Do you need to transfer video from iPhone to PC or Mac? There are many reasons why someone might need to do this. For example, perhaps you have been using your iPhone to take video of your latest vacation and you want to share with friends. Maybe you just want to back up all of your important videos on your computer. Regardless, there are a few different ways that you can transfer iPhone video to PC.
3 Ways to Get Video from iPhone to Computer
1. Flexible Way to Extract Video from iPhone to Computer
As computer's built-in program only transfers iPhone camera videos and iTunes only transfer purchased videos, you should consider iMyFone TunesMate Video Transfer to manage your videos. With it, you can freely transfer videos and manage the video library.
- Transfer all kinds of videos: camera videos, movies, home videos, music video, podcasts, iTunes U, etc.
- Freely transfer videos between iPhone and computer.
- Support purchased and non-purchased videos.
- The No.1 iTunes alternative, commented by geekreply.com, tricksworldzz.com, and 50+ more media.
Steps to Send Videos from iPhone to Computer/External Hard Drive
Step 1: Download and install TunesMate, and run the program. Plug your iPhone in via USB.
Step 2: Go to Videos tab from the top menu (if you want to transfer camera videos, go to Photos tab). Tap the specific video category that you want to transfer from the left sidebar.
Step 3: Select the video that you want to send, and click Export > Export to PC/Mac, then choose the destination folder and confirm.
Key Features of TunesMate
- Transfer all kinds of media files, including music, videos, playlists, photos, apps, etc.
- Two-way transfer to freely transfer files between iPhone and computer.
- Directly add files to iPhone from computer/external hard drive, instead of going through iTunes library.
- Extract purchases and non-purchases from iPhone selectively or all at once.
- Support all audio and video formats; Automatically convert files to iOS-compatible formats when transferring to iPhone.
2. Get Video from iPhone to PC Using Autoplay
One of the easiest ways to get video from iPhone to computer is by using the Windows AutoPlay feature. All you have to do is go through the following steps:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your Windows computer.
Step 2: The AutoPlay window should automatically come up. When it does, click on “Import pictures and video”.
Step 3: To change the destination folder, click “Import settings” and then “Browse”. From there, you can choose the directory that you want.
Step 4: Click “OK” and your files should be imported to your PC.
3. Transfer Videos from iPhone to Mac Using Photos App
Now, if you have a Mac, things are a little bit different, but they are just as easy. You can transfer video from iPhone to Mac using the Photos app like this:
Step 1: Connect your device to your Mac.
Step 2: Start up the Photos application.
Step 3: On the top of your screen, you should see the word “Photos”. Click on that, then click on “Preferences” when it comes up.
Step 4: If the check box for “iCloud Photo Library” is not checked, then do this now.
Step 5: At this point, just wait. Your device and Mac will be syncing, so that your videos and photos are transferred to your computer.
Note that this method works only with OSX Yosemite or later.
If you want the freedom to manage the videos on your iOS device or transfer iPhone videos without any restrictions, then iMyFone TunesMate is an absolute must-have application.