[Full Guide] How to Use Hulu on Computer?
Category: Mirror Tips
4 mins read
Hulu is one of the best streaming apps that uploads top TV shows and movies for its viewers. The vast collection of its shows and movies is one main reason its subscribers grow exponentially with each passing day. You can watch your favourite sitcoms, TV shows, and new movies on the Hulu app on your mobile phone.
However, do you also wonder how to use Hulu app on computer, stream videos on Hulu from phone to PC, or download the Hulu app for Windows or Mac? This guide give you the help.
In this article:
- Part 1: How to Use Hulu on PC/Mac
- Part 2: How to Stream Hulu Videos from Phone to PC
- Part 3: How to Fix Hulu on Windows 10 Not Working
- Part 4: How to Make a PC Play Hulu Flash Better and Faster
- Part 5: FAQs about Watching Hulu on PC
Part 1: How to Use Hulu on PC
1. MirrorTo Lite
If you have the Hulu app on your phone but want to watch your favourite TV show on the computer without having to use a mouse, you can use a screen mirroring app - MirrorTo Lite.
- Cast phone screen on PC.
- Control phone screen from PC.
Steps to use Hulu on computer with MirrorTo Lite:
1. Download & install MirrorTo Lite on your computer. Launch the app and select Android system.
2. Connect your Android phone to the PC with a USB cable.
3. Choose your phone device from the list of devices shown on your computer and then click on "Transfer Files".
4. Go to phone Settings > Software Information > Build Number. Click on it 7 times, and enable USB debugging.
5. Then go back to Settings. You will see Developer options. Tap it and enable USB debugging.
5. The MirrorTo app on your PC will ask for permission to work. Click on the "Turn On" button.
6. Now you can view and control your Android screen on your PC. You can access your Android apps freely.
Watch Video Tutorial to Fake Location Easily on iPhone
Get MirrorTo up to 40% OFF in Black Friday: MTBF88
2. via Web Browser
Why install the application when you can directly access it on a website? It takes less than a second to open and play your favourite movie from the official website of Hulu on PC. All you have to do is visit Hulu.com and sign-up to create a new account.
If you have a Spotify premium account, you can stream Hulu premium for free. To activate your free Hulu account, follow the following steps:
1. Go to the "Your Services" page on your Spotify.
2. Press on the activate button next to the Hulu icon.
3. Then log in to your Hulu account.
2. Download Hulu for PC/Mac
Hulu is available on the Microsoft Store. So, you do not have to install a third-party app to watch Hulu on your computer. You can install these apps directly on Windows in six simple steps.
1. Open the Microsoft Store app on your computer. It is available in the Start Menu.
2. There is a search bar in the upper-right corner. Type “Hulu” in that search bar.
3. Once you hit Enter, Microsoft Store will show a list of apps to download. You will find Hulu on the first number with a green-black icon.
4. Click on the Get button.
5. Your Hulu app will start downloading.
6. It will be installed automatically on your PC.
Other than Bluestacks and KO player, MEmu App Player is one of the high-performing Android Emulators. You can use this player to download and install Hulu app on your computer.
Let's check how to do it:
1. Open your web browser and download MEmu.
2. Search Hulu app directly from MEmu Player.
3. You will need download the apk. file of Hulu.
4. Then Hulu app will sucessfully be installed on your MEmu.
5. You can create your new Hulu account from here.
Sometimes the application does not start downloading automatically. There is a "Click Here" button just below the "Download" button if it happens to you. Once you click on it, the file will start downloading.
Part 2: How to Use Hulu on PC
If you want to cast Hulu videos to PC without a projector, you can use iMyFone MirrorTo, which is screen-mirroring software with TV casting feature.
- Stream TV shows and movies from your phone to PC without a projector.
- Record the mirroring screen on PC with one click.
Steps to stream TV shows from phone to PC without a projector:
1. Download MirrorTo from the officail website.
2. Launch it and click TV
3. On your Hulu app, tap the shows you want to watch and tap the TV casting icon.
4. Choose iMyFone MirrorTo, then you can see your Hulu videos on the PC with high quality.
5. You can watch TV shows and use phones without any limitations at the same time.
Part 3: How to Fix Hulu App on PC Not Working
Hulu is a fast streaming app, but sometimes users complain that their application is not working. It can be due to three main reasons:
- The Hulu server is down.
- There is a problem with your operating system.
- There is too much load on your computer.
- Your Hulu app is not updated.
If you have made sure the server is not down, you need to focus on the second possible cause. To fix the second problem, go to the Windows Store apps troubleshooter. It will scan your operating system and PC for any problem. It will then automatically suggest a solution. Once the particular problem is solved, refresh the app. Hopefully, it will start to work.
If the first method does not show any problem, you need to close all the background apps. Closing the background software will help your PC run Hulu smoothly.
If both methods don’t work, you need to update the Hulu software.
Steps to follow:
1. Go to Microsoft Store and search "Hulu" in the search bar.
2. Just on the other side of the icon, instead of the "Get" button, you will see an "3. Update" button.
4. Click on this button. The app will start updating itself.
5. Close the Hulu app and restart it.
Part 4: How to Make a PC Play Hulu Flash Better and Faster
A choppy or pixelated playback while watching your favourite TV show is a real bummer. This is why we are here to tell you some secret tips to improve and optimize your Hulu playback.
System & Network Requirements
If your Hulu playback is not running smoothly, you need to check if your hardware and network meet all of the Hulu requirements. First of all, update your web browser to the latest version, whether Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Next, increase your network speed. You need 3 Mbps for streaming HD videos on your Hulu account. If you have access to 1.5 Mbps, you get just the basic streaming.
If your PC meets all the above requirements but still has poor playback on Hulu, you need to check your bandwidth usage. Some applications such as online games, DropBox, and Skype consume a significant portion of bandwidth.
If any of these apps are running in the background, your Hulu will have choppy playback. Therefore, you should close all these programs while watching Hulu on the computer.
Lowering video quality on Hulu boosts playback and improves the streaming experience. It is because less resolution videos use lesser bandwidth and thus put less load on the PC.
If no other option improves your playback speed, adjust the flash setting in the Hulu app. It is how you do it:
Steps to follow:
1. Right-click on a video and open "Settings" from there.
2. Go to the "Display" option.
3. There is an "Enable Hardware Acceleration" button. Deselect it.
4. Restart your app.
Part 5: FAQs about Hulu on PC
Streaming Hulu on a computer is super fun and super easy only if you know the right way to do it. Hulu app is available on Windows for website download and Microsoft Store as an official application. You can also MirrorTo Lite or emulators to watch Hulu on a computer running on macOS or GNU. Once installed, you can binge-watch your favourite shows or movies on the fastest-streaming Hulu app.