All iPhones of the same model and version come with the same stock ringtones. Now the problem arises when we cannot really tell if it is our iPhone ringing or somebody else’s especially when in public places.
This makes many users fed up and to crave for unique and beautiful ringtones for their iPhone 8/8 Plus/X to match their style, taste, and preference. Don't worry anymore, here we show you how to make and transfer new custom ringtones to your iPhone and the top five free websites where you can download free iPhone 8/X ringtones that suite your mood and taste and help you express your inner self.
Part 1 iPhone 8/X Ringtone Download - Transfer Ringtones to iPhone 8/8 Plus/X using iTunes
When one wants to set or get a favorite song as a custom ringtone, then the question of how to add or transfer a tone to iPhone comes up. You can move your favorite ringtones to iPhone 8/8 Plus/X using iTunes, which is usually the first option for most users, by following the steps below.
- Launch iTunes on your computer and then connect your iPhone 8/8 Plus/X via a USB cable.
- Wait for iTunes to recognize your device and then find the device icon on the top left of the iTunes menu and then click on it.
- On the sidebar menu click on “Tones” which is under the “On My Device.”
- Browse to the location where you have saved the files on your computer and then drag and drop the .m4r ringtone onto the Tones section in iTunes.
- Once you see the ringtones appear on the Tones Section, that means you have successfully transferred them to your iPhone 8/8 Plus/X.
Part 2 iPhone 8/X Ringtone Download - Make New Custom Ringtones for iPhone 8/8 Plus/X
- Freely 2-way transfer transfer music between iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch and iTunes/PC:
- Both free and paid music are supported: transfer free downlaoded music from PC to iPhone.
- No erasing: sync songs securely and efficiently to iPhone/iTunes with no chances of data loss.
- Extract iTunes Music: you even do not need to open iTunes or inputing any iTunes password.
- Custom ringtones: Easily custom any music into your favourite ringtones.
Here are the steps of how to make new custom ringtones with TunesMate.
Step 1: Run the program and connect your iPhone.
Step 2: Select “Music” mode, then choose "Ringtones > Ringtone Maker".
Step 3: Choose a music file from your computer or iPhone.
Step 4: Pick your favourite part of the song as your ringtone by simply dragging the light grey area.
Step 5: You can use "Ringtone Audition" to check your chosen part, then save it to your PC or iPhone. A new ringtone has just made by yourself.
No Custom Ringtones on iPhone 8/8 Plus/X after Restoring Backups? How to Fix?
If by any chance you get to restore your old iDevices backup onto your new iPhone 8/8 Plus/X and then when you try to set a ringtone you get the message that there are no custom ringtones do not panic, here is the fix
- Install the latest iTunes application or update to the most recent version in case you have an older version and then connect the iPhone 8/8 Plus/X with the missing ringtones.
- Once iTunes detect it, you will see it listed in the left Menu. Click on it to open it up.
- Go to and select Tones on the left sidebar and then open it.
- Now go to the top bar on iTunes interface and click on “File” and then “Add File to Library”.
- Using the window that pops out navigate to the location where you have saved your custom ringtones on your computer and then select a file. Do not open it yet. drag and drop it to the Tones area and then go back to the window you had chosen the ringtone from and then click ‘Open.”
- After the file appears in the tones section click on “Summary,” and then on “Sync” the phone and your ringtones will appear on your iPhone 8/X.
Partn 3 iPhone 8/X Free Ringtone Download - Top 5 Websites
The best way to get unique and beautiful ringtones for your iPhone is downloading them from top rated sites online. Currently, there are very many websites out there for iPhone 8/8 Plus/X free ringtone download. Most are known to have much spam and are there to take advantage of the user. Now you might already be asking yourself which websites are creditworthy. Don’t worry, below we have the top five that we believe are the best
Top 1. Zedge.net
Zedge.net is an all rounded online website that provides iPhone 8/X ringtone downloads. It also has some cool wallpapers and games that you can up your iPhone with. When it comes to downloading unique and cool features this website is the one I would prefer most. This is so as all ringtones on this site are free and are very easy to access and requires no registration or sign up. To get the ringtones on your iPhone 8 or X, you can easily download them to your computer and then use iTunes to transfer them, send them to your email and then download them to your iPhone or even scanning the QR Code with no spam.
Top 2. Mob.org
Another credible website where you can get iPhone X ringtone free download is Mob.org. It has a straightforward and easy interface with ringtones arranged according to their genres with a normal, popularity and monthly popularity index. This helps you choose and download the best and unique ringtones on the site by just scanning the QR Code. With mob.org you can easily get unique and beautiful ringtones as you desire with no spam. In addition, you can also download games, wallpapers, themes, and apps
Top 3. Iphoneringtones
This is another great site that lets you browse through all its ringtones collection even without having to sign up. On this site, you can get iPhone 8 ringtones free download at the least time possible with no much hassle. They also offer free wallpaper download. What made me include this site is its simplicity and that you can choose free iPhone ringtones which are divided into four types: according to the alphabet, according to categories, the latest and also the top rated. You can even get phone extras like wallpapers and themes
Top 4. Phonezoo.com
Phone zoo is known for its excellent visual display, simplicity, and appeal to most of its users. To get your best ringtones, you need not spend a single penny on this website as all tones are free for download. It has a search panel that you can use to look for music that best suits your taste and personality. You can also create your own ringtones using the creating panes within the website’s interface. With phonezoo.com all the tones you get are genuinely rated by customers, and you can even rate a ringtone after download yourself.
Top 5. Audiko.net
Our last but not least choice is Audiko.net website. It is another excellent mobile ringtone hub on the internet where you can get iPhone 8 ringtone downloads. With Audiko you can choose ringtones based on various categories such as the most downloaded. Another reason why audiko appeared on our list is its flexibility in allowing you to create custom ringtones according to your preference and taste from the music you love. Downloading ringtones from this site is free and requires no signup