If you picked up your iPhone and discover a message showing “iPhone is disabled” on the screen, you may not know what does it mean. It might be the worst scenario if the message says “iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes”. However, it is not as bad as it seems to be. If your iPhone is disabled, here this post will explain what is going on and offer solutions to it.
- Solution 1: Fix “iPhone is Disabled” with iMyFone LockWiper
- Solution 2: Restore Your Disabled iPhone with iTunes
- Solution 3: Fix Disabled iPhone with iCloud
- Solution 4: Using Recovery Mode to Fix Disabled iPhone
Part 1: What Does iPhone Disabled Mean
This means that you entered a wrong password several consecutive times which results to disable your device. You may experience this issue if your iPhone has Touch ID compatibility. After the 5th attempt, the Touch ID will be disabled completely and it will require you to enter a correct password before you can access the device.
Any iPhone device can get disabled, but the messages can be in different formats. Most times you will get a text “iPhone is disabled” or a message says that you should enter the password after 1 minute or 5 minutes. However, if you reach attempt number ten, you'll get a message "iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes". In this situation, what you can do is erasing your iPhone and start over.
Part 2: How to Fix a Disabled iPhone
Solution 1: Fix “iPhone is Disabled” with iMyFone LockWiper
iMyFone LockWiper is a useful tool that will provide a solution to your device access problem. It is simple to use, fast and maintain a high level of security which makes it a standout feature. Also, it is a well-designed piece of software. The feature includes a simple step by following the display instructions and making a few clicks of the mouse.
Features of iMyFone LockWiper
- Bypass screen passcode for the disabled, broken, or locked screen.
- Get rid of Apple ID without a password from any iOS device.
- Remove all sorts of screen lock including 4-digit/6-digit passcode, Touch ID, Face ID, numeric code and so on.
- Support all iDevices version including iPhone XS (Max) and iOS 12.
Three Main Steps to Unlock Screen Passcode Using LockWiper:
Step 1: Download and install LockWiper application on your computer. Choose “Unlock Screen Passcode” mode when launching it. Click “Start” to initiate the procedure.
Next, you need to connect your iPhone using a USB cable.
Step 2: Choose the right firmware version from the on-screen options and click “Download”.
Step 3: After verification and extraction, you can click on the “Start Unlock” option.
The screen lock will be removed from your iPhone in a few minutes.
Now it’s done, you can access your disabled iPhone again.
After the password removal, all of the data on your iOS device would be wiped out.
Your iOS version will be updated to the recent available version.
Solution 2: Restore Your Disabled iPhone with iTunes
What does iPhone disabled mean? Doesn’t matter anyway. You can fix it through restoring with iTunes. What you should do first is making sure that iTunes is correctly installed on your computer. Also, ensure that you update your iTunes in order to avoid errors during the restoration process. When iTunes is ready, you can follow the steps below:
- Use a USB cable to connect your iOS device to computer.
- Open iTunes on your computer and wait for some minutes to sync your device and back up your files.
- Click on "Restore iPhone" once the synchronization and backup complet, then select Restore backup in iTunes.
- Pick the latest backup and tap on "Restore".
Note: If you don't have access to the computer you used to sync your iPhone with, this method might fail you. Just skip to other solutions.
Solution 3: Fix Disabled iPhone with iCloud
Restoring iOS device via iCloud is a bit difficult because it requires an internet connection and you need to enable “Find My iPhone” before proceeding. To continue with this process, you can follow the steps below:
- Log on to iCloud.com, then click on Find iPhone.
- Enter your Apple account details.
- Wait for some minutes for a map to display the location of your device.
- Select all the devices.
- Click the iPhone you want to erase, and select “Erase iPhone”.
Once succeeds you can access to and create a new account for your disabled iPhone again.
Solution 4: Using Recovery Mode to Fix Disabled iPhone
You can easily unlock your iPhone with the use of iTunes by setting your device into a recovery mode and restore your previous backup. Ensure you are using a PC with which you had backed up
- Firstly connect your iPhone to your PC and open iTunes app.
- While your device stays connected, force your iOS device to restart.
- Click on “Restore” when you see the option to update or restore.
- Wait for some minutes to complete the process.
Part 3: Why Would an iPhone Get Disabled?
The common suspects for a disabled iPhone is entering the wrong passcode many times or not using the Apple ID for a long time. Usually, when your iPhone is disabled, it may occur due to a forgotten password. However, if you have not updated your Apple ID settings, Apple may disable your account except you log in and update necessary details.
In conclusion, there are many ways to unlock iPhone passcode without much effort no matter what does iPhone disabled mean. With the listed options in this article, you can resolve an unlock problem connected to your iPhone.
iMyFone LockWiper is highly recommended, as it can help you with your disabled, locked or broken screen iDevices. What’s more, the steps are easy to follow. You can as well share this useful guide with your family and friends to help them resolve their issues.