Run into Apple Music not working, its down, crashing or such related Apple Music problems? Worry not we got the right solution for you. A huge number of iPhone users have complained and even reported about Apple Music not working after updating their iOS versions to iOS 12. If you are experiencing the same problem with your iOS 12 device, do not worry because we are going to help you fix Apple Music not working in iOS 12.
What Are Specific Apple Music Problems We May Encounter
- Unable to sync.
- Unable to login.
- Unable to download.
- Not capable of playing any music.
- Shuffle fails to work and you cannot repeat songs.
- Randomly skipping songs by Apple Music.
- Receiving “This media is not supported” error.
- My Music fails to load music.
- Radio stations not working.
- Getting “Unexpected error code 4010”.
- Apple Music Library Empty after iOS 12 update.
How to Fix iOS 12 Apple Music Not Working on iPhone
1 Make sure your Apple Music subscription is active
Although this seems too obvious, it is important to mention that the reason why your Apple Music is not working is that your subscription is expired. To enjoy the services of Apple Music you must maintain an active subscription. To check whether your subscription is expired or not, do the following: Open iTunes & App Store > Apple ID. Click on View Apple ID and then enter your passcode. Scroll down to find Subscriptions and click on it. You will be able to see your subscriptions here if it has expired or still active.
2 Enable iCloud Music Library
iCloud Music Library lets you access all the music files in your Library from Apple Music. If it is not enabled, you will not be able to access the music library. When it is enabled, you can make changes to your music library and it will be updated across all your iDevices. To activate this feature on your iPhone, open Settings > Music, then switch on the iCloud Music Library.
3 Restart your iPhone/iPad
Restarting your device is considered the primary method of solving minor and some major iOS and software issues. Therefore, if your Apple Music has failed to work, it is a good idea to try and restart your iPhone. To restart your iDevice, long press the Power button on your device until you see the slider on the display screen. Swipe the power icon to power off the device.
4 Sign Out of your iCloud account and then sign in again
Software glitch could be the reason why you are experiencing Apple Music not working in iOS 12. By signing out iCloud account and then sign in once again can help fix the problem. To do this, click on Settings > Music. Go to settings > iCloud and sign out then sign in once again.
5 Restore your Device
You can choose to restore your iPhone if you still have challenges with Apple Music not working in iOS 12. Before going ahead with this method it is highly recommended that you back up your iPhone. To reset your iPhone, click on Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > then set up your Device again and restore the applications.
An Alternative to Managing Music with TunesMate
TunesMate is the best music and data management software that can help you transfer, edit and delete various kinds of media files. This tool also lets you bypass all iTunes restrictions with ease.
Key features of TunesMate
- It lets you import data to your device and export data to iTunes/PC or any other media files without any restrictions.
- There is no limit to the type of device you want to export or import data. You can use this tool to transfer data to any PC or any other device.
- 1-click music transfer that lets you transfer all your music files fast and easy.
- The iPhone Music Manager available lets you edit, add, delete, and manipulate your data in every possible way.
Steps on how to use 1-click transfer iTunes media to iPhone
- Download, install and launch TunesMate on your PC and then use a USB cable to link your iPhone to the computer.
- Click on the Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice on the interface of the program. This will prompt the tool to scan all your media files in the iTunes library and then display them in a list.
- Start the transfer. By default, all the media files will be checked but you can select the ones you want to transfer by unchecking the once you do not need. Then, click on the Transfer button and the process will start. Click Ok once it is complete.