Apple logo, then you need to restart the process again.
- While holding the home button, let go the power button. If you see “Plug into iTunes” message, you need to restart the process again.
- If the iPad screen is black, then the device entered successfully into the DFU mode.
- iTunes will display a message stating that it detected iPad and will allow it to restore.
And we will appreciate it very much if you could leave a comment about the methods.