Love travelling? Exploring new places is always a fun. But how would you manage to roam around the place without GPS in this modern era? From travelling and exploring new places to going from one place to other, GPS is on of the most helpful features which all of us have in our iPhones. As long as this feature works and you are able to read it, nobody can ever get lost at any place, no matter you’ve have been to that place in past or not.
But what if your iPhone GPS is not working? Ever encountered a situation like that? Yes? Well then, you are at the right place to fix this problem. We’ll be discussing why your iPhone GPS is not working and what measures needed to be taken if your iPhone GPS is not working! Alright, so let’s get started.
1 Check If You Have Good Signal
It plays a major role in determining your exact location. If you are in a place or building where radio signals are weak or cannot reach, you may eventually face problems like your iPhone GPS not working or poor call connectivity.
2 Check Location Services
Sometimes the problems could be way smaller than it seems to be! If your GPS stops working properly, you can simply just turn off your location services and reactivate it after sometime. This would clear the bugs that may have been interrupting your GPS connection.
3 Check Update of GPS Running App
Check if your GPS application is up to date or not. Having an obsolete GPS application may not appropriately show up your location.
4 Check Network Settings
If in case you are still not able to get an accurate GPS service, then most probable problem of your iPhone could be because of your device’s network and location settings. These problems are quite technical and are not easy to be explained but they not just hamper your GPS connections but also your iPhone’s cellular data network connections too.
Resetting your network data would be the best possible solution for these problems. You need to get into the ‘Settings’, then ‘General’ and tap on ‘Reset’, you’ll come up with a list of reset options, tap on Reset Network Settings and then on Reset Location & Privacy tabs. Each time you tap on reset options you need to enter your passcode in order to authorize the action. Once done, you will have to connect all your Wi-Fi connections manually again.
5 Try to Restart and Soft Reset
Sometimes there may be some software issue with your iPhone, so we can try to restart. But if it doesn't work, try soft reset.
Follow the steps below to perform soft reset. There’s no issue of wiping out of your data while performing it.
- Press and hold the “Sleep/Wake” button and “Home” button simultaneously.
- Keep pressing them for 10 seconds.
- After you see the appearing Apple logo, you can release both buttons.
- The starting up process of iPhone will begin and you will see the home screen soon.
6 Fixing iPhone GPS Malfunction without Data Loss
If your iPhone GPS is not working properly, perhaps, it could be a system issue of your iPhone. You surely can restore your iPhone through iTunes but that may eventually lead to your data loss. That’s really disappointing, right? Don’t worry, things have changed, you can now repair your GPS problems without performing any restoring steps and that too without losing any existing data. You just need the help of iMyFone D-Back or iMyFone D-Back for Mac iOS system recovery software.
Features of iMyFone D-Back
iMyFone D-Back is fully loaded with numerous features. We will get to know about fixing up an iOS system with iMyFone D-Back in this article. It is excellent and user-friendly software to fix iOS system issues. Before proceeding, let me tell you, iMyFone D-Back not just fixes iOS system but also comes with another functionality of Data Recovery too.
- When you get issues like black or white screen or looped recovery mode, don’t give a second thought on iMyFone D-Back. Also, this software is intended not to harm or influence any of your existing data.
- It comfortably supports to recover multiple file formats like messages, photos, contacts, notes, and so on from iOS device.
- It is 100% secure and assures complete safety of your personal information. So, there is no need to be concerned about information disclosure.
- This software is compatible with all iOS devices and iOS versions including the latest 10.3.
Steps on How to Fix iPhone GPS Not Working via iMyFone D-Back
1. The first step is to launch iMyFone D-Back. From the coming window, select the “Fix iOS System” feature.
2. Allow connection between your iOS device and computer vis USB cable.Once the computer detects the iPhoe, hit “Start”.
3. After that, you need to download new firmware. Just click “Download” and your iOS device will be sensed automatically. The proper iOS version will be downloaded.
4. Wait until the firmware is downloading. iMyFone D-Back will initiate the repairing process as soon as the firmware is downloaded.
5. Congratulations! Your iOS device is back to normal and GPS should now work properly.
To winding it up, we can say that iMyFone D-Back or iMyFone D-Back for Mac is one of the finest software that carries out functions properly. Without losing your data, you are able to fix iOS system. Moreover, no expertise is need as it is extremely easy to use.