Even social network apps are popular among iPhone users, text messages are still playing an important role in our daily life. The text messages with our beloved people remain a golden memory and gift for us. The sincere apology to mother for our mistakes, birthday wishes from best friends, the sweet conversation with our love. We prefer keeping those text messages for our own.
However, accidentally deleting text messages happens often, and this makes a lot of people feel frustrated. Want to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone? The article will talk about three efficient methods on how to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone 7/6s/6/5s/5c/5/4s/4 for your reference.
1 Selectively Recover iPhone Deleted Messages with/without Backup
If you unluckily forget to upload text messages to iCloud or iTunes as a backup, or you don't want to use fully restore your iPhone to a iTunes/iCloud backup, since it will also erase all your content and settings on iPhone, an iPhone data reocovery may help.
Tool You'll Need: iMyfone D-Back iPhone Data Recovery
Actually after you delete your text messages, the information and fringe files are not erased completely from your iPhone, but become invisible to users. iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery Win and iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery Mac are one of the best software to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone in this situation.
- Retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone no matter you have backup or not.
- The preview function ensures you to retrieve what you exactly need.
- Avoid the risk of data overwriting while recovering.
- Retrieve 20+ file types for your iPhone, such as photo, video and more.
- Support iOS devices running different iOS version, included iPhone 7 and iOS 10.
The following instructions explain how to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone with iMyfone D-Back.
Steps to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages from iPhone
Step 1. Select iPhone Text Message and How You Lost Them
Download and Launch the program on your computer. Firstly, it will ask you to choose the file type you need recover and how you lost the file. By specifying these details, the scan and search time can be greatly reduced.
Step 2. Scan Your iPhone Smartly
Then, the program will intelligently scan and search your deleted text messages from iOS device (if you have't made any backup before) , or iTunes backup or iCloud backup according to previous selection at the very beginning. This smart function can find your data quickly and save your time hugely.
Step 3. Preview and Recover iPhone Text Message
Once scan is completed, your text messages will be clearly listed on the middle part of the data recovery tool’s interface. You can enable the button “Only show the deleted” to preview the deleted message. If you find the text message you need, click “Recover” and choose a location on your computer as the recovery path.
- If you haven't made any backup before and want to retrieve messages directly from iPhone, please ensure that your iPhone can be recognized by the computer.
- You can also use iMyfone D-Back to extract text messages from your iTunes or iCloud backup file to computer without overwriting data on your iPhone.
- The free trial version is available for both Windows and Mac users. You can download the trial version to figure out whether this program can find your deleted text messages.
With the help of iMyfone D-Back data recovery Windows and iMyfone D-Back data recovery Mac, you probably have retrieved your deleted text messages. Besides to retrieve deleted iPhone text messages, this software supports recovery of various kinds of files and data, such as call history, voice, contact, note and more. And it can apply to many iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, even the latest iPhone 7.
2 Retrieve Deleted iPhone Text Messages from iCloud Backup
If you have the habit of uploading your iPhone files and data to iCloud for backing up, you are likely to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone by using iCloud backups. The following procedures show how to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone using iCloud backups. Check out whether any of the iCloud method is useful for your case.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset,choose Erase All Content and Settings.
- iPhone will prompt to set it up as a new one or restore from a previous backup. Select Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Choose the iCloud backup including the deleted text messages and wait for the restoration process to complete.
Note: The way will erase all the current data on your iPhone. And if you fail to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone using iCloud, go on with the article to see the next part to solve your problem using iTunes.
3 Retrieve iPhone Deleted Text Messages by Restoring iTunes Backup
Before you use iTunes backups to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone, remember that the iTunes backups will overwrite all the existing files and data stored on your iPhone, and something newly added in your iPhone after the last backup may be lost. So take attention: back up the existing data before restoring your deleted messages! About how do you retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone, please see steps below.
- After you connect your iPhone to the computer on which you perform the backup, iTunes will open, and click the iPhone icon in top left corner of the window.
- Click on Restore Backup... to choose the exact iTunes backup. After restoring, you will see the deleted messages back on your iPhone.
But besides the disadvantage of overwriting the existing data, iTunes cannot read your text messages before restoration, which means you have to restore all the messages and data you don't need. And for people who don't back up their data often, or who delete their text messages after last backup, in this situation you can use "Recover from iTunes backup" of iMyfone D-Back iPhone data recovery Win or iPhone data recovery Mac to preview and extract messages from iTunes selectively.
And we will appreciate it very much if you could leave a comment about whether any of three methods are useful for you. If you know other methods to retrieve deleted text messages iPhone, you can also tell us by comment.