Recently many people found they are not getting WhatsApp messages until they open the app on iPhone (iPhone 13, 12 and iPhone 11 also have such issue). Considering this problem is a known one among many users and people getting displeased, we believed that we should post this article. Here we are going to share some tips for our users to solve WhatsApp notification not working in iOS 15/14/13 or other iOS versions such as iOS 12, iOS 10, iOS 9, iOS 8 and so on.
Why is my WhatsApp notification not working?
Your WhatsApp notification may not work due to these reasons:
- Network Connection Failure: Sometimes the unstable network connection, incorrectly configured APN and route can cause the problem.
- Restricted Background Data: Maybe the background data is restricted accidentally, which may prevent the notification for all apps.
- Wrong App Preferences: Chances are that the app preferences for WhatsApp go wrong unexpectedly.
Now we know the reasons for the WhatsApp not working issue. Without wasting much time, we will start to explain the fixes. Just scroll down.
7 Tips to Fix WhatsApp Notification Not Woking in iOS 15/14/13/12
1. Check WhatsApp Notification
When you update to iOS 13 or even iOS 15/14, chances are that the settings of your iOS device go through some alterations which can be a reason for WhatsApp notifications not working on iPhone. As a result, it is likely to happen that your notifications are not allowed on your iPhone now. Therefore, the first thing you need to do is checking if you have enabled the notification and set an Alert style or not. Follow the steps below for this.
- Tap on "Settings" and go to "Notifications".
- Tap on "WhatsApp" and enable "Allow Notifications" if it is disabled.
- Now, another thing is to enable the "Sound" option.
- Last, enable all the "Alerts" options.
2. Force Restart Your iPhone
If the WhatsApp notification is still not working, the best thing you can try to fix WhatsApp notifications on iPhone in iOS 15/14 is to force restart your device. For this, just press and keep hold the "Sleep/Wake" and "Home" (Volume Down button for iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus) buttons for 10 seconds simultaneously. When you find Apple logo coming, release the buttons and the device will restart. This will probably fix the problem.
For iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone 11, and iPhone 12, you need quick press "Volume Down" and then "Volume Up", then keep pressing side button until you see the Apple logo. If this fix goes futile then jump to the next method.
3. Remove the WhatsApp App and Reinstall It
Removing the WhatsApp app from your device and reinstalling it is another tip you can try when WhatsApp notification is not working on iPhone in iOS 13 or iOS 15/14. But before doing this, it is recommended to backup your WhatsApp messages since removing the app will result in the loss of all your messages.
To make an individual backup of your WhatsApp messages, you can use iCloud or use iMyFone iTransor (iOS 15/14 supported) which is a free iPhone backup tool that allows you to back up an individual app on your iPhone instead of whole the data (iPhone X/11/12 supported). In other words, there is no need to back up the whole device like using iTunes; you will be able to backup only WhatsApp messages with it. This tool will not affect any other data on iPhone and won't overwrite any data when you restore the backup to your iPhone. Therefore, it would be the best option to backup WhatsApp messages separately if your iCloud storage is not enough.
4. Check Network Connection
This can also help you when WhatsApp notification is not showing up in iOS 15/14. Just reset your network settings and check if the WhatsApp notification works or not. Go along the steps below.
- Open "Settings" and tap on "General".
- Go to "Reset" and tap on "Reset Network Settings".
- Enter your passcode and then tap on "Reset Network Settings" again to confirm.
Please remember that this method will remove all your network settings like Wi-Fi passwords, so make sure to write the password down or you will get into another trouble after performing this method.
5. Reset All Settings
Sadly if WhatsApp notification problem in iOS 15/14 or iOS 13 continues, resetting settings can give assistance. This can be done by:
- Going to "Settings" and hit "General".
- Go to "Reset" and hit "Reset All Settings".
- Type in the passcode and tap on "Reset All Settings" once again in order to verify the process.
- Finally you can test if WhatsApp notification works or not now.
6. Fix WhatsApp Notification Not Working in iOS 15/14/13/12 without Data Loss
If all of the above tips didn't work and the WhatsApp notification is still not working , there may be some software glitches that has been caused during iOS firmware installation. During this process, the settings and even the data on your device can be modified. Therefore it is not strange that WhatsApp notification is no longer working after the iOS update. In order to save the data on your iPhone, you need to fix the iOS glitch without affecting the data on your device. In this case, iMyFone Fixppo is the best tool that will perfectly do this job for you. It is one of the best iOS repair tool that can help in repairing almost all kinds of iOS issues.
iMyFone Fixppo (iOS 15/14 and iPhone 12 Supported)
- Fixes all common iOS issues like iPhone white/black screen, Wi-Fi greyed out, iPhone restore errors, iPhone update errors and many more.
- You will not lose any data when you are using "Standard Mode".
- There is one feature that can fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode with one click.
- Supports all iOS devices including iPhone X, iPhone 11 and iPhone 12.
How to Use iMyFone Fixppo to Fix WhatsApp Notification Problem
Step 1 – Get the iMyFone Fixppo software from its official website and install it on your PC. Launch the application and connect your iPhone with your PC. Now, on the iMyFone Fixppo window, you'll have to choose "Standard Mode" from the 3 available options.
Step 2 – Follow carefully the on screen instructions to boot your iPhone into the DFU mode or recovery mode.
Step 3 – Next, move is to download the latest iOS firmware package of your iPhone. The program will automatically detect the model of your iDevice, you just need to hit on "Download" button once you verify the model information is correct.
Step 4 – Upon package download completion, hit on "Start to Fix" button to initiate the fixing process and boot your device normally after the fixing process completes to check if the WhatsApp Notification problem has vanished or not.
7. Restore with iTunes (Erasing iPhone)
Last alternative that leaves to fix WhatsApp notification not working in iOS 15/14 is restoring your device via iTunes. The thing to keep in mind before proceeding to this method is to back up the data of your device. This is because, after restoring with iTunes, your device will reach to the factory state again with the default settings, and all data on your iPhone will be erased. Therefore, backup the device first and follow the steps below to restore. You can refer to the Part 3 to backup your iPhone.
- Open iTunes in your computer and connect iPhone/iPad/iPod to the PC.
- Look for your device at the upper left corner. Click on it and then go to "Summary" tab.
- There will be an option of "Restore iPhone". Click on it and confirm this option. Then your iPhone will be restored and all data on your device will be erased.
Coming towards the end of this article, we hope that you may finally have got a solution to fix WhatsApp notification not working in iOS 13 or the latest one iOS 15/14. We hope that you can get WhatsApp notifications normally now and don't have to open the app to check if you have received WhatsApp messages or not.