Are you having iPhone touch screen problems after updating to iOS 11? Is the touch screen only working sometimes, or not at all? Does it stop working when you use certain functions or apps? This can be annoying, but there are thankfully ways to fix the issue of iphone touch screen not working after iOS 11 update.
- What Common Touch Screen Issues You May Encounter After iOS 11 Update?
- Method 1 – Check Your Touch Screen to Make Sure It Is Okay
- Method 2 - Adjust 3D Touch Settings for iPhone 6s and Later Devices
- Method 3 - Hard Reset Your Device to Fix iPhone Touch Screen Issues
- Method 4 – Fix iPhone Touch Screen Problems by Refreshing iOS 11
- Method 5 – Factory Reset Your iPhone to Solve Siri Not Working
Common Touch Screen Issues You May Encounter After iOS 11?
It's actually not that uncommon to encounter screen issues after an update. These are just bugs that come from software incompatibilities. Your screen may:
- Stop responding to swipes.
- Stop responding to taps.
- Be completely unresponsive during certain functions, such as when you need to answer a call.
- Not work at all.
Though these issues can be frustrating, there are ways around them so that you can fix touch screen issues after an iOS 11 update and get your iPhone back to normal. Here are 5 things that you can try to fix your screen issues:
Check Your Touch Screen to Make Sure It Is Okay
The first thing that you will want to do is of course physically check your touchscreen for any signs of damage. Check to make sure that it is clean, and that there's no dirt or oils that could be interfering with touch. Also check that there's no apparent water damage. (If there is severe damage, you may need a new touch screen.) Try this:
- Take any cases off your device.
- Clean your screen with a lint-free cloth.
- Try unplugging it.
- Try restarting the device.
In addition, make sure there's nothing oily or wet on your fingers that could be causing you to be unable to swipe properly.
Adjust 3D Touch Settings for iPhone 6s and Later Devices
If your device is just not responding to 3D touch, then you should check out your 3D touch settings and make sure that they are sensitive enough. Here is how you do this:
(1) Go to Settings on your device.
(2) Tap General.
(3) Go to Accessibility.
(4) Go to 3D Touch.
(5) Now you can adjust the settings.
Hard Reset Your Device to Fix iPhone Touch Screen Issues
If nothing else has worked so far, you might want to perform a hard reboot. This can fix a wide variety of issues. Here is how you perform a hard reboot:
(1) Press and hold the Volume Down button (or the Home Button if your iPhone is 6s or earlier generation) while also holding the Power Button.
(2) Wait until you see the Apple logo, then let go.
(3) When your device boots back up, most of the time, everything will be back to normal at this point. Rebooting your device will usually fix this issue. If not, though, try the next solution.
Fix iPhone Touch Screen Problems by Refreshing iOS 11
This may seem a little extreme, but it's the best way if nothing else is working. You can reinstall your OS and fix software problems very easily using a tool called iMyFone iOS System recovery. This application helps you get your iOS devices back to normal, even if you've encountered a variety of issues. Its features include:
- The ability to repair your iOS device, including iPhone X and iPhone 8, without data loss.
- Repair serious issues that normal troubleshooting won't fix, such as Touch ID not working, iPhone apps crashing after iOS 11 update and more.
- Unlock your iPhone.
- It is totally compatible with the latest iOS 11.
How to Refresh iOS 11 on Your Device with iMyFone iOS System Recovery
Here is how you can fix the issue that iPhone touch screen not working after iOS 11 update using iMyFone iOS System Recovery:
(1) Plug your device into your computer and launch iMyFone iOS System Recovery.
(2) You need to choose Standard mode. And then the program will go into DFU mode or Recovery mode.
Go into DFU mode by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for around 10 seconds. Let go of the Sleep/Wake button at this time, but continue holding onto the Home button for an additional 5 seconds.
To go into Recovery mode, press and hold these same two buttons, but wait until you see the "Connect to iTunes" icon come up on the screen.
(3) Next, you will have to download the firmware for your device. The System Recovery application will automatically detect it for you and all you have to do is click Download.
(4) Click Start to Fix, and then the software will do the rest for you. Do not unplug your device during this process. Wait until it is done, then see if your device works normally.
Factory Reset Your iPhone to Solve Siri Not Working
If all else fails, try a factory reset. This is kind of a final resort. Before you reset, make sure to back up your data either using iTunes, iCloud, or a third-party app like iMyFone D-Port Pro (which allows you selectively back up iPhone data you need). Next, go through these steps:
(1) Go to Settings on your device.
(2) Tap General.
(3) Tap Reset.
(5) You will be asked for your passcode as well as your Apple ID. Enter them.
(6) Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
If you want to erase your data securely so that it is unrecoverable, you should use iMyFone Umate Pro instead.
If your touchscreen isn't working after an update, this could be a sign of many possible issues. Following the advice above should fix the problem most of the time if it's a software issue. However, if it is a hardware issue, you will have to contact Apple and possibly have your screen replaced.