Did you recently discover that some of the photos you took have somehow disappeared? Whether you accidentally deleted them or they were lost following some issue with your iPhone, the constant remains that you absolutely need to get them back. The question remains; how to do it?
If you had backed up the photos on either iTunes or iCloud, you really don’t have much to worry about. You can simply get them back by restoring the backup. The problem comes in when you had yet to back up the photos before they were accidentally deleted. Fortunately for you, this article will offer you a comprehensive solution to help you get them back.
Before we get to how to recover missing photos, there are a few things you should do to maximize your chances of getting them back:
- If you are unsure as to whether the photos are in either your iTunes or iCloud backup, begin by checking. This is ideally the first thing you should do since if on the off chance they are there, you can simply restore the backup to get them back.
- If you have checked and they are not there, then you will need to make use of a data recovery tool to get them back. Therefore, it is very important that you stop using the device immediately. This is to avoid overwriting the photos and rendering them unrecoverable.
Tool You'll Use - iMyfone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery
We promised you a method to recover the missing photos that is both efficient and easy to use. That method comes in the form of iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery Win or iPhone data recovery Mac that is exclusively designed to ensure effective iPhone data recovery. With this tool you will be able to get your iPhone deleted photos back in the quickest time possible. The following are the reasons why it works so well.
- You can choose to recover the photos directly from the iPhone (if they were not backed up) or from an iCloud or iTunes backup file (if you would rather not restore the device.)
- It can be used to recover a whole host of other data types including videos, call logs, text message, notes, memos and more.
- It is very easy to use and supports nearly all iOS devices and all versions of the iOS operating system, including iPhone 7 and iOS 10.
- You can recover data that has been lost through accidental deletion, device damage, iPhone jailbreak attempt gone wrong or other circumstance.
The following is a tutorial to help you use iMyfone D-Back to recover the photos. Install the program on your computer and then follow then choose one of the following recovery modes depending on your situation.
1 Recover Accidentally Deleted iPhone Photos without Backup
Choose this recovery mode if you don’t have the photos in any of your backup files.
Step 1: Run iMyfone on your computer and then select “Recover from iOS device.” Click “Start” to begin.
Step 2: In the next window, select “Photos” under “Photo & Video” since this is the type of file we wish to recover.
Step 3: Connect the iPhone to the computer using USB cables and click “Scan” as soon as the program detects the device.
Step 4: Once the scan is complete. Preview the photos and then select the ones you want to recover. Click “Recover” to save the deleted photos.
2 Recover Accidentally Deleted iPhone Photos via iTunes Backup
Choose this recovery mode if you have the photos on your iTunes backup file and would rather not restore the entire device.
Step 1: From the main window, select “Recover from iTunes Backup” and click “Start” to continue.
Step 2: in the next window, select “Photos” as the file type to recover and click “Next” to continue.
Step 3: all the iTunes backup files available on that computer will be listed in the next window. Select the one that contains the missing photos and click “Scan.”
Step 4: Preview the results and choose the photos you want to recover and then click “Recover.”
3 Recover Accidentally Deleted iPhone Photos via iCloud Backup
Choose this method if the photos are in an iCloud backup file.
Step 1: Choose “Recover from iCloud Backup” from the main window and then click “Start” to begin.
Step 2: Choose the type of file you want to recover (in this case photos)
Step 3: Sign in to your iCloud account to allow the program to access the iCloud backup files on your account.
Step 4: Select the iCloud backup file that contains the missing photos and then click “Next.”
Step 5: wait for the scanning process to be completed (it shouldn’t take too long) and then preview the results to select the deleted photos. Click “Recover” to save the recovered photos to your computer.