“I don’t know why but my iPhone apps keep crashing after I installed the new version of iOS. Is there a problem in iOS 11 or my iPhone 7 has some malfunction? Please give some guidance.”
Again there is a new release of iOS and still problems can not be avoided! There are some ordinary problems that iPhone users may experience with the installation of the latest version iOS 11. Some of them complain that the apps on their iPhone always crash. If you are one of those who’ve got iPhone apps crashing issue after iOS 11 update, scroll down and find some of the fixes we’ve provided in this article.
6 Tips to Fix iPhone Apps Crashing After iOS 11 Update
1. Update Apps & Check Storage on the Device
Before we resolve this annoying problem, we should know why an app crashes. Apps generally crash either due to there is not much disk space available for them to execute their tasks properly or the app has gone obsolete and is unstable with the iOS version. Therefore, it is vital to maintain space on your iDevice and to regularly keep your apps updated.
To check the disk space of your iOS device, follow the steps provided.
- Open “Settings” app of your iOS device and tap on the “General” section.
- Now, hit the “Storage & iCloud Usage” option and finally tap on “Manage Storage”. Here in you can see by yourself whether or not you have enough amount of disk space available for the apps to run properly. If not, cancel some of the apps that you don't need
Head to App store and update the all the apps having the crashing issue. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Head to App Store and tap on “Updates” tab.
- Now, download and install all available updates of the apps that were exhibiting the crashing issue.
- Check the apps again by launching them to see if they stop crashing now.
Note: Make sure not to use the device for any purpose until the updating process completes or it may interfere with the internet connection and may not be able to install updates properly.
2. Reinstall the Apps That Crashes
Sometimes uninstalling and re-installing the app again can do the trick required to resolve the iPhone apps keep crashing issue in iOS 11. The main perk of this method is that when you uninstall the app it also clear out the stored cache files which sometimes are one of the major reasons of crashing down the apps in first place. Monitor the apps which are crashing up and uninstall them from your device.
- Hold on the app icon on your home screen for a couple of seconds and hit the “X” when it is visible on the app icon. You’ll then be required to confirm the action to delete the app permanently.
- Head towards the App Store, search and re-install the app you just deleted.
After installation, launch the app and it should work smoothly now. If not, read further, we’re not done with this yet.
3. Force Reset Your Device
Try this simple but very effective technique if your iPhone apps keep crashing to resolve the problem.
- Press and hold the Home button (Volume Down button if you own iPhone 7 or 7 plus) along with Sleep/Wake button for no less than 10 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Now, try and open the app again to check if you are still facing any such issues or not.
4. Disable WiFi & Cellular Data
Try this quick ruse of disabling your WiFi and Cellular Data. And then open the apps again to check if this quick fix works.
- Open “Settings”, tap on “WiFi” and toggle it to “Off”.
- Then, head to “Cellular”, tap on “Cellular Data” and toggle it to “Off”.
- Lastly, locate the problematic apps and launch them again.
5. Fix iPhone Apps Crashing without Data Loss
This problem can be caused by system errors, so we'd like to recommend an efficient tool iMyFone D-Back to fix this issue. It’s a data recovery program that offers an impressive feature i.e. “Fix iOS System” which can help users in fixing numerous iOS issues even when a user forgets passcode of the lock screen, it can fix that effortlessly as well. Let’s know about this program and the features in detail.
- iMyFone D-Back can support to recover 22+ files including WhatsApp messages, WeChat messages, Messages, Photos and more.
- Its new feature “Fix iOS System” comes with 3 modes for solving different iOS issues which are “Standard Mode”, “Exit Recovery Mode” and “Advanced Mode”. You can fix your device without data loss with the Standard Mode.
- It can fix different common iOS issues like iPhone freezing problem, iPhone becomes unresponsive due to black/white screen and more.
- iMyFone D-Back was recommended by famous media sites like Cult of Mac, and Makeuseof, and it has been proved to be safe and effective by thousands of users.
Here is the guide on how to fFix iPhone apps crashing issue using iMyFone D-Back. Download the iMyFone D-Back from the official website and install it. After installation, launch the software. We will introduce how to use the Standard Mode because it is the same to use the Advanced Mode and you just need one click to Exit Recovery Mode.
Step 1 – Choose a mode
Tap on “Fix iOS System” on the left panel and then connect your iOS device to the computer. Next, hit the “Standard Mode” option to begin the process.
Step 2 – Put your device in DFU Mode or Recovery Mode
The program’s next interface will explain you how to put your device in DFU mode once you select the “Standard Mode”.
Here is how to put your device into Recovery Mode.
Step 3 – Download Firmware
Since, you’ve have boot up your device in DFU mode, the program will recognize your iPhone. Hit the “Download” button on the computer screen to automatically download the suitable firmware for your iOS device. Or, you can download the firmware by manually choose the device model when the program won’t recognize your device.
Step 4 – Repair the System
Lastly, after downloading is complete, tap on “Start to Fix” to begin resolving the system issue of your device. That’s it; all your device’s system issues that you were facing are as good as gone. Easy one, isn’t it?
6. Restore iPhone with iTunes
Restoring iPhone with iTunes is always a last resort not because this will reverse everything up but because performing a restore with iTunes will wipe off all of the user’s data. If none of the guides helped you, follow the steps below to perform the last shot.
- Launch the iTunes application on your computer and connect your iPhone to it with a USB cable supplied with the device.
- When prompted, hit on “Trust” this computer.
- Now, in the iTunes you need to hit on your iPhone, then tap the Summary option in the left panel and hit “Restore iPhone” button.
- Hit on “Restore” button again, when prompted, to confirm the action.
Your device will now be wiped off completely and iTunes will install the latest version of iOS firmare on your device. After the process completes, you device will be restarted automatically and you can check if the apps work normally now.
Now you no longer have to worry for any of this problem that happens after upgrading to iOS 11 as you have hands on experience of highly classified measures to resolve the iPhone apps keep crashing issue and your problem, hopefully, would have been solved by now.