With incredible android phone models released every other day, you might want to switch from iOS to Android. This makes transferring contacts and other important data from iPhone to Android a very important topic. Can you transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android without loss of data? This article will provide you with more information in regards to transferring iPhone contacts to Android safely.
- Preparation: Back Up iPhone Data before Transfer
- Only Several Contacts to Transfer? Just Migrate Them by Yourself!
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android Device via iCloud
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android via Gmail
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android via iTunes
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android using Google Drive
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android via Cables
- Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android via 3rd Party Tools
- Tip. How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone?
Preparation: Back Up iPhone Data before Transfer
Before starting the transfer process, you should back up your iPhone data first to ensure you do not lose any data in the process. You can have a look at more information on how to create new backup for iPhone without overwriting your old backups.
1. Only Several Contacts to Transfer? Migrate Them Manually!
If you only have a few contacts that you would like to transfer, you can do that by implementing the Share Contact option. You can follow these easy steps:
- Open the Contacts application and choose the ones you would like to transfer.
- Swipe down and select the tab Share Contact.
- Then you can transfer it to your Android device through text or email and save it.
You will have successfully shared you contacts. Remember, if you want to transfer more contacts, for example more than 5 contacts, obviously this method will be time-consuming. Have a look at other ways below.
2. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android Device via iCloud
The other way you can transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android is by implementing one of Apple's services – iCloud. This service is also used to back up iPhone data and restore it. To go about transferring from iPhone to Android using iCloud, just follow these simple steps:
- On your computer, open your web browser and head over to iCloud.com.
- Sign in to your iCloud account using your password and Apple account.
- Open Contacts and select those contacts that you would wish to transfer to your Android.
- You can select specific contacts or all of them by tapping on gear and selecting Select All.
- On the gear, choose Export vCard and the VCF file with your contacts and this will save the VCF file with the contacts on your computer.
- Connect the Android device to your computer and then copy the VCF file to it. Afterward, you will need to transfer the contacts from Contacts to People.
- Remember that you can add contacts to your Android using both People and Contacts app, and then import them from your SD card.
3. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android via Gmail
If you are a regular user of Google's services, there is a way that you can transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android using Gmail. This process is quite easy and you only need to follow these easy steps:
- Using your computer, head over to iCloud.com.
- Choose all the contacts you would like to save. If you want to save all of them, tap on the gear button located on the left and Select All.
- Choose Export vCard and your computer will download the file containing all contacts.
- To transfer the contacts using Gmail, log in to your Google account and choose Contacts.
- On the More menu, choose Import. Select your file and the contacts will be synced to your Android, as far as it is connected to the Google account.
4. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android via iTunes
The other way you can transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android is by implementing Apple's iTunes. You can use this method as long as you have stored your contacts locally or are using another account apart from Gmail. You can go about this process by following these easy steps:
- Open iTunes on your computer, and in the upper-right corner, choose iPhone.
- Open the tab – Info, check the box named Sync Contacts With, and from the dropdown menu that appears, choose Google Contacts.
When the process is complete, you should find all your contacts when you log in to your Android device using your Google information.
5. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android by Google Drive
If you are a regular user of Google Drive, you can transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android using this Google's application. You can also use this method to transfer other types of data like photos, videos, and documents. However, for this article, we are going to have a look at how to transfer contacts. These are the steps to follow:
Step 1. Create Your Google Account
If you do not have a Google account yet, you will need to create one to use Android. To set up your account, just go to Google, hit register, and follow the prompts. If you already have an account, just skip to step two.
Step 2. Download Google Drive & Backup
On your iPhone, download Google Drive via the App Store. Afterward, sign in with your Google ID. Later, open the Settings and then Backup. Select the Contacts as the data you want to transfer, and then choose Start Backup. Hold on and wait for your iPhone to do the work. For maximum efficiency, ensure your phone is connected to Wi-Fi and power source.
Step 3. Sign In on Your Android Device
You can now set up your Android phone to receive the contacts from your iPhone. Just sign in to your Google account and you should find the contacts on your new phone in the Google Contacts application.
6. Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android via Cables
You can also transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android by the use of cables. However, you should note that this method is not for all Android devices. Latest versions of Android phones like Google's Pixel and Samsung Galaxy provide you an option to transfer essential iPhone data when setting up your Android phone. If your Android phone allows for this, just follow the easy prompts provided. After doing this, you should successfully copy your iPhone contacts to your new Android device.
7. Transfer iPhone Contacts to Android by 3rd Party Tools
If you are still not able to transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android or find the aforementioned methods inconvenient, you can opt an easier way by using the help of 3rd party tools such as Shareit. The good thing about 3rd party tools is that they are quite easy to use.
Tip. How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone?
If you just get a new iPhone instead of an Android device, then you might want to transfer contacts from your old iPhone to the new one. Many people think that iCloud is the best option to do that. However, the service offers limited free storage and does not guarantee that all contacts will be successfully transferred. If you are in search of an easier way to transfer contacts without iCloud, then have a look at this post.
Getting a new Android phone comes with a lot of excitement. However, you can end up feeling frustrated if you have no idea how to go about transferring contacts from iPhone to Android. Luckily, the information provided in this article will help you out. If you want an easy way around it, remember that 3rd party tools are the best.