If you want to import iTunes media files to iPhone, you might think of iTunes without hesitation. However, some of the most common errors that occur while importing from iTunes is that:
- iTunes crashes while syncing from Apps or the iTunes store.
- iTunes gets frozen on waiting for items to copy.
- iPhone/iPod etc. cannot be recognized by iTunes.
These errors can be a real pain while importing from iTunes; however most of them have relatively easy solutions. This article will show you some easy ways to import iTunes Library to iPhone/PC/Spotify.
Part 1: Import iTunes Library to iPhone
It isn’t really that difficult to import your iTunes library to your phone, you just need to know the right way to do it.
Solution 1: Manually syncing your library to your iPhone
- Connect your phone to your computer.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and then open it.
- Select the what you want to move to your phone.
- Drag the content to your device in the left sidebar.
That’s how you can import iTunes library to your iPhone, and manually transfer content. However, there are quite a few problems associated with this. Sometimes your iTunes crashes, or your device won’t sync with iTunes. The latter usually happens when you haven’t updated your device, and even if you don’t want to upgrade to the latest iOS version, you’ll have to so that your device can sync. This just makes the whole transfer process more complicated and annoying. Sometimes even all the data from your iPhone gets erased when you are attempting to sync your library, thus a better alternative is to use iMyFoneTunesMate.
Solution 2: Using TunesMate
iMyFone TunesMate is a brilliant iTunes rebuilder and iPhone manager. It helps you transfer videos, music and photos from iPhone to iTunes and iPhones to iTunes. It also lets you back up your iPhone data safely on your computer. It can also be used to manage Apps on your device with just one click.
Key features of iMyFone TunesMate:
The transfer process itself is fairly simple. To start off with you need TunesMate.
- Download TunesMate to your computer, then connect your iPhone.
- Click on ‘transfer iTunes media to iDevice’.
- Then select all the files you wish to import to your phone, and click "Transfer".
That’s how you can safely import iTunes library to your phone without having to worry about losing all the data on your phone or having to deal with iTunes repeatedly crashing.
Part 2: Import iTunes Library to a New Computer
Solution 1: Manually transfer your library to a new computer
This is an easy process. However directions for how to import the library vary between Windows and Macbooks. We’ll explain both processes.
- Download the latest version of iTunes.
- Make sure you update your backup or make a new one to make sure that all your data transfers and that there are no errors.
- Navigate to >Users>username>My Music>iTunes.
- Take the iTunes folder from here and drop it on to your desktop.
- Next find the external drive on your new computer.
- Open the external drive folder and drag the iTunes folder from there to your new computer.
The process is almost the same:
- Use Migration Assistant for Mac.
- Go to finder: Users > Username > Music > iTunes > iTunes Library.itl.
- Select External disks and devices.
- Open the Music folder and drag the iTunes folder to desktop.
- Open the external drive on your desktop.
- Then move the iTunes folder from there to music folder.
Solution 2: Using TunesMate
TunesMate can also help you import iTunes library to a new computer just in three simple steps.
- Open TunesMate and connect your iphone to a computer, click on ‘transfer iTunes media to iDevice’.
- Choose the files you want to transfer.
- Then connect your iphone to a new computer,and click "Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes". It's all done now.
Part 3: Import iTunes Library to Spotify
Here is an easy way to import iTunes library to Spotify.
- Open up your iTunes
- Go to Preferences>Advanced.
- Select “Share iTunes Library XML with other applications”.
- Now go to Spotify to import your Playlists.
- Select File in the menu bar.
- Then click on import playlists from the dropdown menu, select iTunes.
- Copy your music in Local Files and then drag it over to Songs.
To conclude, these are helpful ways to import iTunes library, you can easily bypass iTunes limitations and freely transfer media files between iPhone and PC.