"Hi can anyone assist me? Yesterday, I updated my iPhone to iOS 11 and when I was sharing Wi-Fi password with my friend it didn’t work. Why my iPhone not Sharing Wi-Fi Passwords in iOS 11? Are there any suggestions?"
Apple has made Wi-Fi sharing easier with "Share Your Wi-Fi" feature with iOS 11 release. However, sometimes people get upset when iPhone won’t share Wi-Fi passwords at all when they are trying to use this feature. How you can fix this problem? That is the purpose for this article. We will explain you a few tips to solve the problem of Wi-Fi password not sharing in iOS 11/11.3. Let’s get started.
1 How to Share WiFi Passwords in iOS 11 or 11.3
If your iPhone is not sharing WiFi passwords in iOS 11 or iOS 11.3, before moving onto the solutions, we should first check the step guide on how to share WiFi passwords in iOS 11 and see if you are performing it the right way or not. Let's assume that you are using the iPhone 1 that has not connected to the WiFi and there is an iPhone 2 which has already connected to the WiFi you are trying to connect.
Step 1 – Get into the "Settings" of iPhone 1 and hit on "Wi-Fi".
Note: Make sure both the devices are unlocked and have their Wi-Fi and Bluetooth both turned on.
Step 2 – Turn on the switch adjacent to Wi-Fi if not and then choose the preferred Wi-Fi network.
Step 3 – Now, hold the iPhone 1 close to the iPhone 2. Soon you’ll receive an alert on the iPhone 2 that says, "[X] would like to join your Wi-Fi network. Do you want to send the Wi-Fi password for [Network Name]". Hit on "Send Password", and you can enter and send the password to iPhone 1.
Double check if you’ve tried to share passwords like this. If not, or if you may have missed anything, your iPhone won’t share WiFi passwords in iOS 11.
2 Five Tips to Fix iPhone Not Sharing WiFi Passwords in iOS 11/11.3
Tip 1. Hard Reset iPhone and Try Again
Various software glitches which can, possibly, lead to the problems like iPhone not sharing WiFi passwords in iOS 11/11.3. Hard rebooting your iPhone is a quick and easy solution for clearing out such software glitches.
- Hold both the Sleep/Wake button and Volume Down at the same time for no less than 10 seconds or until you see an Apple logo appearing on the screen. Let go the buttons and let the device to reboot. This method is for iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus and iPhone X, for older versions try the one listed below.
- Hold down both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time until you see an Apple logo appearing on the screen. Let go the buttons and let the device to reboot.
Tip 2. Make Sure Both Devices Are Running iOS 11/11.3
If your iPhone won’t share WiFi passwords in iOS 11 or 11.3, double check that both the devices are operating on iOS 11/11.3. WiFi Password Sharing feature works only between the iDevices operating on iOS 11/11.3 and Macs running on macOS High Sierra.
- Open "Settings", tap on "General" and lastly hit "Software Update".
If your device is already running on latest iOS 11/11.3, you’ll be notified with "Your software is up to date" but if not, tap on "Download and Install" to get your device updated to the latest iOS version.
Tip 3. Make Sure Both iDevices Are Close to Each Other
Make sure both iOS devices are in range of wirelessly sharing the WiFi Passwords. Holding them too far will certainly result in poor connection between the devices and make it hard for the iPhones to detect each other.
Tip 4. Reset Network Settings
This step should be last resort if you’re still experiencing the WiFi Passwords sharing not working in iOS 11 problem because performing a Reset Network Settings step will result in clearing all the WiFi, VPN and Bluetooth data stored on your iPhone.
- Launch "Settings", tap on "General", then click on "Reset" and finally, "Reset Network Settings".
You’ll be asked to confirm your actions, punch in the passcode (if any) and proceed with the positive options.
Tip 5. Fix iPhone Not Sharing Wi-Fi Passwords in iOS 11/11.3 without Data Loss
When the above solutions didn’t give results, there is a possibility that the issue is with iOS. And to remove this glitch, we recommend you to use iMyFone D-Back which is specialized in repairing iOS related problems and is also a superb data recovery tool supporting multiple data types. The users get helped with this tool by many ways, one of which is recovering data from iOS devices, or iCloud/iTunes backup. Moreover, it includes a marvelous feature named as "Fix iOS System" which helps the suers in fixing numerous iOS problems without affecting and losing any data.
- The tool is able to fix a large number of iOS issues like being stuck in recovery mode, reboot loops or unresponsive device screen.
- The "Fix iOS System" feature consists of three different options for different problems which are "Standard Mode", "Exit Recovery Mode" and "Advanced Mode". No data will be lost or affected when you are using the "Standard Mode".
- There are 4 recovery modes available with iMyFone D-Back which is able to recover more than 22 types of data in various scenarios. The data types supported with iMyFone D-Back tool are messages, contacts, WeChat data, Line data, WhatsApp data, and so on.
- It works with all the iOS versions and iOS devices (iPhone 8 and iPhone X supported).
How to Use iMyFone D-Back to Fix iPhone Won’t Share Wi-Fi Passwords in iOS 11
Step 1 – Run the Program
Start with downloading iMyFone D-Back. Afterwards, install and launch it. Click on "Fix iOS System" and plug your iOS device with the PC.
Step 2 – Select the Mode
Now, go for selecting the "Standard Mode" and you will observe some steps to put your device to DFU mode. Follow them and proceed to the next step.
Step 3 –Get the Compatible Firmware
This step needs one click which is the "Download" button to download the appropriate firmware for your iOS device. Your device has been already recognized by iMyFone D-Back and it will start downloading of recent iOS version for your device.
Step 4 – Start Fixing
The final move is clicking on "Start to Fix" option. With this, your firmware will be verified by the program and the WiFi password not sharing problem will start getting fixed. Just wait and start your device after the completion of process.
All the users update a device with an enthusiasm of getting something innovative or new features. And it is natural to get disheartened when any of the features fails to work after an update. But, we are always here to help you out. Those were some of the solutions you can try when iPhone is not sharing Wi-Fi passwords in iOS 11/11.3. Hope you are out of the trouble now.