The screen lock passcode makes your iPad highly secure. It prevents unauthorized access and protects your iPad from stealing and privacy disclosure. The screen lock will keep your iPad locked until you enter a correct digit passcode or verify your identity by Face ID or Touch ID.
It is quite common that you forgot your iPad passcode, especially when your iPad is not in use for a long time. Here we offer you 3 effective ways to unlock a locked iPad without passcode even when it is already disabled.
The Fastest Way to Unlock Locked iPad (Unlock in 5 Minutes)
iMyFone LockWiper is the professional iOS tool that enables you to unlock your locked or disabled iPad within 5 minutes. It can directly remove the screen passcode for all Apple devices. It has been recognized as the most reliable and authentic passcode removal tool. As a multi-functional software, it can also fix your iPad when it is broken or bricked. Let's go through its main features.
Key features of iMyFone LockWiper:
- Unlock all types of screen lock on your iPad including digit passcode, Face ID and Touch ID.
- Unlock disabled, broken, bricked iPad within 5 minutes.
- It can factory reset your iPad if you bought a second-hand iPad.
- Remove Apple ID from any Apple devices without the use of a password.
- Quickly unlock Screen Time or Restrictions passcode without data loss.
- Support all iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch models; support all iOS versions.
How to unlock locked iPad by using iMyFone LockWiper:
Step 1. Run iMyFone LockWiper on your computer. Go to "Unlock Screen Passcode" feature. And Tap on "Start".
Step 2. Connect your locked iPad to PC. The software will automatically detect your iPad. Tap the "Download" button.
Step 3. Extract the files by clicking "Start to Extract".
Step 4. Click "Start Unlock". And enter "000000" to start to unlock locked iPad.
Step 5. Your locked or disabled iPad will be unlocked in 5 minutes.
Unlock iPad Using Find My iPad in iCloud (Remote Unlocking)
The Find My iPad feature in iCloud can be used to unlock your locked or disabled iPad instantly. This method is very convenient if your iPad is not around you. You can use the Apple ID associated with your iPad to log in iCloud service and wipe your iPad remotely. The operation is really simple. Just follow the steps below.
Get your iPad ready:
- Please make sure your iPad is connected with a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Please charge your iPad and make sure the battery is more than 50%.
- Please make sure your iPad has been signed in your Apple ID. And Find My iPad feature is already enabled.
Unlock locked iPad remotely using iCloud:
Step 1. Go to www.icloud.com. Sign in your iCloud account using your Apple ID and password.
Step 2. Choose the "Find iPhone" feature in your iCloud account.
Step 3. Tap on "All devices" and select your locked iPad.
Step 4. Click the "Erase iPad" to wipe your iPad as well as the screen lock.
Unlock iPad Using iTunes Restoring
iTunes restoring is a common way to solve iPad or iPhone issues or errors. If you have ever synced your iPad to a computer via iTunes. You can use this way to unlock a locked iPad.
Get your iPad and iTunes ready:
- Please update your iTunes to the latest version.
- Please make sure you have synced your iPad to your computer with iTunes.
- Please make sure Find My iPad feature has already been disabled.
Unlock locked iPad using iTunes:
Step 1. Connect your locked or disabled iPad to the computer you have synced with.
Step 2. Wait until iTunes detects your iPad. Select your iPad icon.
Step 3. Go to Summary, and tap "Restore iPad".
Step 4. Click "Restore" to double confirm. Then iTunes will wipe and reset your iPad.
How Many Passcode Attempts Can I Try?
iOS system features a rigorous lockout function, which will make your iPad temporarily or permanently disabled after multiple wrong passcode attempts. But you still get a few chances to try your guesses.
- 1 - 5 failed passcode attempts: no timer.
- 6 failed passcode attempts: 1-minute lockout.
- 7 failed passcode attempts: 5-minute lockout.
- 8 failed passcode attempts: 15-minute lockout.
- 9 failed passcode attempts: 60-minute lockout.
- 10 failed passcode attempts: permanently lockout.
After 10 incorrect attempts, your iPad will appear that Connect to iTunes. It means that your iPad is permanently disabled. But don't worry, all of the 3 methods support to unlock disabled iPad.
It is quite common that you get your iPad locked or disabled. You can choose your best way to unlock a locked iPad from here. If you don't know your Find My iPad state, we recommend you to use iMyFone LockWiper. It supports all circumstances and is much easier to use. Click on the link below to download the software freely and get your iPad instantly unlocked!