Have you lost some of the text messages on your device? If you have lost important texts you may be desperately looking for a way to recover these messages. But you may also be wondering whether it is possible to recover them, especially if you don’t have a backup.
Can I Recover Deleted text messages on iPhone?
The answer is yes.
It is possible to recover deleted texts on the iPhone even you haven't backed up your iPhone before. But in order to understand how this is possible, it is important to understand how data allocation works.
When you delete data on your iPhone the system un-allocates the originally allocated space to that file by removing the pointers to it, thereby marking the space available. Until another file is added to the device, the deleted file will remain on the device and the OS doesn’t completely delete it. You can find your deleted text messages in the unallocated space as long as they are not overwritten
But you are unable to see this deleted file through conventional means. Instead, the only way to see and retrieve this file is by using an iPhone data recovery program.
One of the best iPhone recovery tool to help you recover this residual deleted text on your iPhone is iMyFone D-Back. This data recovery program has a lot of features that will help you access and recovers the deleted texts even when you don’t have a backup of the data on either iTunes or iCloud. It also comes highly recommended by the top tech news sites such as 9to2Mac and PCWorld.
To use it, download and install D-Back to your computer and then follow these simple steps.
Retrieve Delete Texts from iPhone Directly
- Step 1: From the main window, select “Recover from iOS Device” and then click “Start” to begin. Select “Message” in the next window as the type of data to recover and then click “Next.”
- Step 2: Connect the iPhone to the computer using USB cables and wait for the program to detect the device. Click “Scan.
- Step 3: When the scanning process is complete, you should see a list of all messages on that device displayed in the next window. Select the messages you want to recover and then click “Recover” to save them to your computer.
Retrieve Deleted Texts from iTunes
- Step 1: Select “Recover from iTunes Backup” in the main window and then click “Start” to begin. In the next window, select “Message” as the type of data you want to recover and then click “Next.”
- Step 2: From the list of iTunes backup files displayed in the next window, select the most relevant one and then click “Scan” to begin analyzing the backup file to find the missing messages.
- Step 3: Once the process is complete, select the messages you want to recover from the results displayed and click “Recover” to save them on your computer.
Retrieve Deleted Texts from iCloud
If the messages you need to retrieve are in an iCloud backup, follow these simple steps to get them back.
- Step 1: From the main window, select “Recover from iCloud Backup” and click “Start” to begin. Select “Message” in the next window and then click “Next” to begin.
- Step 2: Sign in to iCloud and then select the most relevant iCloud backup. Click “Next” to allow the program to analyze the backup for the missing messages.
- Step 3: Once the analysis is complete, select the messages you want to recover from the results page and click “Recover” to save them to your computer.
You can also use D-Back to recover deleted WhatsApp messages, Viber messages and more types of data from iPhone, iTunes or iCloud backup. Just download it and have a try.