With all the amazing features made available for iPhone 6 users ranging from excellent performance, superb camera, and good battery life, wouldn’t it be more awesome if you could add to the list by having your own ringtone? Now that’s something interesting! What’s more? You don’t have to be a computer guru to successfully make ringtones for iPhone 6. It’s as simple as it can get, and it’s not time consuming. Now, to answer the question “how to create ringtones for iPhone 6” we are going to show you two easy ways to achieve this. Read on to find out.
Part 1: Create Ringtones for iPhone 6 on iTunes and Transfer iTunes Ringtones to iPhone (for Old iTunes)
iTunes after version 12.7 has Tones tab hidden, which makes it difficult to transfer iTunes ringtones to iPhone. If you are still using old iTunes, you can use method below to transfer ringtones from iTunes to iPhone after creating ringtones on iTunes.
Step 1Choose Your Desired Song
On iTunes, find the song and right-click on it. From the drop-down menu, select Get Info.
Step 2Set Start and Stop Time for the Song
- To set a start time and stop time for the song, click on the Options Tab.
- Check the start and stop boxes and then set your ringtone start and stop time (max is 30 seconds). Doing this allows you to set a portion of the song to use as ringtone.
- After setting the time, click OK.
Step 3Make an AAC Version
- Now, we have to make an AAC version of the song you selected. Select the song and click on Menu Bar >> File >> Convert >> Create AAC Version. This will make a copy of that exact section of the song we altered.
- If it’s properly done, you should have a copy of the song. But this will be a shorter version.
- Next is to go back to the original song and reset the start and stop time you set.
Step 4Locate the AAC Version You Created
- Find the song you converted just now, right-click on it and select Show in Windows Explorer (For PC), or Show in Finder (For MAC).
- It’ll show up in your finder window as an .m4a file extension.
Step 5Convert to Ringtone
- Click on the song and rename the extension from .m4a to .m4r.
- By renaming the file extension, you’re changing the song to a ringtone
Step 6Erase the AAC Version
- Go back to iTunes software, find the recently converted AAC version. Right-click and click on Delete.
- You’ll get a pop-up with three options Cancel, Keep File, and Move to Trash. Choose Keep File.
Step 7Add to iTunes Tones Library
- Go back to Finder Window (For MAC) or Windows Explorer (For PC).
- Double-click on the renamed file with the .m4r extension to automatically move the ringtone to iTunes Tones Library.
Step 8Add Song to Your iPhone
- Plug in your iPhone to connect to iTunes.
- Under your device, select Tones and tap Sync All Tones.
- Click on Sync at the bottom of your screen.
- Once it’s done, open your iPhone and go to Settings >> Sounds & Haptics >> Ringtone to find your newly created iPhone 6 ringtone.
Note: To make your own ringtone iPhone, repeat this for as many songs you want.
Part 2: Create Ringtones for iPhone 6 with iTunes Alternative (Get Rid of iTunes Limitations)
iTunes has many limitations. As is mentioned earlier, that the hidden Tones tab makes it difficult to transfer ringtones from iTunes to iPhone. In most cases, it would be better to get rid of iTunes limitations. Here we make use of an iTunes alternative. iMyFone TunesMate helps you manage your playlists, photos, videos, music, ringtone, and other media files on your iPhone professionally. With this software, there are no restrictions. It helps you bypass all the frustrating iTunes and iPhone restrictions. Plus, it gives you a perfect and easy way to create ringtones for iPhone 6 like a pro.
- You now have options to set the start and stop time manually or automatically, while listening to the music.
- For your selected ringtone, you can include an extra fade in and fade out feature for a more thrilling experience.
- You can create customized ringtones from any song of your choice both on your iPhone or computer.
- Two-Way Transfer: Add ringtones to iPhone for free. You can also extract ringtones from iPhone, either purchase or non-purchase.
- Zero data loss when you sync iTunes files to iPhone.
Step-by-step guide to create ringtones and save on iPhone 6 with iMyFone TunesMate:
Step 1Launch TunesMate software on your computer, and connect your iPhone to computer with a USB cable.
Step 2Tap the Music Tab, click on Ringtones, and then select Ringtone Maker.
Step 3Select your desired song from the Local Music or Device Music options.
Step 4The chosen song will begin to play. This is to allow you choose the start and stop time.
Step 5When it’s done, click Ringtone Audition to preview.
Step 6Click Save to Device to save the created ringtone into your iPhone 6.
Part 3: How to Assign Different Ringtones for Different Contacts Manually on iPhone
To assign custom ringtones to different contacts on your iPhone, follow these steps:
Step 1Launch the Phone app by clicking on it.
Step 2Select the Contacts Menu at the bottom center of the screen.
Step 3Choose the contact you want to assign a custom ringtone.
Step 4At the top right corner of your screen, click on Edit. This will make the contact info editable.
Step 5Under email you’ll find the Ringtone option. Click on it.
Step 6A list of all existing ringtones on your iPhone will be displayed. Ranging from default ringtones, to the custom created ones. From the list, choose the ringtone you want to set.
Step 7After selecting, click Done to save. If this is done correctly, the set ringtone will be played whenever that person calls you.
See? I told you this wasn’t going to take time! Hope we were able to answer your question on how to make ringtones for iPhone 6. Let us know if it worked for you in the comment area below.