You can never have too many backups for your iPad and being able to transfer some of the data on the device to your computer is an easy way to back up the device. The good news is that there are very many user-friendly third-party programs that make this process very easy.
In this article, we are going to be looking at the top 5 iPad to computer transfer tools and highlighting the pros and cons of each.
1 iMyFone D-Back
iMyFone D-Back or iMyFone D-Back for Mac comes in handy when you want to transfer data from your iPad to the computer. It is so easy to use, all you have to do is connect the iPad and then select the type of data you want to transfer to your computer. This program allows users to transfer up to 22 different file types including messages, videos, photos, call history and even third-party data such as WhatsApp, Kik, Viber and more. It comes with a simple to use interface and it guarantees a successful transfer every time you use it.
Here’s how to use iMyFone D-Back to transfer data from your iPad to computer.
Step 1: Download and install the program to your computer and then launch it.
Step 2: From the main window select “Recover from iOS Device” and then click “Start” to begin. From the next window, select the type of data you want to recover and click “Next.” You can select multiple types of data.
Step 3: Connect the iPad to the computer and then click “Scan”.
Step 4: From the results page, preview and select the files you want to transfer to computer and then click “Recover.” Select a location on your computer to save the files and you’re done.
2 Syncios Manager
Syncios Manager is another option when looking for a way to transfer data from an iPad to the computer. Some of its features include the following.
- It can be used to transfer multiple types of data including music, videos, apps, contacts and more.
- It is also ideal for converting videos and audio files.
- Can also be used to make ringtones.
3 Wondershare TunesGo
This program can work to transfer data from your iPad to the computer but will mostly work for music files only. Some of its features include the following.
- Transfers music files to computer easily or from computer to iOS device.
- Can be used to transfer music files and other types of files between devices.
- Converts music and videos to the device’s compatible format during transfer.
4 iStonsoft Transfer
This data transfer option gives users the chance to back up the data on their devices in one-easy click. It is quite easy to use with a simple user interface. Some of its features include the following.
- It can be used to transfer and manage data from iPad to PC.
- Allows users to find files in a really short time.
- It has a one-click backup function.
5 iSkysoft TunesOver
If your primary concern is backing up medial files to your computer, this program is a great option. Some of its features include;
- It allows users to transfer videos, photos and music from iPad to PC.
- You can transfer music files using a cloud sharing option.
- You can also use it to share media files from one device to another without using iTunes.
Here’s how all the 5 iPad to Computer Transfer tools compare.
|Price||Supported Files||Transfer Speed|
|iMyFone D-Back||$39.95||Up to 22 different types of files including photos, videos, music, messages and more||Very Fast|
|Syncios||$39.95||Up to 16 different types of files including music, videos, photos, apps, contacts and more||Fast|
|Wondershare TunesGo||$39.95||Primarily music although can also transfer other types of data||Very Fast|
|iStonsoft Transfer||$29.95||Up to 16 different types of files including videos, photos, contacts, notes and more.||Fast|
|iSkysoft TunesOver||$59.95||Media files such as Music, photos and videos||Fast|