“I tried to sync my iPhone 7 Plus using iTunes on a Windows 10 PC. I am getting a surprising notification that “the iPhone could not be synced because the sync session failed to start”. I have tried resolving this iTunes issue by troubleshooting my PC and iTunes several times, I have also contacted Microsoft and Apple supports but their tips did not help me much. Please, how can I fix Sync sessions failed to start”? – Jerry Cook”
How to Fix “iTunes Sync Session Failed to Start”
iTunes is a great tool for managing iOS device contents but when iTunes errors start surfacing, it usually comes with a lot of pain. Jerry Cook is facing iTunes issues and so are many of us as we found in our review of Microsoft support communities, Apple Support communities, Mac Rumors, and other iOS related websites.
Why does “Sync session failed to start” error occurs when trying to synchronize iPhone with iTunes on a Windows PC? The following are some of the reasons why iTunes sync session fails to start:
- Faulty or incomplete iTunes installation and iTunes related component installation.
- Corrupt iTunes software or iTunes library.
- Outdated iTunes and component software.
- Faulty or fake iOS lightning (USB) cable.
- You haven’t setup iTunes sync option.
More so, the following tips will help you to fix “iTunes Sync session failed to start” error when syncing your iOS devices with iTunes.
#1. The Best and Easiest Solution
iMyFone TunesFix is an advanced solution for all iTunes errors and issues. This latest software for repairing any iTunes issue without data loss can fix up to 100+ iTunes install, backup, restore, sync, update, uninstall, or connect errors. It can also clear up iTunes junk and redundant files to free up your hard disk and speed up your PC performance.
As an advanced solution to repair iTunes and fix iTunes errors, TunesFix can help you fix any error by auto-detecting it, repair it in one-click, and with no data loss.
- Fix “iTunes sync session failed to start” with just one click.
- Fix 100 more iTunes issues and errors.
- It will not erase your data while repairing.
- Two modes to clean your iTunes and speed up it.
- Completely uninstall iTunes and its related components.
Detailed steps to fix “iTunes sync session failed to start” using TunesFix:
Step 1: Launch TunesFix on your PC. It will show you the specific status of your iTunes, click “Repair” to repair iTunes.
Step 2: Try using iTunes to sync your iOS device, if the “iTunes sync session failed to start” issue persists, then proceed to level two by clicking “Fix Other iTunes Problems”.
Step 3: Click “Repair” to start the process.
#2. Other Common Solutions
These other common solutions will help you to fix “iTunes sync session failed to start” issue, and they are as follows.
1. Fix sync session failed to start by updating iTunes: “iTunes sync session failed to start” error may be stemming from outdated iTunes and iTunes component software. To update iTunes to its latest version follow these steps:
- Step 1: Connect your PC to a network. Launch iTunes and go to “Help > Check for Update”.
- Step 2: follow the prompts to update your iTunes.
2. Fix sync session failed to start by deleting old iTunes backups: If your iTunes library is corrupt, then it is better your delete it to stop this error message from popping up.
- Step 1: Choose iTunes > Preferences (for Mac). Choose Edit > Preferences (for Windows).
- Step 2: Click Devices.
- Step 3: Select the backup you want to delete, you can hover your cursor on the backup to see more details.
- Step 4: Click Delete Backup, then Confirm.
#3. Some Common iTunes Issue and the Recommended Solutions to Fix Them
You’ll probably meet the following painful iTunes sync, installation, uninstallation, update, restore problems and other issues when working with iTunes.
- iTunes Could not connect to iPhone
- iTunes won’t install/update
- iTunes could not backup/restore iOS device files
- Other known errors and issues.
The best way to fix these errors is to download and install an all-inclusive iTunes repairer software – iMyFone TunesFix. This software would help you to fix all iTunes errors just in a click.