iPod has become very common these days because they perfectly cater to your needs of carrying our favorite music to everywhere. Our commutes and everyday task will be very boring without the existence of music. After buying an iPod, transferring music to it can be a problem for some people. Here are a number of ways to transfer music to your iPod nano with ease.
Part 1: How to Add Music to iPod Nano?
Method 1: Add Music to iPod Nano With iTunes
- Download and Install iTunes on your computer if you don’t already have it installed.
- Connect your iPod to the computer by the USB cable provided with iPod. If iTunes is not already running, it will start once you plug the iPod in.
- After you have plugged in the iPod, select your iPod in iTunes.
- Once your iPod is connected, iPod management screen will appear that has a number of tabs to carry out different functions. Select the ‘music’ tab and when you click on it and a number of options will appear.
- Check “Sync Music“ and click "Sync" button.
This method is not simple and beneficial. Sometimes, your iPod doesn’t sync with iTunes and ends up wasting your time and energy. Also when you download songs from iTunes, it overwrites the music already present in your iPod causing you to lose data.
Method 2:Sync Music to iPod Nano via a USB Connection
- Connect your iPod to computer.
- Connect a USB to your computer having desired music files.
- Go to my computer and select the iPod.
- Click the ‘tools’ option on the top of file manager window and go down to ‘folder options’.
- Click on ‘show hidden files and folders’.
- Find the folder named ‘iPod_control’ and then find the music folder. Your songs go to this folder.
- Copy or drag the files from the connected USB drive to this folder.
- The file will be transferred from USB drive to your iPod.
Method 3: Add Music to Your iPod Nano Without iTunes
iMyFone TunesMate is an application that allows you to have control over your music. It can help you transfer music and all other kinds of files to and from iOS device and computer. It is a simple alternative to iTunes with a number of other functions. It allows you to copy music to your iPod without losing any previous data. It simply sets your iOS device free. Also back up your files in the mean time. Check the detailed guide below.
- Download and install iMyFone TunesMate on your computer.
- Connect your iPod to your computer via USB cable.
- Open iMyFone TunesMate app and click the ‘Music’ tab on the top.
- Songs will appear on the screen. Select the ones you want to transfer to your iPod by clicking “Export To ”.
- Click "Export to PC" or “Export to iTunes Library" to add music to iPod.
Part 2: Tips to Get iTunes Music for Free
- In Amazon’s huge online music store, there is an option available for free downloads.Go to iTunes store, and search for free music.
- There are a number of apps available that deliver free music to your iTunes library. Some offer a huge collection while others have a small pick. Download one such app to get free music for your library. Examples are 8tracks radio and band of the day.
- Apple music is pre installed into your device. Though it is not free you have to eventually subscribe to get music but initial 90 days offer you a free trial in which you can access the music of your choice without paying anything.