There are many reasons why you might want to transfer video from iPhone to iTunes. Maybe you took video on your iPhone and now you want to send it to your library. Maybe you downloaded a video online and you want to keep it permanently on iTunes or share with your other devices. Transferring video is luckily not complicated process, though there are some methods that are better than others.
How to Transfer iPhone Videos to iTunes
There are a few ways to do this. Let’s first look at the most efficient way, using iMyFone TunesMate.
1 Transfer iPhone Videos to iTunes Directly - 1-Click & for Mac/PC
iMyFone TunesMate is third-party software that makes transferring files to and from your iPhone extremely easy. In fact, it’s easier than using iTunes, and a lot less restrictive. You can transfer video to iTunes without even having to open up the iTunes application.
Here are the steps:
Step 1: Download iMyFone iTunesMate and run it. Plug your iPhone in via USB.
Step 2: On the “Home” tab, click on “Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes”.
Step 3: Click “Start” and it will start scanning for files.
Step 4: Make sure that the the video types you want to transfer are checked, then click “Start” again and it will transfer your videos. Finally, click “OK” when it’s done.
As you can see, it is extremely easy to transfer videos with TunesMate, and you can do it directly without hassle. Not only that, but TunesMate is more powerful than iTunes. You can transfer all of your videos in bulk using the method described above, or you can transfer them one at a time if you would like. TunesMate also helps you manage your videos, and you have the advantage of bi-directional transfer, both to and from your iPhone.
2 Transfer iPhone Videos to Computer and then iTunes - Complicated
Of course, you can also use Apple’s tools to transfer your videos, even if it’s not as efficient. Here’s how to do that:
Step 1: Transfer iPhone Videos to Computer
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac with the USB cable.
- Open the Photos application.
- In the application, click where it says “Photos”, then click where it says “preferences”.
- Check the box next to where it says “iCloud Photo Library”.
- This will sync your computer and your iPhone. Once your Mac and your iPhone are done syncing, your videos should be on your Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC with a USB cable.
- AutoPlay should pop up automatically. When it does, click on “Import pictures and video”.
- Click “Import settings” and then “browse” to choose a folder for the destination.
- Click “OK”, and your files will then be on your PC.
Step 2: Add Videos from Computer to iTunes
Now that you’ve transferred your videos to your computer, you can transfer these videos to iTunes as the final step. Follow this procedure to do this:
- Launch iTunes.
- Go to “File”, then “Add File to Library”.
- Browse for your video, pick which one you want, then click “Open”. Now the video should show up in your iTunes library.
This is a fairy simple process, but as you might have noticed it requires multiple steps if you do it manually. Instead of going through all of this, you can easily just download and install TunesMate and do it all in one step. You save yourself a huge hassle, and you can also easily transfer your files back and forth between your iPhone and your computer.