"With the iOS 12 update on my iPhone, the iMessages were not delivered from my device. I have no clue what is the problem. Can anybody give some suggestion?"
iMessage is a free messaging service provided by Apple, but sometimes it fails to work after new iOS installation. This time again the complaints came with iOS 12 as well. Actually, many people found their iPhone messages or iMessages are not delivered or received with the update of the iOS 12. Due to frequent queries, we came up with some fixes with tutorials to resolve this issue.
6 Ways to Fix iPhone Messages/iMessages Not Delivered or Received in iOS 12
1. Check Apple System Status
Apple's System Status Page is a revolutionary and very hepful measure with which users can easily determine if the errors they are facing, for instance iPhone message or iMessage not delivered or received problem on their device is because of any service outages on Apple servers (due to maintenance) or it is just the device.
Reportedly, a few hours of sporadic downtime is noted in iMessage and Facetime services, over the past months. Visit the Apple System Status Page link - https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ - and check if it is your device that's tossing up the error or is because of the Apple servers.
2. Turn On Send as SMS
This is a step to resolve your iPhone message not delivered or received. In general, the cell service is responsible for sending or receiving text messages, so make sure your device has a good cellular signal. Also, check if you have set permissions to send messages in your settings. Head to Settings, tap on Messages and toggle on Send as SMS if it is not.
3. Reset iMessage
To Reset iMessage sometimes helps when your iMessages are not delivered or received. Check if your settings are appropriately stored, if they are then your device may have lost connecction with the Apple's iMessage server. Here's how to reset your iMessage:
- Open "Settings", tap on "Messages", then click on "Send & Receive" and make sure to uncheck all email addresses listed under the section "You Can be Reached by iMessage at".
- Next, scroll up to the top, hit on your Apple ID and hit "Sign Out". Go back to "Messages" and toggle off the "iMessage" service. Reboot your device now.
- Now, when your device is back up give it a rest of 5-7 minutes and then reverse the actions carried above. Turn on "iMessage" service in the "Messages" section under "Settings" and sign in with your Apple ID again in "Send & Receive" option.
- Lastly, make sure to check the email addresses you wish to use for iMessage service.
Everything back to normal? Good it should be. If not, follow up with further solutions.
4. Reset Network Settings and Hard Reset iPhone
Clearing or resetting Network Settings will clear out any hindrance triggering the iPhone message or iMessage not delivered or received error. Once done with Reset Network Settings, hard reboot/reset your iPhone. Here's step by step process to do it.
- Get into "General" under the "Settings", tap on "Reset" and then hit "Reset Network Settings". Enter the passcode if prompted.
- Now, hard reset/reboot your iPhone by holding down the Sleep/Wake button along with the Home button if you own iPhone 6s or older. If you own iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, press and hold Volume Down instead for no less than 10 seconds.
5. Fix the Problem with an Efficient Tool (iOS 12 Supported)
After giving a try to all the explained methods, if you didn't succeed, perhaps the iOS is the cause. For this, you need to try a professional tool to fix the problem. We recommend iMyFone D-Back to you. It can help the users in many ways, for example, it is able to recover lost data from iOS devices or it can recover data from iCloud/iTunes backup as well. In addition, the unique feature "Fix iOS System" has the capability to fix a number of iOS problems without data loss. Recommended by some famous media sites like Cult of Mac, and Makeuseof, iMyFone D-Back has a great potential to work effortlessly and efficiently.
- This tool has the capability to recover 20+ types of data such as messages, contacts, Kik data, Viber data etc.
- There are many iOS problems that can be resolved using "Fix iOS System" feature. For example, iPhone Wi-Fi greyed out, iPhone stuck with recovery mode or DFU mode, iPhone restarts randomly or keeps restarting, and more.
- Different modes are offered by "Fix iOS System" which are "Standard Mode", "Exit Recovery Mode" and "Advanced Mode" that works for different purposes. No data will be lost under the Standard Mode.
- This tool is extremely simple and completely safe. All iOS devices and iOS versions including iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iOS 12.
How to Fix the Problem Using iMyFone D-Back
Step 1 – Open the Tool
First step is downloading the program. Install it and open it afterwards. Just hit "Fix iOS System" and make connection between iPhone and the computer. The next step is to choose the "Standard Mode".
Step 2 – Enter DFU Mode
You will get a little guide to take your device to DFU mode. If you fail to put your device in DFU mode, go for Recovery mode instead.
Step 3 – Download Firmware
The next step is to download the suitable firmware. And for this, there's a need of just one click which is "Download" button. The program will recognize your device and will initiate downloading of latest iOS for your device. Also, when the program fails to recognize, choose your device model and download the iOS yourself.
Step 4 – Fix the System
Last step would be clicking on "Start to Fix" option. This will verify your firmware and will begin to fix the iOS problem. Wait for the process to be finished and your device will restart.
6. Update Carrier Settings & Check with Your Carrier
Updating carrier settings is applicated to the issue that iPhone messages are not delivered or received. This problem can be caused by outdated carrier settings.To manually update the Carrier settings follow the steps below:
Pre-requisite: Device must have a stable internet connection, be it WiFi or Cellular Data connection.
- Head to "Settings", tap on "General" and hit on "About". Check if the updates are available or not, if it is, an option to download and install carrier settings update will also be there.
If your iPhone messages still cannot be delivered or received, please contact your Carrier and check if there is any problem on their end.
We provided the article with the purpose of helping you to get rid of the problem when iPhone messages or iMessages are not delivered or received after iOS 12 update. We are concluding here with a great expectation that our attempt and suggestions were advantageous to all the users who are in the same problem. Furthermore, we would like to know your experience after reading this article.