Sometimes, iPhone do not work the way they are supposed to. One of the common problems which a lot of people may be facing these days have to be the iPhone stuck on press home to upgrade. If you also seem to have faced this trouble, you need to know how to deal with the mess.
We will be outlining the key solutions that can possibly help you fix the error. Of course, iTunes backup and software update looks like the possible fixes. So, let us see the details.
Tip 1: Common Way to Fix 'Press home to upgrade' Issue
Let us see the steps which you should follow to solve this problem.
- Restart your device and see if it works.
- Try pressing the home button on your iPhone and then click on ‘try again’ on iTunes.
- Further, you can choose to force restart the device too. Here, we will later deal with this aspect.
Tip 2: Restore iPhone with iTunes Backup
With the restoration of iTunes backup, you can fix this problem. Let us see the steps to do so.
- Connect your device to the computer which has iTunes installed in it.
- Now, open iTunes and then select your device from the list.
- If iTunes fails to recognize your device, you should force restart your device by pressing and holding the sleep/wake along with the home button until you see the Apple logo.
- Now, click on ‘Restore backup’ and then select the backup file which you want to restore
- The backup will be restored and previous content present on the phone will be overwritten.
Tip 3. Fix iPhone Stuck on Upgrade Issue with Recovery Mode
One of the key methods which you can use when your iPhone is stuck in the recovery mode is by opting for software which is called the iMyFone D-Back iOS system recovery. This is excellent software which comes with a string of amazing features and they are as follows.
- Fixes different kinds of iOS issues without incurring any kind of data loss.
- It comes with 3 fix modes which have highly improved the success rate.
- It supports to recover as many as 18 different types of data, like contacts, WhatsApp data, Messages, Kik, Viber, photos, notes, voice memos, etc.
- You can feel relieved to use it as it is also recommended by authorities, such as Cult of Mac, Make use of, etc.
Now that you know how useful the software is, let us see the steps to be followed to fix the problem of phone stuck on press home to upgrade.
Make sure you have iMyFone D-Back iOS system recovery installed on your device and connect your Apple device to the same system.
Step 1. Open up this program, choose the standard mode on the program window and then the program will prompt you to enter the DFU or the recovery mode.
Step 2. In order to put the device to the DFU mode, you need to press and hold the sleep/wake button along with the home button simultaneously. Do so for 8 to 10 seconds and then hold the home button for 5 seconds.
If the device fails to enter the DFU mode, you can push it to the recovery mode. You can do so by pressing and holding the sleep/wake and the home button together. Do not release these buttons even when you see the Apple logo. Hold the buttons until ‘connect to iTunes’ is displayed on the screen.
Step 3. Now, the software will download the latest firmware for the device. All you need to do is click on ‘Download’.
Step 4. When the download process has finished, you should click on ‘start to fix’ and the software will fix the errors.
These are the steps to be followed and executing it should help you fix the issue of iPhone stuck on press home to upgrade issue. The best advantage of this software is that it doesn’t leads to any kind of data loss at all.