Restricted Mode is a useful feature that is available in all iPhones. It allows you to manage and restrict certain content, apps, and features on the device so that your kids cannot access it. Disabling restricted mode on iPhone is just as easy as enabling it. You will need to use the Settings app for this purpose.
How to Disable Restricted Mode on iPhone with Password?
Methods to disable Restricted Mode differ for iOS 12 and iOS 11 and below. But both of them need the password. They are as follows:
Disable Restricted Mode on iOS 11 and Below
On iOS 11, Restricted Mode is labeled as Restrictions in the Settings app. You will need to navigate to the General section of the app in order to disable it.
- Launch Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to General > Restrictions.
- Now scroll and find the Disable Restrictions options and tap on it. You’ll need to provide the passcode to disable it. Confirm your action by tapping the Disable Restrictions option when prompted.
Disable Restricted Mode on iOS 12
With the introduction of iOS 12, the Restricted Mode has moved to another section in the Settings app. It is now found under the Screen Time section. Just as when disabling the Restricted Mode in iOS 11, you will need to provide the Restrictions password to disable the feature.
- Launch Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to Screen Time and then tap the Turn Off Screen Time option.
- Confirm your action by tapping the Turn Off Screen Time option when prompted.
How to Disable Restricted Mode on iPhone without Password?
As mentioned above, enabling/disabling the Restricted Mode requires you to input the Restrictions password. If you forgot your Restricted Mode password, don’t worry; you can still disable the Restricted Mode. However, you will need to first find your Restrictions password. It is quite easy to find with the help of a third-party tool called Pinfinder.
Pinfinder works by analyzing iPhone’s backup that is created by iTunes. After successfully analyzing, the tool displays the Restrictions password on the command prompt window. The process to use Pinfinder to find your Restricted Mode password is very easy.
- First, you will need to create a backup of your iPhone via iTunes so that Pinfinder can examine it and extract the Restrictions password. To back up your iPhone, connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable and launch iTunes. Then use the Backup options on iTunes to create the backup. (For iOS 12, you have to check the Encrypt iPhone backup option.)
- Next, download and install Pinfinder on your Windows PC. Once it is installed, run it as administrator. If Pinfinder does not start, then manually run the command prompt on your computer and then drag the Pinfinder icon to the CMD window. The program will run.
- Pinfinder will analyze your recently created iPhone backup and then list some details about it on the command prompt window. One of those details will be the RESTRICTIONS PASSCODE. Note the password and exit the program.
Now that you have found the password, simply launch the Settings app on your iPhone and navigate to the Restrictions section if its running iOS 11 and below or the Screen Time section if its running iOS 12. Once there, disable the Restricted Mode by inputting the password that you have discovered via Pinfinder.
Bonus: Best Tool to Free Up Space for iPhone
iMyFone Umate Pro is one of the most popular tools to manage your iPhone since 2016. It is equipped with everything you need in order to effectively manage your device’s storage as well as protect your privacy. With Umate Pro, you can manage your device’s storage by browsing all files and previewing them as well as delete your desired files permanently to prevent privacy leak. Furthermore, you can also optimize your iPhone and speed it up via its 1-Click Free Up Space mode.
Options to Free Up Space
- Boost your iPhone’s performance via 1-Click Free Up Space mode.
- Optimize your iPhone by quickly cleaning temporary and junk files.
- Free up plenty of space on your iPhone by compressing large photos, exporting, or deleting them.
- Remove apps in bulk and smartly manage and clean large files on your iPhone.
Steps to Free Up Space for iPhone
Step 1. Launch iMyFone Umate Pro and connect your iPhone to computer.
Step 2. Select 1-Click Free Up Space mode and click on Quick Scan button. It will scan and analyze data on your iPhone.
Step 3. After scanning, it will tell you how much space can be freed up. You can click the Clean button to clean up the space.
More About iMyFone Umate Pro
- Permanently erase all types of data such as photos, videos, documents, music, and more.
- Permanently erase private data such as call logs, contacts, messages, third-party app data, etc. to protect your privacy.
- Preview and select data individually before permanently erasing it.