Battery life plays a major role when using a high-end Smartphone like an iPhone. When your iPhone's battery starts putting you in an undesirable situation by suddenly going down after updating to iOS 15/14, it is natural to get annoyed.
You would probably go and charge your device again or you would possibly ask all of your friends about the problem or if they have ever been in such situation but end up with no solution at all. But, you no longer have to be in such unpleasant situation since we are here with some useful tips and solutions for you.
So if your iPhone battery starts dying fast all of a sudden after updating to iOS 15/14, try out these fixes and get your issue resolved. Moreover, we will also share some tips on how you can solve most iOS problems and save battery on iPhone. Let's begin without further delay.
Why is your iPhone battery draining so fast all of a sudden?
- iOS issues & battery health: When your iPhone battery percentage jumps when plug in or all of a sudden, the first possibility is that your iPhone battery wear or battery capacity is low. This problem is more likely to happen after you upgrade the iOS system, because it will have higher requirements on the phone’s hardware, including the battery.
- Location tracking: If location tracking is turned on all the time and for every app, it’s going to take a lot of effort to connect to GPS per time. This effort translates to more battery drain for your device.
- Bad network signal: Whenever you're in an area where the network coverage is really bad, your device uses extra resources to connect to a network which in a result your Phone dies faster than before. In this situation, the best thing to do is to turn on airplane mode if you can excuse using network till you get to a better network reception.
- Diagnostics and Usage Data: Apple and other third-party app developers need data to improve the iPhone experience. It collects such directly from iPhone users in the form of Diagnostics and Usage Data. However, turning this on all the time will be a drain on your battery.
- Automatic downloads: Downloads use data to update, and when cellular data or Wi-Fi is on, it’s also a drain on resources. While automatic updates are not bad in themselves, the timing of the updates might work against you and make your battery low when you least expect it.
- You’re not closing the apps you don’t need: Apps need resources to be launched and ran. Not closing an App when not in use is using battery power that could have been otherwise conserved.
10 Solutions to Fix iPhone Battery Draining Fast Suddenly After iOS 15/14 Update
- 1. Fix iPhone Software Issues Without Data Loss
- 2. Check the Battery Wear or Battery Capacity
- 3. Check the Apps Which Are Consuming the Most Power & Quit the Apps Cannot Handle the Update
- 4. Update Apps on Your iPhone
- 5. Close All the Apps in Background When Not in Use
- 6. Close Services and Apps in Widgets
- 7. Limit Background App Refresh
- 8. Limit or Turn off Location Services
- 9. Replace the Battery
- 10. Contact Apple for Hardware Issues
1. Fix iPhone Software Issues Without Data Loss
After updating to iOS 15/14, iPhone could have more software issues than ever, due to iOS glitches, such as the battery could be draining fast all of a sudden, iPhone stuck on apple logo, apps crash more and etc. If this is the case, it is the iOS itself to blame. Normally this kind of problem won't be easily fixed by restarting the phone. And using iTunes to restore will cause data loss.
In this situation, iMyFone Fixppo (iOS 15/14 supported) would be a sound choice to fix the problem. The program offers two different methods to solve iOS problems. It is reliable and can repair iOS glitches or even downgrade iOS 14 without any loss of data. This repairing tool supports Windows and Mac computers. Also, it is the safest tool ever when compared with others in the market. You can fix your iPhone easily in just 3 steps.
Step 1 – Run iMyFone Fixppo on your PC and connect your iPhone to the PC via lightening cable. Now, select 'Standard Mode' from the main screen.
Step 2 – After this, click on 'Start' button and you will have to follow the onscreen instruction then in order to put your iPhone in DFU mode.
Step 3 – Subsequently, click on the 'Download' button and the program will give you the suitable firmware by detecting the device automatically. If the iOS versions before iOS 15/14 are offered, you can downgrade your iOS to resolve the problem. You can also click "Select it" to select the firmware you downloaded before starting the fixing process.
After that, hit on 'Start to Fix' after that and your problem will be fixed in a couple of minutes.
