Everyone wants to save their iPhone data because phone data contains very precious information like your contacts, photos, videos and much more. No one ever wants to lose the data at any cost and that is why people are used to backup their important files via iTunes and iCloud. Creating a backup is required because anything can happen to your iPhone at any time so it is required to be prepared before getting into some trouble. What to do if you lost some photos in this situation? That's right, you can restore a backup file which may contain some wanted photos using iTunes or iCloud.
But what if you lost some important photos from camera roll without backup? In fact, most of people don't own a backup which contains the photos they want back when they lost photos accidentally.
We will take you through 2 possible ways of restoring camera roll from backup or without backup.
1 Restore Camera Roll on iPhone Using iTunes
To restore camera roll from iTunes backup:
Step 1: Connect iPhone to the computer using USB cable;
Step 2: Launch iTunes on your computer;
Step 3: Click the little device icon and press‘Restore backup’;
Step 4: Select the latest backup file and go on.
You may get back some wanted photos using this method. But there are following things you should consider:
1. Restoring from iTunes backup may give some help, but you are unable to see how many and which wanted photos are there in the backup file.
2. Ensure that you have made backup of the current data before doing this, since contacts, messages, mail and other files will also be restored to the version of backup file.
3. Your iPhone will get restored to the version it was backed up last. You may lose all the files including some important data created between the time you made the latest backup and the time you restore your iDevice.
So if you don't want to take the risk of restoring your iPhone or you haven't made any backup for the lost photos, you may need a 3rd-party tool to help you restore camera roll directly from device without backup.
2 Restore Camera Roll Without Backup Using 3rd-Party Tool
iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery or iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery for Mac is one of the best iPhone data recovery tools through which you can easily restore your iPhone data without backup or from iTunes/iCloud backup (iOS 10 included). Check more features below:
- 4 data recovery modes: Smart recovery, Recover from iOS device, Recover from iTunes backup and Recover from iCloud backup.
- More than 22 file types are supported, including Messages & Call log, Photos & Videos, Third party App data, Memos and others.
- Preview function is available to select particular files to recover.
- All iOS devices are supported, including iPhone 7/6s/6/5s/5c/5/4s/4 running iOS 10/9/8/7.
Preview and Recover Camera Roll Without Backup Selectively
As there are 4 recovery moods through which you can recover your data, recover directly from iOS Device, recover from iTunes/iCloud Backup and Smart Recovery. but here we are using the "recover from iOS Device" mode.
Note: To preview and selectively recover camera roll from iTunes or iCloud backup to computer without erasing data on your iPhone, please choose recover from iTunes or iCloud backup.
Step 1 Download and Install the Software:
The first step which you have to do is to download and install the iMyfone D-Back program on your computer.
Step 2 Launch the Software and Choose the Mode:
Launch it by double clicking on its icon. Now click the mode that you want to use in order to restore camera roll. There are three options available. You can either use the iOS device mode, the iTunes Backup mode or the iCloud Backup mode.
Step 3 Choose and Scan the Lost File Type:
Choose photos in the following screen. Connect your iPhone to the computer and iMyfone D-Back will begin scanning your iPhone. It can take some time to be patient.
Step 4 Preview and Recover Photos:
Once the scanning process has been completed, you can preview all the recoverable photos. Select the photos that you need to recover and then click the recover button that is present at the bottom right of the screen to get back your lost photos.
Now download iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery win or iPhone data recovery mac to recover Photos from camera roll. If you are also looking for a method to recover iPhone contact, iPhone messages, just click the link to check more details.