Using iTunes to transfer music to iPhone on Mac can be a huge pain. Not only can you not transfer songs easily one at a time, but most of the time you’ll have trouble transferring songs that you didn’t officially purchase. What’s more, it will erase the existing music on your iPhone while syncing. Here are some ways to transfer music iPhone without iTunes Mac free.
How to Transfer Music to iPhone without iTunes Mac
There are a few main ways to transfer music to iPhone/iPad/iPod without iTunes Mac:
- Method 1: Best Way to Transfer Music to iPhone without iTunes Mac
- Method 2: Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes - iTunes iOS App
- Method 3: Add Music to iPhone without iTunes Mac - Streaming Music Services
- Method 4: Put Music on iPhone without iTunes Mac - Local Media Player
- Method 5: Sync Music to iPhone without iTunes Mac - Cloud Services
1. Best Way to Transfer Music to iPhone without iTunes Mac
Perfect for: Every iPhone user who want to transfer music iPhone without iTunes Mac free. No limits
One of the best iTunes alternatives out there is iMyFone TunesMate iPhone Transfer. With it, you can transfer musid from Mac to iPhone without iTunes. Transfer is directly done without having to fiddle with iTunes and the iTunes library. What’s more, it can break through all of iTune’s limits.
- Sync iTunes library to iPhone without covering the existing library on iPhone.
- Transfer music to iPhone without iTunes from Mac/iTunes library/CDs/external hard drive, etc.
- Extract music from iPhone to computer, iTunes or external hard drive, including purchases and non-purchases.
- Support to transfer music to iPhone from different computers/iTunes libraries without erasing iPhone.
- Highly commended by lots of famed media, including Geekreply, tricksworldzz.com, and 50+ more.
Steps to Copy Music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes
Step 1: Install and launch iMyFone TunesMate. Plug your iPhone into your Mac. Click the Music tab at the top on TunesMate.
Step 2: Hit Add button and choose Add File or Add Folder to locate your Mac music.
Step 3: Browse and select the music you want to transfer and hit Open to start transfer process.
Note: If you want to transfer some specific songs in a folder, you can choose “Add File”. If you want to transfer all songs in the same folder, choose “Add Folder”.
Or you can directly drag and drop the music files to your iPhone using TunesMate. Just open “Music” window of TunesMate and open your music folder, select songs and drop them directly to TunesMate window.
TunesMate does a lot more when it comes to your music, too. You can delete and back up your songs, add music to the iTunes library itself without using iTunes at all. You can manage your playlists, as well as edit music ID3 tags and more. In short, it does what iTunes can do, but iTunes cannot do what it can do.
2. Transfer Music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes - iTunes iOS App
It’s the official iTunes app designated by Apple. You can download all of your purchased music here.
How-to-Transfer: Just go to the iTunes app on iPhone, then tap More > Purchased > Music, and you can download music you’ve previously bought by clicking the cloud icon beside each song.
Of course, there are limitations. You can only transfer purchases and you’ll be unable to transfer music that you downloaded without buying. Also, some files aren’t supported.
3. Add Music to iPhone without iTunes Mac - Streaming Music Services
Perfect for: People who want to pay just a monthly fee to listen and download as much as they can.
There are a few different streaming services that you can use, such as Spotify and SoundCloud. You can listen as much as you want and only pay a small amount. You can also listen to your music anywhere, on most of your devices.
How-to-Transfer: It depends on what service you use, but generally, you can just open the app, go to your purchases, and download or listen from there. If the service is entirely cloud based, then you will just be streaming instead of downloading.
The limits with these is again, you have to pay. If you download music for free from somewhere else, of course these won’t show up on the cloud with the service, so you can’t transfer music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes unless you actually bought it on the streaming service.
4. Put Music on iPhone without iTunes Mac - Local Media Player
Perfect for: People who just want a simple way to organize and transfer their media files, with no DRM or complications.
How-to-Transfer: You can transfer the files through Wi-Fi or FTP with a lot of these local media players.
The main limitation of this method is that it’s very manually and time-consuming. Though it is simple, it’s just not as easy and elegant as using something like, say, TunesMate.
5. Sync Music to iPhone without iTunes Mac - Cloud Services
Perfect for: People who want to transfer music from Mac to iPhone without iTunes, have much free iPhone space and stable Wi-Fi connection.
How-to-Transfer: The exact steps are different depending on the service, but the principle is the same. You simply upload your music from your Mac to the cloud using the service, and then you download it to your iPhone using the service’s iOS app.
The limitation here is that there are a lot of steps. Instead of transferring directly from your Mac to your iPhone, you are transferring from your Mac, to the Cloud, to your iPhone, so it can take longer. And you need to install an extra third-party app on your iPhone.
Above are the 5 ways to transfer music to iPhone without iTunes Mac. Give it a try and enjoy your music anywhere.