2. Check the Battery Wear or Battery Capacity
Here is what you need to do firstly when your iPhone battery percentage jumps when plug in or all of a sudden. We suggest you to use tools like CoconutBattery for Mac or 3uTools for Windows that can help you be aware of your battery health anytime. You can also consider simply going to the Apple Store to know about your battery wear.
Also, please note that if your battery capacity is below 70%, you may need to replace your battery to get the best use of your device. When your device is at 80%, you will find that the device is usable but not holding charge perfectly and when it comes down to 70%, it makes the device usage even worse. Therefore, replacing the battery when the battery wear is less than 70% will fall into place.
3. Check the Apps Which Are Consuming the Most Power & Quit the Apps Cannot Handle the Update
When you observe iPhone battery draining fast all of a sudden after iOS 15/14 update, you need to examine all the apps and check which are eating up the batter most. To do this, open 'Settings' and tap on 'Battery'. Under the 'BATTERY USAGE' option, you could see the apps and the figures given next to each app shows how much battery is consuming by the app.
Switch to 'Last 24 Hours' to see how much battery is consumed during the previous day. On finding the battery consuming apps, delete those or you can simply ask the app developer about the issue.
4. Update Apps on Your iPhone
The apps that are not updated, at times stand considerable for sudden iPhone battery dropping. This is because, on an available app update, the apps might try to get automatically updated in the background and hence this could result in draining battery.
In addition, an outdated app will work improperly and lead to sudden draining of power. Therefore, just open 'App Store' in your device and tap on 'Update All' at the top to update your apps.
5. Close All the Apps in Background When Not in Use
You probably have no idea about closing the apps once you use it. For your information, the apps you use run in the background even after you exit those and because they're still running in the background, they could be responsible of a sudden draining of iPhone battery. Hence to improve battery life, we recommend you to close those apps so that the battery doesn't rapidly drops any longer.
Hit on the 'Home' button twice and let the app switcher on. You could notice how many apps are opened that you used recently. Swipe up the apps one by one and close them.
6. Close Services and Apps in Widgets
Another feature will consume your battery life but you may never pay attention to is the Widgets. The services and apps in Widgets may use a lot of power. Follow the steps below to deal with Widgets.
- 1. Swipe your Home screen to right and you will see Widgets.
- 2. Scroll the screen and you will see all the services and apps.
- 3. Tap the Edit button and close the services or apps you don't need.
7. Limit Background App Refresh
Background refresh allows any app for iPhone to be multitasking all the time no matter you run it or not. But yes, this function consumes power a lot. Limiting the refresh has been proved useful to fix iPhone battery drains fast.
- 1. Launch Settings app and go to General > Background App Refresh.
- 2. Then turn the function off.
8. Limit or Turn off Location Services
Apps always want to use your location to get more information from you. However, Location Service steals your battery power, also. If you want to avoid this, just follow the steps below.
- 1. Open Settings on your device and tap Privacy > Location Services.
- 2. You can turn off this function. Or choose some apps which can use your location only when you use them.
9. Replace the Battery
If nothing mentioned above works for you and your battery is still draining fast all of a sudden in iOS 15/14, we would like to suggest you to replace the battery. It would be a fair decision for such battery draining case and when none of the above methods is working for you.
10. Contact Apple for Hardware Issues
Another possibility is that there is something wrong with your hardware – battery. And then you will have to ask Apple to help.
You can try the following ways.
- 1. If you have AppleCare or AppleCare+, you can book a Genius Bar appointment.
- 2. You can also call 1-800-MY-APPLE to set up a mail-in repair.
How to Save Battery on iPhone
After learning the solutions to try when iPhone battery suddenly drops after iOS 15/14 update, here are the tips you should know if your wish to save battery on iPhone.
- Firstly, note to keep the 'Background App Refresh' option disabled. You can find it in the General menu from Settings. The feature, if enabled can lead to reduced battery life by keeping the device active and running things in background.
- You need to check software updates time and again since every new update brings fixes with it thereby possibly improving the battery life.
- The next tip says and suggests you to turn off the location services. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and disable it by toggling the switch off. Tap Turn Off from pop-up to confirm. Keeping this feature constantly enabled uses GPS which will surely affect the battery life.