There are a few reasons why you may want to delete your iCloud account. It could be because you forgot your password or perhaps, you hold multiple iCloud accounts and wish to use another account with your iPhone but do not remember the account's password. In that case, you will need a way to delete that iCloud account without having to remember your password.
Here are a few efficient ways to delete your iCloud account without the need for a password.
How to Delete iCloud Account from iOS 12 without Password
If the Find My iPhone is not enabled on your iOS 12 device, you can delete the iCloud account from Settings. Just follow the steps below.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Go to General and then Reset.
- Find and click the option “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Enter the restriction passcode to confirm if it asks. If you don’t set up any password, it will start resetting your iOS device.
Please note that this is the only way to delete iCloud account without password from settings.
When you search on Google, you may find some posts state that you can delete iCloud account without password by the following steps:
- Go to Settings > iCloud and type any digit in the passcode box.
- Click OK from the alert window and then tap on Account.
- Remove everything from the description box and tap on Done.
- You will be taken to a different iCloud screen where Find My iPhone has been turned off. Go ahead and click Delete Account.
But this way is no longer available. If you own an iOS 7 or other, this method should work perfectly well, but if you own an iOS 12, you may need to read further to find another method because this one will not work for your iPhone.
How to Permanently Delete iCloud Account from iOS 12
Unfortunately for you and other iPhone users, your account could still be restored via the use of certain apps that recovers deleted files. To protect your privacy, you will need to permanently delete your iCloud account to avoid privacy leak and can do that by using iMyFone Umate Pro for Windows or for Mac. iMyFone Umate Pro permanently deletes your iPhone date in a way that the old data is completely erased and no tool can be used to recover the deleted data.
Magic Features of Umate Pro:
- Permanent Erasure: Any data or account (including iCloud account) you erase with Umate Pro will be completely overwritten, leaving no possibility of recovery.
- Whole Device Erasure: Only in a few clicks you can make a complete erasure of the whole device.
- Preview & Select: You can preview the data first and select just some unwanted data to erase, which prevent you from deleting wrong data.
- Wipe Deleted Files: The files you deleted before could be found out and completely destroyed.
- Erase 3rd-Party Apps: You can permanently erase data from WhatsApp, Kik, Viber, WeChat, Line, etc. and wipe private traces from Snapchat, Facebook, Messenger, etc.
iMyFone Umate Pro Using Steps:
Note: To permanently delete iCloud account from iOS 12 or earlier versions, please make sure “Find My iPhone” is disabled.
Step 1. Download, install and open iMyFone Umate Pro on your Windows or Mac computer. Connect your iOS device.
Step 2. Pick the mode that is best suited to your needs. You can choose "Erase All Data" if you wish to erase everything, or choose other erasing mode if you wish to preview and erase data. Click “Erase” or “Scan”.
Step 3. When scanning finished, you can click the data to preview and check data to erase. Then click “Erase Now”.
Step 4. Type “delete” into the box to confirm and tap “Erase Now” again to proceed.
Just wait for it to finish. When it’s done, all the files and accounts on your iOS device will be gone forever.
How to Delete iCloud Account without Password iOS 12 by Resetting It
This way we are talking here is not the direct way to delete iCloud account. By this, you can reset your iCloud account password. But you need to answer some security questions for your iCloud account.
- On your computer, go to icloud.com from a browser.
- Click “Forgot Apple ID or password?”
- Enter your Apple ID to get started.
- Enter the phone number that you use with this Apple ID.
- Tap “Allow” from the notification pop up on your device.
- Follow the instructions shown on your device to reset your password.
When you have set up a new iCloud account password, you can use it to remove the account from your iOS device.