Razer Synapse is an application that saves all your presets and preferences for all the Razer peripherals on your Mac devices. This tool is installed automatically if you use any of the Razer peripherals. You can uninstall Razer Synapse if you are not interested in keeping these settings.
However, the uninstall process is prone to experience errors and failure. To avoid an imperfect uninstall of Razer Synapse, we prepared a detailed guide to help you uninstall and remove all the files properly. Let's see how to do it!
1. Uninstall Razer Synapse Manually
The first recommended action would be to uninstall Razer Synapse using the uninstaller tool. Yet, this is prone to fail in many ways since it may be hard for you to find the uninstaller tool.Another case that can happen is that the uninstaller does not work properly. This incomplete uninstall could lead to many issues which need to be solved with a proper uninstall of the app.
In any case, you may still wonder how we can use the manual uninstall method to uninstall Razer Synapse successfully.If you already tried the uninstaller and it failed, then here is a detailed guide:
- First, close any other process of this application running before starting. To do so, open the Applications and unfold the utility tab. Proceed to make double-click on the Activity Monitor.
- Among the unfolded running processes, search for the ones named after “Razer Synapse”.
NoteOnce you find one or several in the list. You can notice which processes are running if the application process is keeping resources of your Mac hogged.
- Select all the Razer synapse processes you found working and press the "Quit Process" option at the bottom of the toolbar.
- With all the processes closed, go to the Applications folder and search for the "Razer Synapse app" folder and Mrop it into the Trash.
- Then use the Finder to launch the"Go" menu and type the following location: /Library/Application Support/Razer.
- Once you are on this location, drag the whole folder into the Trash.
- Then return to the "Go" location text search and type "~/Library/Cache"
- On the destination folder, proceed to search and erase the following files: RzAudioSettings.framework, RzSkinToolkit.framework, RzStorageSDK.framework.
- Lastly, open the "Lybrary" and enter to the Extensions. Once there, delete the "RazerHid.kext".
Delete Razer Synapse Software via Native Uninstaller
We mentioned that the Razer Synapse was hard to uninstall using the native uninstaller. The native uninstaller is the own uninstaller included once you install certain app. If you do not know how to execute it properly, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to Applications. Proceed to open the Utilities tab.
- On the options that will unfold, search for "Uninstall Razer Synapse".
- If you find the option, double click over it and it will launch the Native uninstaller. If it works properly then you will not require to do any manual installation.
Special Software for Razer Synapse Uninstalling -- iMyfone Mac Cleaner
As you can see on the previous instructions, doing a manual uninstall can be such a hassle that there is many steps that could be missed. It is not easy to dedicate your time into doing multiple uninstall process. But there is another alternative that will save you lots of time and complications: Using a cleaner tool like iMyFone Mac Cleaner.
Main features of Umate Mac Cleaner:
- Help youspeed up your Mac by deleting all the unused files like old Launch Agents.
- Clean up and uninstall any application safely and selectively.
- Locates and deletes large files with sizes over 50MB for free.
- Manage all your unused apps and extensions in case you want to uninstall Razer Synapse due to lack of use.
You can use iMyFone Mac Cleaner to uninstall razer synapse in few steps. To do so here is a brief guide to help you use this tool:
- Download and install the iMyFone Mac Cleaner and then click the "Manage App & Extensions" tab on the left.
- On the windows displayed proceed to click the "View Items" on “Unninstall Applications” segment.
- It will require some minutes for your Mac to load all the apps installed until the date. You will be displayed the install date, size and Use Frequency of apps.
- Once you find Razer Synapse on the list, click on "Uninstall" at the end of that line. And it will be done. The cleaner will do all the work and it will uninstall Razer Synapse from your Mac.
Bonus Tips: How to Remove Launch Agents
One extra measure you could do while doing a manual uninstall of Razer Synapse is to manually uninstall the Launch Agents. This removal is useful to keep your Mac efficient and well maintained. It will also prevent any system crash. It is a good habit to keep making sure you are not keeping any unnecessary files keeping your memory and resources hogged.
Just follow these instructions to remove the launch agent:
- Go to the "Finder" and open the "Go" menu by clicking on the option with the same name.
- By doing so, a text box will open. Then you need to type the following "/Library/Launch Agents".
- On the destination folder, you will see all the Launching agents off all the applications. You need to search for the two following agents: "com.razer.rzupdater.plist file" and "com.razerzone.rdeviceengine.plist"
- Drag those Launchers Agents to the Trash and then empty the trash to delete them for good.
FAQ you may have when uninstall Razer Synapse
1How do I completely remove Razer Synapse?
The manual uninstall of Razer Synapse on Mac allows you to quit any process running, as well as delete all the app information, cache and launch agent. You might as well use the native uninstaller but it might not work properly.
2Should I delete Razer Synapse?
If you are using any Razer product or peripheral then it is recommended to keep this app. If by any reason you are sure that you will not use any more Razer product in the future, then you could just leave the app. It is not indispensable to delete it.
3Does Razer Synapse not work on Mac?
The latest Synapse 3 is not supported by the Mac OS machines. Only some of the Razer Synapse 2 versions are supported by some versions of Mac OS. To make sure your Mac machine is supported, make sure to investigate the detailed compatibilities.
As you can see, if you choose delete Razer Synapse by yourself, the procession is a little bit complicated. We highly recomended you use the third-party App Umate Mac Cleaner. to finish it! Try it now!