The value of your iPad cannot be overstated but as much valuable data as the device can hold, it is not impossible to lose some of the data on the device. In fact, it happens more often than not. This is why it important to have a backup of the data on your iPad. That way if you ever lose some of the data on the device, you can just restore from either iTunes or iCloud.
But sometimes restoring the iPad from an iTunes backup file can be counterproductive. This is because restoring from iTunes often results in data loss. The data that wasn’t included in the backup (the new data on your device) will be lost. If you are looking for an alternative to restoring from an iTunes backup, the following article will be of great help.
1 What is a “restore”?
1. “Restore” as in “restore the iPad to factory settings.” This process will erase everything, including your settings from your device. After this process, it can then be set up as new or restored from an older backup. The terms “reset” or “factory reset” mean the same thing.
2. “Restore” as in “restore data from an existing backup on your iPad.” In normal standard, iTunes and iCloud service provided by Apple is a preferred choice, which will restore your data only after they erase all current files on your device. That’s why using non-Apple programs, like- D-Back, might be a better option. You can check Part 3
2 Why Restore iPad?
Reasons restore might be needed:
1. Your iPad is frequently acting up out of the blue, like freezing and unresponsive, both of which prevent you from unlocking it with a passcode.
2.Whether you're selling your iPad or give away. You should restore it to delete your account or remove other info to this iPad while you have a concern for the privacy leak.
3. Or if it doesn't recognize your taps, or an unexpected error
occurs. The restore of iPad will often do the trick.
4. No one will resist the new feature after Apple rolling out new iOS,also you want to give a fresh start for your iPad. After this process, an iPad will be set up as new.
Here, if you want to restore your iPad in a factory reset, you can jump to this page to find other effective ways to solve your issues.
3 Restore data Directly from Your iPad
iMyFone D-Back iOS data recovery is a data recovery tool you can use to recover iPad without iTunes. It can help restore data without causing any damage to the data already on the device. its user-friendly interface guides you to complete the process regardless of how the data was lost in the first place.
iMyFone D-Back iPad Data Recovery (iOS 13/12/11.4/11.3 Supported)
Why Choose This iPad Data Recovery Software
- Restore 20+ types of files on iOS devices, such as photos, videos, contacts, notes, voice memos, Safari bookmarks and more.
- Supports extracting data from your iTunes backup and iCloud backup selectively.
- Preview data before recovery to confirm what you will get.
- You can use it to recover data regardless of how you lost the data in the first place. You can even recover data from a damaged or broken iPad or a software operation gone wrong.
- Different from the traditional Apple way (restore data from iCloud or iTunes）, there’s no need to erase your existing data before recovering. Also, you can preview deleted iMessage to recover.
- It is compatible with all iOS devices and all versions of the iOS operating system including iOS 13/12.
20% off Coupon Code: 5ED-FQ1-KZU
Steps to restore an iPad Without iTunes from Your iPad
1. Select File Types and Connect iPad.
Download iMyFone D-Back from your computer and then choose “Recover from iOS device.” In the next window, select the types of files you would like to recover.
2. Scan iPad and Preview Found iPad Data.
Connect the iPad to the computer using USB cables and then click “Scan.” After the scan, the recoverable files will be listed in the next window. Choose the ones you would like to recover and then click “Recover” to choose a folder on your PC or Mac to save the deleted files.
3. Choose One Folder to Store iPad Data.
Last step after clicking on Recover is to choose one folder on your PC or Mac for storing your checked iPad data. Then wait a few seconds, you get your lost iPad data.
4 Restore iPad without iTunes – Selectively Restore via iCloud
If you had backed up the missing data on iCloud, iMyfone D-Back can help you access the iCloud backup file to get the data back without having to restore the device.
1. Select File Types and Sign in iCloud Account.
Launch iMyFone D-Back and choose Recover from iCloud Backup, choose the file types you need restore. Then enter your iCloud details, after which the app will list your iCloud backups for you to choose.
2. Download iCloud Backup and Preview iCloud Data.
Choose the iCloud backup including your lost iPad data to download. After downloading, iMyFone D-Back will scan iCloud backup automatically. Then you can preview the data to choose what you need.
3. Choose Folder to Store Data on Computer.
Then you can click Recover to select a folder on your PC or Mac which you want you're your recovered data and the iMyFone D-Back application will do the rest for you. So the next time you lose your iPad data with no iTunes backup to provide, don’t despair.
With iMyFone D-Back iOS data recovery, you won’t have to worry about restoring your iPad and hence losing some of your data in the process. Follow the steps above to get your missing data back without risking the other data on your iPad.
5Check If iPad is Sync with iCloud Account
You can choose to restore your iPad from iCloud backup entirely. Follow the instructions below to find out how.
Steps to restore iPad without iTunes Free
Go to Settings > General > Reset, tap "Erase all content and settings".
When you get to the Apps & Data screen, tap on Restore from iCloud Backup and log in your iCloud ID and password.
Choose the backup you need from the list. And after restoring, your deleted data will be back on your iPad.
Note: This method applies only when you synced your iPad data with iCloud before the data were deleted. Otherwise, use the other option above.