There are times you need to reset your iPad/iPad mini/iPad Pro without your Apple ID and this can be done for a whole lot of reasons. For example, if you forgot your Apple ID, you may need to do a reset. Truth be told, restoring your iPad to factory settings will help transform your device into a new one just like when you just bought it off the shelf. The advantage is that you will have enough storage space and your device will perform optimally. There are several ways this can be done and this article takes a look at some of them.
How to Permanently Reset iPad without Apple ID Password
iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser or iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser for Mac is a unique tool like no other when it comes to reset iPad without apple id or iCloud passcode (including iPad mini & iPad Pro). In fact, it is an all-in-one solution for iPad space management and privacy protection.
To perform Apple password reset without Apple ID, the Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser utilizes the “Erase All Data” mode which is designed to wipe out all data on your iPad (mini/Pro) in a flash. It is important to note that the “Erase All Data” is actually different from the normal factory reset option of iPad. Umate Pro ensures that erased data cannot be retrieved by recovery tools and this is what you need to protect your privacy from unauthorized access. The following are the required steps to take.
Steps to Reset iPad without Apple ID/iCloud Password - iOS 11.3 Supported
Note: For resetting iPad/iPad mini/iPad Pro without Apple ID, firstly, you should make sure that "Find my iPhone" is already turned off.
Step 1: Connect your iPad to computer which has Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser installed.
Step 2: Select the “Erase All Data” mode and click on “Erase Now”.
Step 3: Restore your iPad to factory settings in few minutes.
Key Feature of the Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser
- Erase Data 100% Unrecoverable: Your text messages, history, photos, videos, contacts, call logs, notes, etc can be selected to permanently delete, without the chance of recovery.
- Erase Deleted Files: Files that you previously deleted by hand are left on the hard drive, which can be found out and completely wiped.
- Erase Third Party Apps: Third party app like WeChat & WhatsApp messages, attachments and fragments can be erased completely without recovery.
How to Reset iPad without Apple ID with iTunes
Step 1: Open iTunes on your computer.
Step 2: Connect your iPad/iPad min/iPad Pro to the computer with a cable.
Step 3: Select your iPad when it appears on iTunes.
Step 4: Press the Sleep/Wake and the Home buttons. Keep holding on till you see the Recovery screen.
Step 5: Click on "Summary>Restore iPad" on iTunes. Wait for several mintues, your device will be restored to factory settings. Then you can set up your iPad and use it.
Note: If Find My iPhone has already been disabled, you can directly enter your iPad after resetting it.
How to Reset Apple ID Password
If the Apple ID is belongs to you, you can easily reset your Apple ID and password, even you have already forgot both of them. Apple has given the detailed steps of 3 situations: "Email, password, and security questions", "Two-factor authentication" and "Two-step verification". We will describe the first situation.
Step 1: Go to https://appleid.apple.com/, click "Forgot Apple ID or password."
Step 2: Input your Apple ID. If you forgot your Apple ID, you can go to your iPhone's iCloud, iTunes&App Store, and many other options to find it.
Step 3: Choose "Answer security questions" or "Get an email." to reset your Apple ID password.
After that, you can use the new password to sign in all of your devices that linked to the account.
Useful Tips about Apple ID Password Reset
- Back up your important information before reset to avoid losing them permanently. This is because iPad resets wipes out all data with the aim of restoring the device to its new state. If there is no back up of your data, you are likely to lose them at the end.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer or Mac if you want to use the iTunes option to do a factory reset.
- If you are planning to resell your iPad or donating it, then it is important to wipe out sensitive data before handing it over to the new owner.
Above are what we want to show you about how to reset iPad without Apple ID password. If you can ensure your Find My iPhone has already been disabled, using iMyFone Umate Pro would be the best choice. It will not let you down.