This is a pretty common problem for many users after an iOS 12 update and it can cause a lot of problems. When the screen goes blank and iPhone won't turn off, many of the more effective solutions to fix the device become impossible to implement since it is completely unresponsive. But there are several things you can try and this article will list many of them.
1. Reset All Settings on iPhone
Resetting all settings on the iPhone is one of the ways you can fix this problem iPhone blank screen after update. The following is how to do it;
- Step 1: Open the Settings on your iPhone and then tap on "General."
- Step 2: Tap in "Reset > Reset All Settings."
- Step 3: when prompted, enter your passcode.
This will only reset the system settings and doesn't affect any of the data on the device.
2. Force Restart Your iPhone
Another simple way to fix iPhone whose screen is blank is to force restart the device. Please note that a force restart will not erase the content on the device. Here's how to do it for different iPhone models;
- For the iPhone X, iPhone 8 or 8 plus: Begin by pressing and ten quickly releasing the Volume Up button. Then press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Now, press and hole the Side button until the Apple Logo appears on the screen.
- For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: Press and hold the Volume Down and the side Button for at least 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo.
- For the iPhone 6 or earlier: Press and hold the home and power button for at least 10 seconds or until the Apple Logo appears on the screen.
3. Reset Battery and Power Management
It is quite possible that iPhone stuck in Blank Screen and won't turn off is battery related. To check, connect the iPhone to a power outlet and wait for about 10-20 minutes before using the device. Some users even recommend plugging in the device to the power outlet for up to 2 days. This can reset the iPhone's battery and power management and fix it.
4. Keep iPhone in Normal Temperature Condition
The iPhone can be in blank screen with spinning circle if you operate the device in conditions of extreme temperatures, either too hot or too cold. If the device is too hot, you can easily remedy this condition by placing it on a cooler surface for some time before using it. If it is too cold, you may want to place the device in a warm (not hot) surface for a few hours to allow it to warm up.
Keep in mind that using your iPhone in frigid temperatures can cause the device to turn off or even shorten the battery life. The optimal temperature for your iOS device is between 0 and 35 degrees Celsius.
5. Repair iOS to Solve iPhone Blank Screen
Of all of the above solutions fail to produce the desire result, it is very likely that your device could have suffered system damage during the upgrade. In this case, you need an iOS system repair program that will be able to detect the problem and fix the device. One of the best iOS system recovery tools to use is iMyFone iOS System Recovery, which can eliminate any bugs causing this and many other issues without the risk of data loss.
Some of the features that make iMyFone iOS System Recovery the best solution for this problem include the following;
- It is fully compatible with all versions of iOS including iOS 12 as well as all iPhone models.
- It can be used to fix various iOS issues including an iPhone stuck in recovery mode, iPhone boot loop, an iPhone won't charge or turn on and many more.
- It has three recovery modes that allow you to fix the device without data loss.
- The repair process is quick and easy.
How to Fix iPhone Blank Screen by iMyFone iOS System Recovery
To use iMyFone iOS system recovery to fix the iPhone, follow these simple steps;
- Step 1: Install iMyFone iOS System Recovery to your Computer and then launch it. Choose Standard Mode which will fix iPhone blank screen after update without any data loss.
- Step 2. Connect the iPhone to the computer and then click “Start.” Follow the instructions to put your device in DFU mode or recovery mode.
- Step 3: With the device in recovery mode or DFU mode, the program will prompt you to download the latest firmware. Click “Download: and then wait while the firmware is installed on your device.
- Step 4: Click on “Start to Fix” as soon as download is completed and the program will begin fixing the device immediately.
In a few minutes the device will restart in normal mode with a responsive screen.
6. Restore your iPhone to Factory Settings
You can also easily fix the unresponsive iPhone by restoring the iPhone to factory settings. We must however warn you that this method will result in total data loss. So, before you attempt to restore the iPhone to factory settings, you may want to create a full backup of the data on it.
Once you have a backup, follow these simple steps;
- Step 1: Open iTunes on your computer and ensure that you are using the latest version of the program. If you don't have the latest version, take a moment to update iTunes to avoid common iTunes errors.
- Step 2: Connect the iPhone to the computer and when iTunes detects the device, click on “Restore.” If iTunes doesn't recognize the iPhone, you may need to put the device in recovery mode.
- Step 3: Click “Restore” to confirm the action and keep the device connected to the computer until the process is complete.
This solution will fix an iPhone blank screen but it will also cause total data loss. You may therefore need to set-up the device and restore from an available backup soon after completing resetting the device in iTunes.