Many people may be confused about how to transfer LINE chat history. This real problem starts when you need to change your mobile phone. Imagine having a meaningful discussion with your client through chat, and it got erased after the exchange process causing discomforts in your life. Like we have discussed moving WhatsApp chat history. We will talk about how you can exchange Line chat history from iPhone to Android to solve this problem.
- Part 1: Transfer LINE Chat History from iPhone to Android via Email
- Part 2: Move LINE Chat History from iPhone to Android via Evernote
- Part 3. Backup LINE Chat History from iPhone to Android via 'KEEP'
- Part 4. Export LINE Chat History from iPhone to Android via BackupTrans
- Part 5. Use iTransor for LINE to Transfer Chat History
- Part 6. FAQs about LINE Chat History
Part 1: Transfer LINE Chat History from iPhone to Android via Email
Although LINE mentions on their site that they do not allow migration of any content from iPhone to Android or vice versa if you don't need any third-party App, there is a sidestep that you can use with few easy steps using Line's official features. Here are easy steps for this process:
- Step 1: Launch the LINE App using the springboard of your iPhone.
- Step 2: Now, select the chats that you wish to transfer and tap on the ^ option on the top right corner. Then, select "Settings".
- Step 3: Now select, "Export Chat History" option. The chat history will be exported as plain text through your iPhone.
- Step 4: Use email to transfer your chat history from iPhone to Android.
- Step 5: Now, on your Android phone, open the chat history file you have received via email. Your chat history is finally exported from iPhone to Android.
Part 2: Move LINE Chat History from iPhone to Android via Evernote
Another option to move your chat from iPhone to Android or vice versa is using any transfer App. As you can't restore your conversation on either of your phone, so you must transfer it using a transfer App. "Evernote" is also a transferring App used to export the chat from one phone to another using a straightforward method. Steps include:
- Step 1: Run the LINE app and select the chats you wish to export.
- Step 2: On the top-right corner, tap on the ^ option and select "Chat Settings".
- Step 3: Tap "Backup Chat History" and then "Backup as a Text File".
- Step 4: Now here, select "Add to Evernote" to save the export chat as plain text.
- Step 5: Now, tap on the "three dots" and then select the option of "View".
Now you will see your chat using a text viewer. However, you can't see any stickers or photos by using this option.
Part 3: Backup LINE Chat History from iPhone to Android via 'KEEP'
Backup of the selected apps can also be done by using "KEEP," but it can't save the whole chat history. KEEP has an easy method for protecting your chat. Moreover, it saved your chat even if the mobile model has been changed. However, not showing the sender's name includes in its demerit. Step by step process to save your file is:
Tap and select the message you want to save and tap on the "Save in KEEP" option. You can also select more than one message at a single time and can save them using KEEP.
If you want to view the saved Line messages on your new phone, open your profile page from your "friends" page and select "KEEP." Here, you can view all the saved messages and can edit them as well.
Part 4: Export LINE Chat History from iPhone to Android via BackupTrans
Another software that can save your time and energy with simple, easy, and efficient steps is " BackupTrans". BackupTrans use a simple method in easy steps to export your Line chat from iPhone to Android without having any technical complexities. The step-by-step process is:
- Step 1: Download and install BackupTrans on your computer.
- Step 2: Connect your Line logged-in iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Step 3: The software will then load all your data from iOS to the computer and show you its main display.
- Step 4: Right-click iPhone from the devices list and backup all of your Line chat on the computer. It will export all your conversations in the backup folder.
- Step 5: Now, attach your android phone and copy the chats from the backup folder to the android phone. This will take some time so you can.
- Step 6: Now, download the LINE app on your android phone and logged in with the same account you used on your iPhone.
- Step 7: Now launch LINE on your android phone. Go to "chat settings" and click on the contact whose chat you wished to restore.
- Step 8: Lastly, go to "Setting" and tap on "import chat history" to import and access your chats. Repeat this process with every contacts' chat you wished to restore.
Part 5: Use iTransor for LINE to Transfer Chat History
Next, we'll share an effective way for you to export LINE chat in one go.
iTransor for LINE is a LINE management tool that supports the latest iPhone 13 and iOS 15 systems. Use it to not only backup, transfer, and recover your LINE chats, but also export them to HTML, PDF, CSV / XLS formats.
After exporting and saving these LINE chats, you can read them on your Android device. If you export chats in HTML format, you can read them in any browser with media files.
Step 1.First, make sure that the iTransor for LINE has installed and your iPhone is well connected to the computer. Choose 'Backup LINE data from Android and iOS devices' option. Then click 'Start'.
Step 2.Then the software will automatically start to backup your iPhone LINE chat history, you just need to wait a little bit.
NotesPlease hit 'Trust this computer' on iPhone and allow the permissions that iTransor requests.
Step 3.After the backup is completed, you can click 'Read and export LINE data from iTransor backup'. All the backups you have created using this software will appear in this list. Select the backups you need, view the detailed data, and select only the content you want to export. Then select the format and location for the data you want to export on your computer, and finally click 'Export'.
Part 6: FAQs about LINE Chat History
1How do I transfer my chat history from iPhone to Samsung?
Chat history can easily be transferred using email. You just need to launch the Line app and export its chat history. Transfer it through email and open it on your Android phone to save it.
2How do I import LINE chat history on Android?
LINE chat history can easily be transferred or imported on an Android phone by simply using email and different transfer software. Look above for the detailed procedures.
3How do I transfer my LINE chat history to my new iPhone?
You can use your email account for the procedure. Also, a transfer software can be used to import/export or transfer LINE chats from Android to iPhone or vice versa. Look above for the detailed process.
LINE is a sophisticated and user-friendly messaging app, but it does not support the transfer of chats. Different methods and guidelines are introduced for the users, which allow them to transfer. It includes email process as well as using additional Transfer Software such as Evernote, KEEP, and BackupTrans. All these software transfer the chats in a step-by-step and easy procedure without causing any technical difficulties.