“I tried to sync my iPhone XR using iTunes on a Windows 10 PC. I am getting a surprising notification that “the iPhone could not be synced because the sync session failed to start”, I have tried resolving this iTunes issue by troubleshooting my PC and iTunes several times, I have also contacted Microsoft and Apple supports but their tips did not help me much. Please, how can I fix sync sessions failed to start”? – Jerry Cook”
How to Fix “iTunes Sync Session Failed to Start”
Jerry Cook is facing iPhone sync session failed to start issue and so are many of users who meet the same problem. “iTunes sync session failed to start” issues usually cause by iTunes itself, it is a permission error either on your device or computer. It appears when you haven’t authorized your computer or don’t have the access/permission to move/modify the data
Common sync errors also include iTunes sync error-54, iPhone can’t sync with iTunes or sync with another iTunes library, iTunes can’t match iPhone and so on.
The following are some of the reasons why iTunes sync session fails to start:
- Faulty or incomplete iTunes installation and iTunes related component installation.
- Corrupt iTunes software or iTunes library.
- Outdated iTunes and component software.
- Faulty or fake iOS lightning (USB) cable.
- You haven’t setup iTunes sync option.
More so, the following tips will help you to fix “iTunes Sync session failed to start” error when syncing your iOS devices with iTunes.
#1.The Best Solution with 100% Sync Successfully
Mostly, incompletion of installation or related component mistaken occupy the majority reasons which caused the sync error. iMyFone TunesFix is professionally aimed to fix iTunes sync problems, especially the above main reasons. With user-friendly operation design you can repair the iTunes library just by one click. This latest software repairs the iTunes sync issue without data loss and enables you to sync your device immediately.
Why You Choose TunesFix to Help You
- Fix “iTunes sync session failed to start” with just one click.
- Fix iTunes library corruption or iTunes software corruption as the above common failure reasons mentioned.
- Your data have no concern to be erased or damaged while repairing sync issue.
- Two modes to clean your iTunes and speed it up, syncing data faster than ever!
- Completely uninstall iTunes and its related mistaken components, you can redownload iTunes without interference.
- Fix 100 more iTunes issues and errors.
Detailed steps to fix “iTunes sync session failed to start” using TunesFix:
Launch TunesFix on your PC. It will show you the specific status of your iTunes, click “Repair” to repair iTunes.
Try using iTunes to sync your iOS device, if the “iTunes sync session failed to start” issue persists, then proceed to level two by clicking “Fix Other iTunes Problems”.
- Click “Repair” to start the process.
#2. Another Two Common Solution You can Trys
These two solutions will help you to fix “iTunes sync session failed to start” issue, and they are as follows.
1.Fix sync session failed to start by updating iTunes: “iTunes sync session failed to start” error may be stemming from outdated iTunes and iTunes component software. To update iTunes to its latest version follow these steps:
- Step 1: Connect your PC to a network. Launch iTunes and go to “Help > Check for Update”.
- Step 2: follow the prompts to update your iTunes.
2.Fix sync session failed to start by deleting old iTunes backups: If your iTunes library is corrupt, then it is better your delete it to stop this error message from popping up.
- Step 1: Choose iTunes > Preferences (for Mac). Choose Edit > Preferences (for Windows).
- Step 2: Click Devices.
- Step 3: Select the backup you want to delete, you can hover your cursor on the backup to see more details.
- Step 4: Click Delete Backup, then Confirm.
If you don’t want to manually delete the old iTunes backup, iMyfone Tunesfix can one click to help you clean up the junky. With two clean mode option to choose you can deeply clean up your iTunes.
iTunes is a great tool for managing iOS device contents but when iTunes errors start surfacing, it usually comes with a lot of pain. You’ll probably meet the following painful iTunes sync, installation, uninstallation, update, restore problems and other issues when working with iTunes.The best way to fix these errors is to download and install an all-inclusive iTunes repairer software – iMyFone TunesFix. This software would help you to fix all iTunes errors just in a click.
The best way to fix these errors is to download and install an all-inclusive iTunes repairer software – . This software would help you to fix all iTunes errors just in a click.