Lots of iTunes complain at the Apple Community about the iTunes error 5105. It’s annoying that trying some ways but to no avail. You would better learn the causes of this error code before you try.
Causes of Error Code 5105 iTunes
- If there is corruption caused in the Windows Registry due to the software change related to iTunes whether it is uninstalled or installed.
- Corrupted download or any kind of partial installation of the iTunes software.
- Any other program that has mistakenly or maliciously has deleted the iTunes related files.
- The malware or virus infection that has corrupted the iTunes program files or the Windows system files.
Solutions to Repair iTunes Error Code 5105
Below are some four possible Apple error 5105 solutions that the users can take into account for fixing this issue.
1 The Best Solution - Use iTunes Repair Tool
With just One-Click, the users can get rid of the error 5105 iTunes windows 10 problems. The users can use the iMyFone TunesFix that helps in fixing the iTunes problems and issues without causing any damage to the data. Moreover, it helps in the normal restoration of the iTunes.
Main Features of iMyFone TunesFix
- Auto-detect iTunes issues, show you details, and fix it automatically.
- 4 repair modes to smartly fix 100+ iTunes errors: install, update, connect, open, detect, restore, backup and other problems.
- No data will be lost when repairing.
- 2 cleaning modes to quick or deep clean your iTunes to free up space and boost its performance.
- Completely uninstall damaged iTunes in the right order, leaving no fragments.
How to Fix iTunes Error 5105 on Windows 10/8/7
Step 1: Launch the iMyFone TunesFix and it will auto-detect the iTunes on PC.
Step 2: When you are in the home interface, choose “Fix Other iTunes Problems”.
Step 3: Click “Repair” and it will start to fixing your iTunes issues.
2 Close the iTunes and Run as Administrator
In case, the user encounters the problem “iTunes your request cannot be processed error code 5105,” then it can shut down the iTunes and resume it again by running it as an administrator. Here, few iTunes programs may not run in a proper manner, and it may get fussy. The only advice is to Close the iTunes and then run as administrator.
3 Disable Bonjour
Most of the users on the Apple Community have used the ‘Disable Bonjour’ method to fix iTunes 5105 error.
- Keep the iTunes running while Opening the Windows Task Manager
- Click on services
- Then highlight “Bonjour Service”
- Right click on it and choose Stop
4 Clean Your iTunes Junk
You can clean iTunes junk by yourself, but you are not recommended to do it manually as:
- one may end up deleting the important files of the iTunes, this will further cause iTunes to stop working.
- the cleaning of junk should be done in different location on your PC.
You can make the iTunes cleaning easier with iMyFone TunesFix cleaning features.
What Does TunesFix Clean?
- iTunes media: Preview and selectively clean iTunes music, movies, home videos, podcasts, ringtones, voice memos, etc.
- temporary downloadsOld iOS backups: Backups made through iTunes and also hidden backups left by third-party software or tools.
- Used software update files: iTunes install/update files and iOS update files, most of which are no longer useful.
- Other useless files: iTunes cache, cookies, logs, temporary downloads, and other junk.
How to Clean iTunes Junk in One Place
Step 1: Launch iMyFone TunesFix. Choose “Quick Clean” mode from the home interface.
Note: If you also want to scan and clean hidden backups left by third-party software, choose “Deep Clean”.
Step 2: Click on Scan and wait for it to finish. You can preview your iTunes files here.
Step 3: Select unwanted files. (All the useless iTunes files are in the “Other Data” category.) Click on “Clean.” It will delete the checked files from iTunes.