There may be a number of reasons to hard reset iPhone 8. Usually, people do this to fix any problems the iPhone 8 may be showing and make a fresh start, just as it came out of the box. Another reason is when they are about to sell their iPhone, so that their private data and apps are deleted quickly.
What Does a Hard Reset Do to Your iPhone 8 (Plus)?
A hard/force reset will revert your iPhone 8 to its factory settings and delete all the data stored on it. In a nutshell, all your third-party apps, user data, and settings will be erased and restored to factory version and your iPhone 8 will act like it’s brand new.
How to Completely Hard Reset iPhone 8(Plus) (iOS 11.3 Supported)
Although hard resetting your iPhone 8 will erase all your installed apps and media, the data will not be permanently deleted which means it may be recovered using a recovery software. So, this might be a problem if you are performing ordinary reset before selling your iPhone 8. Fortunately, you can perform true reset on your iPhone 8 via third-party software iMyFone Umate Pro and have peace of mind that your data will be permanently deleted and will not be recoverable by any recovery software.
iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser is the ultimate iPhone data eraser tool that is specially designed to help iDevice users securely erase their data and make it 100% unrecoverable.
- Erase All Data feature, extremely helpful when you are about to sell your iPhone and want to permanently wipe all your data and make it unrecoverable.
- You can also erase traces of already deleted files to make them unrecoverable.
- iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser also allows you to Erase Private Data such as your emails, browsing history, as well as other personal information permanently.
- Incomplete private fragments by third-party apps can also be permanently deleted with this tool.
- 1-Click Free Up Space feature allows you to quickly free up space on your iDevice by securely and permanently removing junk files.
Steps to Completely Hard/Force Reset iPhone 8
Follow these instructions to hard reset your iPhone 8 via iMyFone Umate Pro:
Step 1: Download, install, and launch iMyFone Umate Pro on your computer.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone 8 to your computer via USB cable.
Step 3: Now select Erase All Data option on iMyFone Umate Pro and then click on Erase button.
Step 4: After this, you will have to type “delete” into a textbox in order to confirm your action.
Step 5: In the next step, choose your data erasing level (low, medium, or high) according to your needs.
Step 6: Click Erase Now button, the process will begin and your iPhone 8 data will be permanently erased.
How to Simply Hard Reset iPhone 8 (Plus)
It is recommended that you first back up all your data before attempting a hard reset on your iPhone 8. Once you have backed up all your important things, you can proceed to the hard reset process.
Three buttons are used in the iPhone 8 force reset process: Power, Volume Up, and Volume Down button.
Follow these instructions to hard reset your iPhone 8:
- Power off your iPhone 8.
- Now press and hold the Volume Up button for a few seconds and then quickly release it.
- Repeat the same steps for the Volume Down button. Press and hold it for a few seconds and then quickly release it.
- Now press and hold the Power button for a few seconds. Release the Power button once you see the Apple logo on the screen. Your hard reset process will start.