Have you met the problem above? We had received some feedback that the iPhone screen flashed randomly. In this post, we will show you why it happened and the solutions to fix it! Read on.
- Part 1. Why Is My iPhone Screen Flickering?
- Part 2. Methods to Fix iPhone Screen Flickering
Why Is My iPhone Screen Flickering?
There are many reasons that may cause an iPhone screen jumping around.
- iPhone is having memory problems. For example, it is running low on memory or having insufficient storage, your device may have problems of performance like iPhone screen flickering on and off, unresponsive displays, sluggish performance, etc.
- Hardware-related problems. If your device was dropped or got water damaged, you might not notice any problems immediately but that does not mean the incident did not harm your device.
- Something wrong with your iPhone software. For example, software update failed or stuck.
Part 2. Methods to Fix iPhone Screen Flickering
01 Turn Brightness Down to Stop iPhone Screen Shaking
Turning down the brightness of your iPhone is an easy way of fixing iPhone screen flickering. Follow these steps:
- Go to your iPhone Settings > Display & Brightness. Then turn down the brightness of your iPhone and disable Auto Brightness.
- Let it stay in that state for about 10 minutes to set its brightness back to its original. It will make your iPhone screen stop flashing.
02 Check Memory Status When iPhone Screen Flashing
When the internal storage of your iPhone is insufficient to carry out additional processes, the phone may start misbehaving. Once you realize your phone's memory is almost full, you should delete the useless files or details stored in your phone.
03 Enable Reduce Transparency If iPhone Screen Blinking
It is a temporary solution to iPhone screen flickering. This is a method for sorting out the problem of an unresponsive touchscreen and the random flickering of your iPhone's display. Follow the next steps.
- Go to your device Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast.
- Go to Reduce transparency and turn it on.
04 Solve iPhone Screen Flickering and Unresponsive With Few Clicks
iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery is a repair tool for all iOS devices (including the latest iPhone 14), it can help to fix various iOS issues on your iPhone or iPad returning to its original functioning state.
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone Fixppo on your computer then launch it.
Step 2: Using a lightning cable connect your iPhone to your PC then tap on the Standard mode tab to start the process.
Step 3: When in Standard mode the app will request you to put your device in DFU/Recovery mode. Click on Recovery mode and follow the onscreen steps.
Step 4: Once in recovery mode, the program will detect your iPhone and will require you to confirm your device details then click Download to download the firmware. If you want to download another firmware, download it elsewhere then click Select it to install it on your iPhone.
Step 5: Once downloaded click Start to fix for the program to automatically repair your iPhone and solve iPhone screen flickering after update issue.
05 Force Restart iPhone with Screen Shaking When Holding
Most of the issues you experience with your iPhone can be fixed by simply rebooting your iPhone.
For iPhone 6s to iPhone SE users, by holding down the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo appear.
For iPhone 14/13/12/11/XR users, press and release the volume up button, then press and release the volume down button, finally press and hold the side button. Release it when the Apple logo appears.
NoteYou should also make sure your phone battery is charged well and that it is not faulty as this could lead to iPhone screen flickering on and off.
06 Put iPhone with Flickering Screen into DFU Mode
The DFU mode means Device Firmware Update Mode. It is a complex method that allows you to make changes to the operating system of your device. These are the steps of putting your iPhone 8 into DFU mode.
Step 1: Using a data cable connect your iPhone to computer then launch iTunes and turn off your device.
Step 2: Press the Power tab for a few seconds but don't release it then hold the Volume down button.
Step 3: Continue holding down the Power and Volume down tabs for 10 seconds then release the Power tab but keep holding the Volume down tab for 5 seconds.
Step 4: If your iPhone screen remains black and does not show recovery mode, you have been successful in putting your iPhone in DFU Mode.
07 Fix iPhone Screen Flashing due to Hardware Issues
If you have tried all the methods and the screen problem persists then the iPhone hardware could be the problem. If your iPhone's warranty is expired, you can follow these methods that can rectify your problem.
- Make sure your iPhone screen is clean as dust and dirt that accumulates on the screen can make the device's touchscreen unresponsive and have display issues.
- Replace a defective LCD screen as it can cause your device to freeze, have an unresponsive screen or flicker when being used. You can either replace it by yourself or ask a professional to do it for you.
That's all methods you can try to fix iPhone screen flickering. If you want to save your time, go and get iMyFone Fixppo, with this tool, you can solve this problem at ease!