Apple devices are pretty popular, and several users have successfully been using the devices. One such device is the Macbook whose default browser is Safari. Some users have constantly reported the problem of their Mac's Safari browser not functioning properly. The phenomena may be slow to open the web page, the Safari may stop working sometimes or plug-ins do not work and so on.
These are some of the normal phenomena after a long period of work, there is no need to panic. Such functionality issues can be easily solved by resetting Safari. Apple earlier had given the option of resetting Safari with a single click. This feature was removed recently as such an abrupt reset of Safari started affecting its performance further.
This article details how you can easily reset Safari browser on your Mac system without detrimentally affecting its functionality.
1. Make Sure What Will be Removed If You Reset on Mac
At times, you may have noticed that the Safari browser on your Mac system is running slower than usual. The pages would not be loading fast enough, and the browser may be shutting down unexpectedly. Then we will make a decision to reset Safari setting. But you really know what is Safari browser resetting and what things will be reset? Resetting Safari actually is to factory reset Safari. Which means this will perform a wide variety of actions on your web browser, including:
- All advanced settings will revert to their default configuration.
- User names and passwords will have to be reentered.
- The default search engine and saved search engines will be reset to their original defaults.
- Homepage button will be hidden and the URL that you previously set will be removed.
- Default startup tabs will be cleared.
- New Tab page settings will be reset.
- Content settings will be cleared and reset to their installation defaults.
- Cookies and site data will be cleared.
- Extensions, themes and plugins will be disabled.
2. How to Easily Reset Safari without Opening It?
Instead of manually deleting the above things one by one on the Safari browser, you can use a better solution for the same. You can reset all this data through iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner.
This is an all-in-one tool which has been specifically designed to remove unwanted files and data from your system and improve its performance drastically.
Advantages of using iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner
- Very easily and safely to remove the extensions, browsing data, cache and other things which are needed to reset Safari browser.
- The files are scanned and organized based on type for ease of access and deletion.
- The scanning and deleting speed is very fast.
- 100% reliable and effective. It will not cause any harm to the system's running.
How to use iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner to Reset Safari
You can follow the steps given below to know how to reset Safari using this tool.
1: First, you should download and install the App. After installing the program, go to "Erase Private Data", then click on "Scan" and select the "Online Traces" tab from the results. Here displayed all data from "Safari" and you can click on "Erase" after you make the selection.
2: After this, go to "Manage App & Extensions", click on "View Items" below "Remove Extensions", then click on "Safari Extensions" and remove the selected data by clicking on "Remove".
This is how easy it is to reset Safari with the help of this tool. All can be done with just a few clicks instead of having to find one by one and delete them manually. Of course, if you still want to see how to manually reset Safari to default settings, here are some ways to do it.
3. If You Reset Safari without Umate Mac Cleaner
If you do not want to use iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner, you will then have to delete the data one by one which is much more time consuming, and there is room for error as well.
1. Clear Safari History
From the "History" option, go to "Clear History and Website Data", click on "Clear History" from the drop-down menu and then select all the items and press "Delete".
2. Clear Safari Cache
Go to "Safari", click on "Preferences" and from the "Advanced" option click on the box in front of "Show Develop menu in menu bar" to enable it.
From the drop-down menu of the "Develop" option, click on "Empty Caches".
3. Remove Safari Extensions
From "Safari", go to "Preferences" and then select each extension and click on "Uninstall" to remove it or disable it.
4. Switch off or Delete Plug-ins
From "Safari", go to "Preferences", click on "Websites" and deselect all the listed plug-ins from the bottom part of the window. If you want to delete the plug-ins, press and hold Cmd-A to select all the listed plug-ins and then press and hold Delete to delete all of them at once.
You may have to reset your Safari due to performance issues cropping up in your Mac system. You can use the above methods to know how to reset Safari settings easily.
However, instead of resetting each and everything, you can use iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner to reset all the items of Safari at once. This is an excellent tool which is built-in with all the functionalities which are designed to improve Mac's performance to a great extent and hence is highly recommended in this case.