Erasing iPad does not mean that we will make it vanish in thin air. In fact erasing iPad refers to resetting of the device or erasing all the data to keep the device well-maintained and virus-free. Usually this step is taken to keep the function of your device smooth and uninterrupted by viruses. It should be a regular part of the maintenance of your device. On any iPad, quitting all open apps will help free up even more memory on the device and help RAM-intensive apps run more stable. The following are some easy steps to erase your iPad.
1. Back up Your Data to iCloud before Erase All Data on iPad
Keep one thing in mind, resetting actually means erasing all the current data and initiating the device on factory default settings. So before you reset your iPad, make sure you back up all your data to iCloud. Your Apple ID will always have the essential information about you that will keep you as the unique user of Apple software. All your dat, including important files, photos and videos, must be saved on iCloud to prevent any data loss before you erase it. This will ensure a trouble free rebooting for iPad.
2. How to Erase All Data on iPad
- Go to Settings > General > Reset.
- Tab "Erase All Content and Settings". This protects you by making sure all data is off the iPad, which includes information for your iTunes account.
Once you have chosen to erase all content and settings from your iPad, you will need to confirm your selection twice. After confirming your choice, the process of erasing data on your iPad begins. The entire process takes a couple of minutes, and during the process, Apple logo will appear in the middle of the screen.
One-Click to Erase All Data on iPad Permanently
Why you need to go through all the fatigue when you have a professional iOS data eraser to erase your iPad. iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is the answer to all your maintenance problems. Umate Pro can delete or erase all types of iOS files: web history, videos, photos, Facetime data, voicemail, stocks info, contacts, Facetime data, calendar, iCloud ID, bookmarks, system settings and all other types you can think of. So yeah, you are well covered!
Difference between "iMyFone Erase" and iPad's Reset
- Using iMyFone Umate Pro and you do not need to activate the iPad again. But with iPad's Reset, you should activate your iPad again, and we all know that it might not be activated successfully.
- Data deleted by iPad's Reset can be recovered,but the data deleted by iMyFone Umate Pro can not be recovered even with the latest recovery tools.
The using steps is very simple, just install the program on your PC > Connect your iPad > Scan your iPad >Start Erasing.
iMyFone Umate Pro Data Eraser does the following:
1. One-click space saving - remove all junk files, temporary files, mass delete photos and videos, losslessly compress photos with 75% photo storage freed up and manage a bulk of apps.
2. Erase all data on iPhone - delete all data permanently with Zero opportunity to restore.
3. Erase Personal Data - individually erase both your exiting personal files and previously deleted files permanently.
About Back to factory settings
On the other hand, factory resetting means that you completely erase all the data iPad including your Apple ID and the device restarts as new as when it came first to you in terms of software. Factory resetting is done when you want to sell your device to someone or hand it over to someone because you no longer need it. Factory resetting enables your device to be used as new and all the data of the previous owner gets erased permanently. Enjoy the new and clean version of your iPad once it is factory reset.