Reading books is very important, but not everyone has the time and patience to sit there are decipher every work on a page. Thankfully, the rise of audiobooks have helped people “read” more than ever.
If you love books, chances are that you have plenty of audiobooks on your computer, and you’re wondering what other devices you can share your audiobooks with. You might want to sync audiobooks to your iPhone, but you’re wary of using iTunes. There are lots of different ways to do this, luckily, so you have a few choices.
Why You Should Not Choose iTunes to Transfer Audiobooks to iPhone
iTunes is the official application for transferring your files to and from your iPhone of course, but this doesn’t mean it’s good. There are several anti-features built into it that can make transferring your audiobooks a pain. Here are some of the inherent limitations and disadvantages:
- You can lose files during the syncing process, especially if you have files that you didn’t purchase from the official store on your iPhone.
- You can only blindly sync, you can’t transfer one file at a time.
- You can’t transfer every kind of audio format.
- You can only sync audiobooks to iPhone from one iTunes library.
- You cannot sync audiobooks to iPhone directly from computer.
How to Transfer Audibooks to iPhone Without iTunes
iTunes is thankfully not the only choice that you have, though. You can transfer your files using useful third-party software such as iMyFone TunesMate. This is basically an application that acts as a device manager and helps you do what iTunes can’t. Some of its abilities include:
- Transferring individual media files of any format.
- Syncing from your computer to your iPhone.
- Transferring from your iPhone to your computer.
- Being able to transfer without making you lose any files.
- Syncing audiobooks or other media files to iPhone from different iTunes libraries or computers.
- Supporting all kinds of audio and media formats, such as movies, music, podcasts, audiobooks, playlists, and more.
- The ability to backup your files with just a few clicks.
- The ability to preview your files.
- A function that allows you to delete duplicate files automatically to make room.
Way 1: How to Transfer Audiobooks to iPhone without iTunes from Computer
If you’re wondering how to use TunesMate to transfer audiobooks to iPhone without iTunes, here is a short step-by-step guide:
- Download and install TunesMate. Plug in your iPhone to your PC or Mac.
- Click on the “Music” tab at the top, then click “Audiobooks” on the left.
- Hit "Add" button and choose "Add File" or "Add Folder" to locate your audiobooks folder. Select files and hit "Open" to begin.
Way 2: How to Transfer Audiobooks to iPhone without iTunes from Library
Alternatively, if you want to transfer your audiobooks from iTunes, you can also do this with TunesMate without ever having to open iTunes. Here’s how you can go about this:
- Of course launch TunesMate as before. Plug in your iPhone.
- Click on “Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice” from the home interface.
- Make sure the box next to “Audiobooks” is ticked, and then click “Transfer”. Click “OK” after it’s done.
TunesMate can do a lot more than just transfer media files, of course. It has several built-in features that make it much more useful than iTunes. For one, you can preview many of your files before you transfer them, so that you know what you’re sending to your iPhone. You can also manage and delete files right from the program. You can share files with unlimited devices, which means that you can go beyond the 5-device limitation that Apple tends to impose.
Best of all, you can manage your iTunes library and transfer files to and from your playlist to your devices without ever losing any data. Whether you bought the audiobooks, movies, or music in the official iTunes store or not, you don’t have to worry about losing your files. iMyFone TunesMate truly gives you control over your files and your devices, and it is a great alternative to iTunes.