If you’re a big music fan, you could spend years amassing a large iTunes library filled with all of your favorite music. Wouldn’t it be great to be able to share your music collection with friends and help them discover new artists and songs? The problem with this is that Apple has a lot of restrictions, but thankfully there are a few things that you can do to break free.
1. Why Not Choose iTunes to Share iTunes Music with Friends?
While iTunes is the official device manager for your iOS devices, there are many different reasons not to use it, and many of them have to do with its various restrictions:
- Your devices all have to be in the same network to transfer files through the official sharing functions. This means that sharing relies on external devices such as routers. If there are any network problems, then the whole process breaks down and you can’t share your files through Home Sharing or Music Sharing.
- If you want to share iTunes music with other iPhones, this can be difficult, since you can’t share purchased music with devices that have different Apple ID’s.
- You often can’t be selective about file types, and iTunes will end up sharing the whole library, instead of just music. How about you have some specific files that you don’t want to share?
- You can’t be selective about which individual files you want to share, either. iTunes is sort of “all or nothing,” and you’ll have to share or sync in bulk most of the time.
- Worst of all, using iTunes to share can often result in data loss. iTunes has a tendency to simply delete the old library on a iDevice and write over it with the new library - this is how it “shares” when it syncs. The probably with this is that the old data is lost. If you want to add to your library, instead of replacing it, then you should consider the ways below.
2. How to Share iTunes Music with Friends/Family iPhone
A really good way to share iTunes music with friends or family iPhone is by using the great iTunes alternative called iMyFone TunesMate. It simplifies the process of transferring your files and gives you a lot more freedom over your music than iTunes does.
- Its two-way sync allows to transfer iTunes music to iPhone , or iPhone music to iTunes.
- It can share both music that is purchased and not purchased.
- No data will be lost when sharing.
- Your friends or family iPhone don’t need to have the same Apple ID with iTunes.
- TunesMate is highly spoken of by hundreds of users and well-known media.
So how can you share iTunes music with friends iPhone?
Step 1: Download and install the free trial of iMyFone TunesMate on your computer where the iTunes music locates. Plug your friend’s iPhone in and launch TunesMate.
Step 2: When TunesMate detects the iPhone, click “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice.” It will start to scan your iTunes library.
Step 3: If you just want to share iTunes music, you can uncheck other files, like movies, audiobooks, podcasts, etc. Click “Transfer” to begin, and then “OK” when the transfer is done.
Now your friend / family member will have the music from your iTunes on their iPhone.
Tips: In turn, you can also enrich your iTunes music library from your friends or family iPhone. Just use TunesMate’s 1-click “Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes” when your friends or family iPhone is connected to computer.
3. How to Share iTunes Music with Friend’s Computer
Just as you can share iTunes music with friend’s iPhone, did you know that you can also transfer your iTunes music to different computers? If your friend wants you to share you iTunes music on his iTunes, just follow these steps:
1 How to Share iTunes Music with Friend’s iTunes?
Step 1: After the following the steps in the last section, install TunesMate on your friend’s computer.
Step 2: Plug your friend’s iPhone into his computer and launch the TunesMate application.
Step 3: Click “Transfer iDevice Media to iTunes” on TunesMate when iPhone is detected.
Step 4: Click “Start,” then choose the type of media you want to transfer, and click “Start” again.
2 How to Share iTunes Music to Friend’s Computer?
Step 1: Again, after completing the steps outlined in the last section, install TunesMate on your friend’s computer and plug his iPhone in.
Step 2: Launch TunesMate. Click on the “Music” tab near the top of the screen. Select the songs you want to transfer by ticking the boxes next to them.
Step 3: Click “Export > Export to PC”. Browse for where on the PC you want to send the files and select it. Click “Select Folder.”
4. How to Share iPhone Music with Another iPhone/iPad/iPod
iMyFone TunesMate can share music between two iPhones, and this is where many of its features shine:
- Share music between devices with different Apple IDs.
- Share music with any kind of iOS device, iPhone, iPod, iPad.
- Support to share both purchased and non-purchased music.
- Share music files of many different kinds of audio formats with very little restrictions.
- Share one or a few files at a time, or many in bulk.
How you can share music between iPhones TunesMate:
Step 1: Transfer iPhone Music to Computer
- Simply connect the iPhone that you want to extract music from and launch TunesMate.
- Go to “Music” tab and select the music that you want to share.
- Click “Export > Export to PC,” then browse and select a folder on your computer to store the music.
Now the data is on the computer.
Step 2: Transfer Music from Computer to Another iPhone
- Connect the second iPhone (the one that will receive the music) and open TunesMate.
- Go to “Music” tab and click “Add > Add Folder” at the top menu.
- Browse and choose the folder where you put your iPhone music and hit “Select Folder” to begin.
Now the music that was on the first iPhone is also on the second iPhone.
If you want to share iTunes music with friends/family, why not download TunesMate free trial and follow the tips above to have a shot.