Are you curious about how to remove iCloud from your iPad/iPhone? Do you need to give away or sell your iPad, and you don’t want someone else to have access to your iCloud account? Removing your iCloud account doesn’t take much time if you do it the right way, and it’s definitely something that you should consider doing before you get rid of your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
When (and Why) You Should Remove iCloud from iPhone
If you are no longer going to be the owner of your iPhone, you should remove iCloud account. This is for security reasons. If you don’t remove iCloud account from your iPhone, your identity could be stolen and people could possibly have access to your purchases. It’s better to be on the safe side and remove the account.
Also, if you’re having problems getting iCloud to work, it can be helpful to remove your account from your iPhone and then add it again. In this case, deleting the account is just temporary.
1. How to Simply Remove iCloud Account from iPhone/iPad
Removing your iCloud account from your iPhone or iPad is actually pretty easy. Here is what you do:
Step 1: Go on your iPhone and tap on the Settings app.
Step 2: Tap on iCloud in Settings.
Step 3: Go down to where it says “Delete Account” or “Sign Out” and tap on it. After that, confirm that you want to remove (or sign out of) the account by hitting “Sign out” or “Delete.”
Now the account should be removed from your phone.
2. How to Permanently Remove Data and iCloud from iPhone/iPad
This is why you should permanently erase your data and remove iCloud if you can, especially if you are planning to give away or sell your iPhone/iPad. The way to do this is to use a permanent erasing tool like iMyFone iPhone Eraser for Win or for Mac to erase and scramble your data. After using this tool, your private information with be unrecoverable.
It's regarded as the safest iPhone eraser to protect privacy from being leaked - MacWorld, iPhoneinCanada, APPKED, etc.
Simple Steps to Erase iPhone Data and iCloud Permanently
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone iPhone Eraser. Plug your iPhone (or iPad, or iPod) into your computer and open iMyFone Eraser.
Step 2: Click Erase All Data tab. Click Erase.
Step 3: Type “Delete” into the text box provided to confirm that you want to permanently delete all of the data on your iPhone, then click Erase Now to start.
Important Note: This option is best for people who are planning to give away or sell their phones, but want to protect their privacy.
This will delete ALL of your phone’s data. It’s basically like a factory reset, except better because your data is permanently erased. If you don’t want to delete ALL of the files on your iPhone, you can also erase data selectively.
- Select private data to erase, including private messages, call history, photos and videos, contacts, browsing history, WhatsApp chats, etc.
- Detect and permanently remove manually deleted files that are still present in your device drive and can be recovered.
- Wipe private fragments that were left by Snapchat, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, Kik, Facebook, Skype, etc.
- 1-click to reclaim iPhone space by clearing junk/temporary files, backup and deleting photos and large videos, compressing photos and deleting apps in bulk.
3. Useful Video on Erasing iCloud from Your iOS Device
Here is a video that explains how to remove iCloud from your iPhone/iPad. It goes over the steps in detail, so if you are still not clear on what to do, follow along with this video: