"Hi, since I've installed iOS 11.3 on my iPhone 7, I found no notifications for WhatsApp messages. I get to see the messages only when I open the app. Why there is no notification appearing in my phone? Please help!"
We are glad that you shared this WhatsApp notification problem with us. Considering this problem as a known one among many users and people getting displeased, we believed that we should post this article. Here we are going to share some tips for our users to solve WhatsApp notification not working in iOS 11 or even the latest software, iOS 11.3. Without wasting much time, we will start to explain the fixes. Just scroll down.
7 Tips to Fix WhatsApp Notification Not Woking in iOS 11/11.1/11.2/11.3
1. Check WhatsApp Notification
When you update to iOS, chances are that the settings from your iOS device go through some alterations which can be a reason for WhatsApp notification not working in iOS 11 or other version like iOS 11.3. As a result, it is likely to happen that your notifications are not allowed in the device. So, the first thing you need to check if you have enabled the notification and arranged an Alert style or not. Follow the steps below for this.
- Tap on "Settings" and go to "Notifications".
- Tap on "WhatsApp" and enable "Allow Notifications" if it is disabled.
- Now, another thing is to enable the "Sound" option.
- Last, enable all the "Alerts" options.
2. Force Restart Your iPhone
If the WhatsApp notification is still not working , the best thing you can try to fix the problem in iOS 11/11.1/11.2/11.3 is forcing restart your iPhone or iPad. For this, just press and keep hold the "Sleep/Wake" and "Home" (Volume Down button for iPhone 7 and later versions) buttons for 10 seconds simultaneously. When you find Apple logo coming, release the buttons and the device will be restart. This will probably fix the problem. If this fix goes futile then jump to the next method.
3. Remove the WhatsApp App and Reinstall It
Removing the WhatsApp app from your device and reinstalling it is another tip you can try when WhatsApp notification is not working in iOS 11. But before doing this, it is recommended to backup your WhatsApp messages since removing the app will result in the loss of all your messages. To make backup of your WhatsApp messages, we suggest you to use iMyFone D-Port Pro (iOS 11.3 supported) which is an amazing backup and restore tool that helps in creating backup flexibly. In other words, there is no need to back up the whole device unlike other methods such as iTunes; you will be able to backup only WhatsApp messages via iMyFone D-Port Pro. This tool will not affect any other data in the device and won't overwrite the other data when you restore the backup to your device. Therefore, it would be the best option to backup WhatsApp messages separately.
4. Check Network Connection
This can also help you when WhatsApp notification problem in iOS 11 or the newer versions like iOS 11.3 is bothering you. Just reset your network settings and check if the WhatsApp notification works or not. Go along the steps below.
- Open "Settings" and tap on "General".
- Go to "Reset" and tap on "Reset Network Settings".
- Enter your passcode and then tap on "Reset Network Settings" again to confirm.
Please remember that this method will remove all your network settings like Wi-Fi passwords, so make sure to write the password down or you will get into another trouble after performing this method.
5. Reset All Settings
Sadly if WhatsApp notification problem in iOS 11 or other versions like iOS 11.3 continues, resetting settings can give assistance. This can be done by:
- Going to "Settings" and hit "General".
- Go to "Reset" and hit "Reset All Settings".
- Type in the passcode and tap on "Reset All Settings" once again in order to verify the process.
- Finally you can test if WhatsApp notification works or not now.
6. Fix WhatsApp Notification Not Working in iOS 11/11.1/11.2/11.3 without Data Loss
If all of the above tips didn't work and the WhatsApp notification is still not working , there may be some software issue. iMyFone iOS System Recovery is the best fit for solving software issue. It is one of the best system recovery tool that can help in repairing almost all kinds of iOS issues.
iMyFone iOS System Recovery （iOS 11.3 Supported）
- This program helps in fixing all common iOS issues like iPhone stuck in recovery mode, Wi-Fi greyed out and many more.
- The program gives three different modes which are "Standard Mode", "Exit Recovery Mode" and "Advanced Mode" that are used for different problems.
- You will not lose any data when you are using "Standard Mode".
- iMyFone iOS System Recovery is very easy to useand fully compatible with iOS 11 and the latest version iOS 11.3.
How to Use iMyFone iOS System Recovery to Fix WhatsApp Notification Problem
Step 1 – Get the iMyFone iOS System Recovery software from its official website and install it on your PC. Launch the application and connect your iPhone with your PC. Now, on the iMyFone iOS System Recovery window, you'll have to choose "Standard Mode" from the 3 available options.
Step 2 – Follow carefully the on screen instructions to boot your iPhone into the DFU mode.
Step 3 – Next move is to download the latest iOS firmware package of your iPhone. The program will automatically detect the model of your iDevice, you just need to hit on "Download" button once you verify the model information is correct.
Step 4 – Upon package download completion, hit on "Start to Fix" button to initiate the fixing process and boot your device normally after the fixing process completes to check if the WhatsApp Notification problem in iOS 11 has vanished or not.
7. Restore with iTunes
Last alternative that leaves to fix WhatsApp notification not working in iOS 11 is restoring your device via iTunes. The thing to keep in mind before proceeding to this method is to make backup the data of your device. This is because, after restoring with iTunes, your device will reach to the factory state again that is with the default settings. Therefore, backup the device first and follow the steps below to restore.
- Open iTunes in your computer and connect iPhone/iPad/iPod to the PC.
- Look for your device at the upper left corner. Click on it and then go to "Summary" tab.
- There will be an option of "Restore iPhone". Click on it and confirm this option. Then your iPhone will be restored and all data on your device will be erased.
Coming towards the end of this article, we hope that you may finally have got the solution to fix WhatsApp notification not working in iOS 11 or the latest one iOS 11.3. The latest iOS undoubtedly has the amazing features yet, but again with new and better technologies some trivial glitches also make you disappointed. All in all, we expect that you can receive normally now.