Why? The reason why Apple sets this limitation is clear: Control. They want to be able to control what you do with your music because they want to make sure that you only have songs that you purchased in their official store.
What’s Limitations of Using iTunes to Put Music on iPod?
Besides what’s mentioned above, there are other disadvantages to using iTunes:
- You can only transfer music that you bought in Apple’s proprietary store.
- You can’t pick and choose which songs you want to transfer.
- You can’t transfer just a few songs.
- iTunes writes over your existing data.
- You can’t preview the music before transferring it.
- You can’t edit the music before transferring it.
- You can’t put music to iPod directly from computer.
- You can sync your iPod to only one iTunes library, or you will lost data.
How to Put Music on iPod/iPod touch without iTunes from Another iTunes Library
Instead of using iTunes, a better approach is to use third-party device management software like iMyFone TunesMate. This is a versatile application can put music on iPod without iTunes. It can also transfer music from your iPod to your computer or your iTunes playlist, and you can transfer the songs one at a time or in bulk if you wish. You can preview each file before you transfer as well.
There are tons of advantages of using TunesMate over iTunes. Just a few examples include:
- No loss of data because TunesMate preserves the data on your iPod and doesn’t write over it.
- It is not limited to some specific music format.
- You can transfer just 1 songs or all of them with TunesMate.
- You can preview the songs before you transfer them.
- You can transfer just about any kind of music file.
- You can transfer songs that you didn’t necessarily purchase in the official iTunes store.
- You can share music among many devices. iTunes restricts you to 5.
1 How to Put Music to iPod (touch) from iTunes Library
If you want to put music on your iPod/iPod touch from your iTunes library without deleting the data that is on your iPod, just follow these steps:
Step 1: Put TunesMate on your computer. Plug in your iPod, then launch the application.
Step 2: Click “Rebuild iTunes Library” at the home interface and then tick “Music”.
Step 3: Click on the “Transfer” button.
This will allow you to send your songs from your iTunes library without compromising your data.
2 How to Put Music to iPod (touch) from Computer
Of course, if you wish to put music on an iPod without iTunes directly from computer, TunesMate can make what you wish easily. Here are the steps for putting music on your iPod without iTunes from your from your computer:
Step 1: Download TunesMate and put it on your PC, then plug in your device.
Step 2: Click on the “Music” tab, then you will be in the category of “Music”.
Step 3: Click on “Add > Add File/Folder” and go to where you locate the music on computer. Then, you can click “Open” and then add them to your iPod.
In addition to these great capabilities when it comes to music, TunesMate has other wonderful features that make it far superior to iTunes:
- You can edit certain files, like songs, before you transfer.
- You can preview your files before you transfer.
- You can transfer just about any kind of file, including photos, videos, music, and more.
- You can both put files from your computer onto your devices, and transfer files from your devices to your computer.
- It works with many different kinds of iOS devices, and with either Windows or OSX.
- You have control over your files and can share them with an unlimited amount of devices.
- You can easily back up your files.
- You can transfer to and from your iTunes playlist easily, with no restrictions.
So if freedom and convenience is a priority for you, TunesMate is the perfect application.