Most of the people find themselves in many problems that occur when they attempt to restore, update, sync or backup their iOS device. Some unknown errors do pop up on the screen obstructing your work and leave your work unfinished. One of them is the error code 1671 occur during restoring or updating iOS devices. Apple error 1671 takes place due to various reasons that include outdated OS version or iTunes, unacceptable Anti-Virus or perhaps when there are many USB devices plug in with the computer at the same time.When you encounter Apple error 1671 and need some solid fixes, try the following methods to resolve the issue.
1 Hard Restart iPhone
For fixing Apple error 1671 or any other error, you should firstly attempt a hard restart. Restarting a device to fix an iOS issue is a primary step one should take. Here are the steps involved in a hard reset.
- Press “Sleep/Wake” button and hold it.
- While pressing it, press “Volume Down” button too, if you have iPhone 7 or 7 Plus and press “Home” button if you have earlier models.
- Keep holding the buttons till nearly 10 seconds.
- When Apple logo appears, release them.
2 Factory Reset iPhone
Another fix for Apple error 1671 problem is to factory reset the iOS device. Although taking this step clears all data from the device, it is useful and a necessary step that provides a new start to the device, ultimately taking you out of the problem. Go to the following steps to perform this method.
- Choose “Settings” and tap on “General”.
- From the screen that comes, tap on “Reset” which you will find at the bottom.
- Now go to “Erase All Content and Settings” and then tap on “Erase iPhone”.
- This will take your device to the original settings and your iPhone will get restart.
Hope this will end your problem.
3 Update iOS to Fix Apple Error 1671
There’s a need to update your iOS when you get a notification saying an update is available. Or check your device if the device has an update or not. You need to follow the steps given below.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Go to “General”.
- Tap on “Software Update”. Now tap on “Download and Install”. You will be asked to remove apps temporarily (which will automatically reinstall after updating the device) in order to create space in the device. Choose “Continue”.
- Choose “Install” and it will begin to update the iOS device.
- At the end, it will ask your passcode. Enter it and get your iOS update.
4 Solve Apple Error 1671 without Data Loss
You can also fix Apple error 1671 without losing any data. Amazing! Isn’t it? For that, you need to go for iMyFone iOS System Recovery. This is the most advantageous software with top-notch features that provides you certain outcomes. Before we budge up to its tutorial, it’s essential to be knowledgeable about its features.
Features of iMyFone iOS System Recovery
- iMyFone is a skillful software as it fixes almost all kinds of difficulty in iOS devices like being stuck in DFU mode, white/black screen or Apple logo.
- This software is simply not removing any of your existing data that can be important for you. The data is not going to lose.
- iMyFone is safe all the way and doesn’t let your information get leaked.
- The software doesn’t demand any technical knowledge and exceptionally easy to use.
- The Money-back guarantee feature allows you to get your money back within 30 days.
Steps to Fix Apple Error 1671 Using iMyFone iOS System Recovery
1. Launch the Software
Download iMyFone iOS System Recovery, then install and launch it on the computer. Subsequently, hit on “Start”. Now plug in the iOS device to the computer with a USB cable. The software will detect your device and click on “Start”.
2. Choose and Download Firmware
Tap “Download” and the software will download the newest version for your device. Wait for some time to get the latest firmware.
3. Fix iOS System
Your device will go through a fixing process after you download firmware. Once finish the process, iOS device will restart.
5 Remove Hosts File and Then Restore through iTunes
A quick fix that can help you overcome the Apple error 1671 is you need to remove the hosts file from your computer for a temporary period of time. You may not know where the file is located or how to find it. Not to worry, here is quick guide for both Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- First of all, you need to disable all security softwares running on your computer.
- Navigate to the “Hosts” file. Open “My computer/This PC”. Proceed to “C:/ Drive > Windows > System32 > drivers > etc”.
- You are then required to either drag drop the “Hosts” file to your desktop or simply cut-paste it on your desktop.
- Once done, proceed to restoring your iPhone with iTunes. But remember, after completion of restore process, you need to put back the “Hosts” file into the same folder.
- Now that you’ve retransferred the file back into its original folder, you should now turn on your security softwares to keep you protected again.
- Remember… First you need to disable the security softwares, be it malware bytes or antivirus program or any other, before proceeding.
- Navigate to “Hosts” file using ‘Finder’. Change the search type from the Finder’s Menu Bar, hit “Go” > click on “Go to Folder”.
- In the coming box punch in the location address provided exactly the same and hit “GO”.
- A new window will appear on your screen and the “Hosts” file will be highlighted.
- Drag drop the highlighted “hosts” file on your desktop or you can use the Cut-paste method either.
- Proceed to restore your iPhone with iTunes now.
- On restore process completion make sure to move the “hosts” file back to its original folder.
Location Address: /private/etc/hosts
If you have any other solution, please share with us by comment below. That will be greatly appreciated.