Battery life plays a major role when using a high-end Smartphone like an iPhone. When your iPhone's battery starts putting you in an undesirable situation by suddenly dropping down after updating to iOS 12/13, it is natural to get annoyed. You would probably go and charge your device again or you would possibly ask all of your friends about the problem or if they have ever been in such situation but end up with no solution at all. But, you no longer have to be in such unpleasant situation since we are here with some useful tips and solutions for you. So, if your iPhone battery starts draining fast all of a sudden after updating to iOS 12/13, try out these fixes and get your issue resolved. Moreover, we will also share some tips on how you can save battery on iPhone. Let's begin without further delay.
6 Tips to Fix iPhone Battery Draining Fast All of a Sudden After iOS 12/13 Update
- 1. Check the Apps Which Are Consuming the Most Power
- 2. Update Apps on Your iPhone
- 3. Close All the Apps in Background When Not in Use
- 4. Fix 'iPhone Battery Suddenly Drops' with a Tool (No Data Loss)
- 5. Use iTunes to Restore iPhone to Factory Settings (Erase Everything)
- 6. Replace the Battery (Lose Data)
- 7. Tip: How to Save Battery on iPhone
1. Check the Apps Which Are Consuming the Most Power
When you observe iPhone battery draining fast all of a sudden after iOS 12 update, you need to examine all the apps and check which are eating up the batter most. To do this, open 'Settings' and tap on 'Battery'. Under the 'BATTERY USAGE' option, you could see the apps and the figures given next to each app shows how much battery is consuming by the app. Switch to 'Last 24 Hours' to see how much battery is consumed during the previous day. On finding the battery consuming apps, delete those or you can simply ask the app developer about the issue.
2. Update Apps on Your iPhone
The apps that are not updated, at times stand considerable for sudden iPhone battery dropping. This is because, on an available app update, the apps might try to get automatically updated in the background and hence this could result in draining battery. In addition, an outdated app will work improperly and lead to sudden draining of power. Therefore, just open 'App Store' in your device and tap on 'Update All' at the top to update your apps.
3. Close All the Apps in Background When Not in Use
You probably have no idea about closing the apps once you use it. For your information, the apps you use run in the background even after you exit those and because they're still running in the background, they could be responsible of a sudden draining of iPhone battery. Hence to improve battery life, we recommend you to close those apps so that the battery doesn't rapidly drops any longer.
Hit on the 'Home' button twice and let the app switcher on. You could notice how many apps are opened that you used recently. Swipe up the apps one by one and close them.
4. Fix iPhone Battery Suddenly Drops without Data Loss
After updating to iOS 12/13, iPhone battery could be draining fast all of a sudden due to iOS glitches. If this is the case, it is the iOS itself to blame. Using the tool 'iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery' (iOS 12/13 supported) would be a sound choice to fix the problem, because the program is reliable and can repair iOS glitches or even downgrade iOS 13 without any loss of data. This repairing tool supports Windows and Mac computers. Also, it is the safest tool ever when compared with others in the market. Its 3 modes allow users to fix various iOS issues. Therefore, let's get the 'iPhone battery starts draining fast suddenly' problem fixed using this best solution in a step by step process.
Step 1 – Run iMyFone Fixppo on your PC and connect your iPhone to the PC via lightening cable. Now, select 'Standard Mode' from the main screen.
Step 2 – After this, click on 'Start' button and you will have to follow the onscreen instruction then in order to put your iPhone in DFU mode.
Step 3 – Subsequently, click on the 'Download' button and the program will give you the suitable firmware by detecting the device automatically. If the iOS versions before iOS 13/12 are offered, you can downgrade your iOS to resolve the problem. You can also click "Select it" to select the firmware you downloaded before starting the fixing process.
After that, hit on 'Start to Fix' after that and your problem will be fixed in a couple of minutes.
5. Use iTunes to Restore iPhone to Factory Settings
Restoring the device to factory settings is also helpful. If you're facing a circumstance where your iPhone battery suddenly drops after updating to iOS 12/13, try to restore your iPhone using iTunes. However, this will lead to data loss. So try this method if you're comfortable with it.
- Open the latest iTunes version and get your iPhone connected to the PC via USB cable.
- After opening, click on device icon and then hit 'Summary'.
- Now, click on 'Restore iPhone' and confirm the actions. Wait for a few munites, and then your iPhone will restart and be back to normal.
6. Replace the Battery
If nothing mentioned above works for you and your battery is still draining fast all of a sudden in iOS 12/13, we would like to suggest you to replace the battery. It would be a fair decision for such battery draining case and when none of the above methods is working for you.
7. Tip: How to Save Battery on iPhone
After learning the solutions to try when iPhone battery suddenly drops after iOS 12/13 update, here are the tips you should know if your wish to save battery on iPhone.
- Firstly, note to keep the 'Background App Refresh' option disabled. You can find it in the 'General' menu from 'Settings'. The feature, if enabled can lead to reduced battery life by keeping the device active and running things in background.
- You need to check software updates time and again since every new update brings fixes with it thereby possibly improving the battery life.
- The next tip says and suggests you to turn off the location services. Go to 'Settings' > 'Privacy' > 'Location Services' and disable it by toggling the switch off. Tap 'Turn Off' from pop-up to confirm. Keeping this feature constantly enabled uses GPS which will surely affect the battery life.